No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: I knew what was coming [Re: foxkidd44] #7429274
12/12/21 09:03 AM
12/12/21 09:03 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Important Stuff foxkidd44,

Read your Bible and pray about it.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: I knew what was coming [Re: BernieB.] #7429313
12/12/21 09:39 AM
12/12/21 09:39 AM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Originally Posted by BernieB.
Originally Posted by foxkidd44
I don’t really care who wants to make a mockery,, but I knew 3 days ago about the devastation from the tornados. I knew something was coming and I told folks,,, I saw a giant tornado and destruction,,, one of the things I remembered was seeing a church on fire,, and another portion I saw folks in a circle in the path of a tornado. One of the folks in the circle was an old woman,,, she had her hand held out to me,,,, I’m not sure of the significance of the old woman. And although I have not seen it on any coverage,,, I’m pretty sure a church is burning. I’ve always had premonitions… and I hate them,,, why have the dreams when I can’t do anything to help anyone. I’m greatly bothered by this right now gang,,, I knew this was coming.

Why didn't you do something about it?

I don't think that's fair, I'm sure he wasn't given gps coordinates of the event(s). I'm sure that's why he's so overwhelmed, because he wasn't given enough (or couldn't interpret) information to make a legitimate difference. I agree with reading The Word, and having a prayer over it.

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: I knew what was coming [Re: foxkidd44] #7429327
12/12/21 09:54 AM
12/12/21 09:54 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

I myself had a sense of dread Friday. Of course when you see the concrete "sweat" in December it's cause for concern.

Re: I knew what was coming [Re: foxkidd44] #7429330
12/12/21 09:57 AM
12/12/21 09:57 AM
New York
Camohoyt340 Offline
trapper
Camohoyt340  Offline
trapper

New York
Foxkidd44. I believe you.

Re: I knew what was coming [Re: foxkidd44] #7429340
12/12/21 10:03 AM
12/12/21 10:03 AM
Illinois
foxkidd44 Offline OP
trapper
foxkidd44  Offline OP
trapper

Illinois
Why didn’t I do something about it? Other than telling folks this was coming? Take out a loan to buy ad time on tv to warn people?? Only to be scoffed at?? Like I said,,, I knew there would most certainly be a few that would make a mockery ,,, and I was quite prepared to know it… no one here has to believe anything,,,, I had to make the post to get it off my chest. You have no idea how badly I wish I could have done something,,, to know what is coming and to be absolutely powerless is one of the most hollow feelings a man can experience.

Stand by your principles, Stand by your guns, and victory complete and permanent is sure at last.
Abraham Lincoln
Re: I knew what was coming [Re: foxkidd44] #7429347
12/12/21 10:05 AM
12/12/21 10:05 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
I'm not going to go too deep into this discussion because I just don't have time for it today, but just a couple points IMHO.

First I don't know the OP, so I don't know what he's been smoking or drinking if anything and I don't know the state of his mental health. I'm not going to call him a liar so let's assume for the sake of argument that he did have these thoughts he says he had.

First off all they did not come from God, so let's put that aside right away. It's not God's nature to put random thoughts in our mind, dreams or visions, for no purpose. If you look at his Word, you'll see many times where people had dreams, visions, premonitions, etc, but in EVERY case, there was a purpose to it, and there was the information needed to ACT on these visions.

Why would God put these things in a man's mind at random without enough information to do something about it? He would NOT. Lives were lost, property was lost, tremendous difficulty and pain in the lives of so many people. If God wanted to intervene, He could have. But if He would have, He would have given the dreams and visions in a way that something could be done about it; and He'd surely have given the information to someone He could trust to act on them.

That really leaves the main options that this was just a spine-tingling coincidence. Your mileage may vary.

I could say a lot more about this but I don't have the time or the inclination.

Re: I knew what was coming [Re: BernieB.] #7429371
12/12/21 10:30 AM
12/12/21 10:30 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
I'm not going to go too deep into this discussion because I just don't have time for it today, but just a couple points IMHO.

First I don't know the OP, so I don't know what he's been smoking or drinking if anything and I don't know the state of his mental health. I'm not going to call him a liar so let's assume for the sake of argument that he did have these thoughts he says he had.

First off all they did not come from God, so let's put that aside right away. It's not God's nature to put random thoughts in our mind, dreams or visions, for no purpose. If you look at his Word, you'll see many times where people had dreams, visions, premonitions, etc, but in EVERY case, there was a purpose to it, and there was the information needed to ACT on these visions.

Why would God put these things in a man's mind at random without enough information to do something about it? He would NOT. Lives were lost, property was lost, tremendous difficulty and pain in the lives of so many people. If God wanted to intervene, He could have. But if He would have, He would have given the dreams and visions in a way that something could be done about it; and He'd surely have given the information to someone He could trust to act on them.

That really leaves the main options that this was just a spine-tingling coincidence. Your mileage may vary.

Absolutely Incorrect...
Read in the Bible before you respond again.... the Whole complete Story of Joseph , sold into Slavery by jealous Brothers. MANY times God revealed and reveals today.... in Dreams, complete and random. Who are We to claim to know the ways of God?

