Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
Gear Trap #7446494
12/31/21 11:02 AM
12/31/21 11:02 AM
MI
S
sculpine Offline OP
trapper
sculpine  Offline OP
trapper
S

MI
1- were any gear traps made commercially? 2- aside from what someone is willing to pay, do they or any specific ones have any value. i honestly dont care, but do want to know. i inherited one a long time ago and gave it of a "friend" that was a collector. i am now a collector (of traps that tickle my fancy more than some elusive model) i have come across an old gear trap that is fox or a little bigger size. im going to buy it, just wondering if it has any $$ value. i posted on here a couple years ago about a trap in an antique shop that had a card stating it was a 1700s man trap. even if it were a man trap it was a bit pricey but since it is still there and i am armed with better info on it being a gear trap (but def enough to catch a person if they were dumb nuff) i may make an offer it it as well

Re: Gear Trap [Re: sculpine] #7446599
12/31/21 12:53 PM
12/31/21 12:53 PM
S.W. Oregon,USA
S
snakecollector Offline
trapper
snakecollector  Offline
trapper
S

S.W. Oregon,USA
1- Yes, gear traps were made commercially but not in the United states, they are European. 2- It is always hard to put a value on traps without seeing it and even then, value will vary among collectors. It seams that the small gear traps tend to be the most desirable and therefore, more valuable. Condition is always a factor in value.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  snakecollector