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: I knew what was coming [Re: foxkidd44] #7429378
12/12/21 10:36 AM
12/12/21 10:36 AM
Va
B
bandy Offline
trapper
bandy  Offline
trapper
B

Va
Bernie I do have a lot of respect for you have you read the book of relation. This is a book of dreams and vision that John did not understand and still today they are debating. Foxkid maybe God is preparing you for something I would get in to his word and spend the time in prayer. Never underestimate God's plans why because he is the creator of everything even us. Why would we even put limits on what God can or will do he is God and yes I could also go on. Why does bad things happen to good people and so on why does foxkid have these dreams maybe God sees something In him he can use.

No matter where you go there you are.
Re: I knew what was coming [Re: foxkidd44] #7429382
12/12/21 10:40 AM
12/12/21 10:40 AM
Central Texas - Erath- Real Co...
Ol' Smoke Offline
trapper
Ol' Smoke  Offline
trapper

Central Texas - Erath- Real Co...
How much "animal instinct" has man lost by the complexity of processing
the constant stream of scrambled data ?

---- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE----Bye, Bye Miss American Pie----
Re: I knew what was coming [Re: foxkidd44] #7429398
12/12/21 11:13 AM
12/12/21 11:13 AM
Va
B
bandy Offline
trapper
bandy  Offline
trapper
B

Va

No matter where you go there you are.
Re: I knew what was coming [Re: foxkidd44] #7429431
12/12/21 12:10 PM
12/12/21 12:10 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Foxkidd, if you did tell people about it then you're good. You did what you could.

Dreams happen for numerous reasons but you listened to this one and you took action. Was it enough? Who knows.

Re: I knew what was coming [Re: foxkidd44] #7429443
12/12/21 12:31 PM
12/12/21 12:31 PM
Central montana
.204 Offline
trapper
.204  Offline
trapper

Central montana
There are things that cannot be explained, not even by "science". Back in early 80's I had a very vivid dream of my younger brother jumping his motorcycle off a cliff and disappearing. I woke up at that instant and thought how very strange. The next day I was in a mgr meeting and telling everyone about the dream because it was so vivid. A few minutes later my mtg was interrupted by a phone call from my mother who informed me my little brother was jumping his motorcycle, about the height of a telephone ole and plowed into the ground and was in hospital. Havnt had any dream like it since. Somre things cannot be explained from a purely naturalistic approach.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement!
Re: I knew what was coming [Re: foxkidd44] #7429454
12/12/21 12:40 PM
12/12/21 12:40 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
I don't know if this will help. You may have been mocked or ignored, but the fact is those that you told may come to see the power of God through you're dreams at a later time. Gods timing is perfect.the prophets warnings and prophesies were ignored and mocked by there own people over and over again. They hung the lord of salvation on the cross and there still blided to this day. Jesus sayed his followers would be mocked and ridiculed. There are those that take head to dreams and visions, but God doesn't give us the spirit of fear.
Rich

Re: I knew what was coming [Re: foxkidd44] #7429463
12/12/21 12:49 PM

B
bleeohio
Unregistered
bleeohio
Unregistered
B

Acts 2:17 in the end days God will pour out the spirit and young men and woman will prophecies and the young men will see visions and the old men will dream dreams.

For me, I can't remember very many details of a dream but I can remember everything about a vision. So I believe that it happens more often than we know. To the op, try writing them down as they happen. You'll be surprised at how they weave together.

Re: I knew what was coming [Re: BernieB.] #7429464
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy

Can you explain all the visions and dreams of the book of Revelation those are Cristal clear. LOL. Rich

Re: I knew what was coming [Re: foxkidd44] #7429506
12/12/21 01:50 PM
12/12/21 01:50 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by foxkidd44
I don’t really care who wants to make a mockery,, but I knew 3 days ago about the devastation from the tornados. I knew something was coming and I told folks,,, I saw a giant tornado and destruction,,, one of the things I remembered was seeing a church on fire,, and another portion I saw folks in a circle in the path of a tornado. One of the folks in the circle was an old woman,,, she had her hand held out to me,,,, I’m not sure of the significance of the old woman. And although I have not seen it on any coverage,,, I’m pretty sure a church is burning. I’ve always had premonitions… and I hate them,,, why have the dreams when I can’t do anything to help anyone. I’m greatly bothered by this right now gang,,, I knew this was coming.

smile

-Goofy-
Re: I knew what was coming [Re: foxkidd44] #7429530
12/12/21 02:22 PM
12/12/21 02:22 PM
On the Sugar River, Wisconsin
longrangekilla Offline
trapper
longrangekilla  Offline
trapper

On the Sugar River, Wisconsin
Ohhhhh boy crazy

Last edited by longrangekilla; 12/12/21 02:23 PM.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough
Re: I knew what was coming [Re: foxkidd44] #7429537
12/12/21 02:26 PM
12/12/21 02:26 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Should have asked what the fur market was going to be today.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: I knew what was coming [Re: foxkidd44] #7429557
12/12/21 02:43 PM
12/12/21 02:43 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
So if you don't do anything with these premonitions what good are they?

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: I knew what was coming [Re: waggler] #7429558
12/12/21 02:47 PM
12/12/21 02:47 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by waggler
So if you don't do anything with these premonitions what good are they?

Million dollar question. God isn't into just doing it to torture you.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread