No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: atrapper] #6209136
04/05/18 04:22 PM
04/05/18 04:22 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline OP
trapper
AntiGov  Offline OP
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted By: atrapper
Originally Posted By: AntiGov
Meanwhile , day four of teacher strike

Only thing being taught to the students right now is if you don't like something it's ok to throw a fit and shun your responsibilities

" it's all about the students " is a load of crap

This strike is a huge disservice to the students , parents , and the tax payers

Atrapper , Bbarnes .......show me a " positive "

join a school board ? .......yeah right ! The liberal mind rot of these adult snowflakes is solidified !

On a side note the USA already has more laws to protect workers than any other nation. No need for Unions

Union = Extortion ........and nothing else

Again, more bashing but no action. Talk to me when you have actually done something to help your cause rather than just spew misinformed information to those that are working to make change.

Lol......to make a change for who ? For the good of who ? The students ? .................

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: AntiGov] #6209137
04/05/18 04:23 PM
04/05/18 04:23 PM
Blue Creek, Ohio
Hal Offline
"old windy fartbag"
Hal  Offline
"old windy fartbag"

Blue Creek, Ohio
Originally Posted By: Rat Masterson
I payed alot of property taxes, does that count.

That goes to pay the baby sitters.

[Linked Image]
La pervenche est une tr�s belle couleur!!

Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: AntiGov] #6209138
04/05/18 04:26 PM
04/05/18 04:26 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
I'm to old to have babies.

Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: AntiGov] #6209142
04/05/18 04:28 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline OP
trapper
AntiGov  Offline OP
trapper

Central Oregon
Even the governor of Oklahoma equates the strike to " teenagers demanding a nicer car " lol

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/okl...4b0aacd15b7e060

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: AntiGov] #6209143
Northern MN
A
atrapper Offline
trapper
atrapper  Offline
trapper
A

Northern MN
I think you're on to something Mike in A-Town. We do throw a lot of money at education yet the results don't seem to follow. Maybe dedicating more funding toward mental health, satisfying our basic needs before worrying about mandated testing? More funding for trade skills rather than trying to use a "one size fits all" mold in trying to push every student toward high GPA's and college futures?

So, what are other countries doing that we aren't here? How are their academics or test scores soaring above ours, yet they are putting less into education? Maybe we need to scrap the whole system, "drain the swamp", and start over? Fire every teacher currently in the profession and start over. Let's look at how other countries with high academic success rates are compensating their teachers. If we started over from scratch, what sort of teachers would be attracted and retained to the profession in America with the current compensation? Capable workers don't come cheap in any profession.

So Ani and Dirt, just cut em all. Lets get rid of all those teachers on strike and start over. Lets see what kind of teachers we get applying for those jobs that these teachers are striking for.

Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: Rat Masterson] #6209146
04/05/18 04:30 PM
04/05/18 04:30 PM
Northern MN
A
atrapper Offline
trapper
atrapper  Offline
trapper
A

Northern MN
Originally Posted By: Rat Masterson
I payed alot of property taxes, does that count.

Yeah that counts. You get exactly 3 complaint posts here for those paid taxes! Hahah

Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: AntiGov] #6209147
04/05/18 04:32 PM
04/05/18 04:32 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
How much do these other countries pay for the special needs students?
I am very happy with the education my sons received in their rural public school. The two older are doing very well in college and the younger has his NHS dinner tonight.

There are many kids who graduated with my two older boys who have continued to be the loser in adult life that they were while in high school. Most of their parents say things like- "They didn't teach that kid nothin' in school. Them teachers is terrible." laugh........

Mommy and daddy(or baby-daddy)need to ask themselves why some of the kids who were offered the same chances for an education as their little johnny are doing so much better than he is. I doubt that they would ever accept that the person looking back from the mirror has as much to do with the struggles their kid will go through trying to make a pleasant life for himself as anyone else.

Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: AntiGov] #6209149
04/05/18 04:34 PM
04/05/18 04:34 PM
Norborne MO
B
BBarnes Offline
trapper
BBarnes  Offline
trapper
B

Norborne MO
Originally Posted By: AntiGov
Originally Posted By: BBarnes
I've answered your question. Really doesn't matter you wouldn't be satisfied anyway. I guess if you were working for a company for 3-4 years and they started hiring new employee's in at more then what you were making you would just keep your mouth shut and work on.

Just stay up on your soap box. Your really doing a lot of good up there.

B

Lol.....In the real world I would figure I was on the chopping block and either due some self evaluation or move on

In your dream world you would blame everyone and everything around you ......lol

I was just making reference to the dream world you live in on your soap box.
Glad you have the world all figured out. Keep walking West you'll get there.

B

Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: gryhkl] #6209154
04/05/18 04:44 PM
04/05/18 04:44 PM
east TN, USA
harleydparts Offline
trapper
harleydparts  Offline
trapper

east TN, USA
[/quote]You siting and and parroting individual instances of the abuse by some who belong to unions is no better than the anti-gunners who pretend every gun owner is just like the kids who shoot up the schools or use their assault weapons to commit the mass murders......It is the simple way to make your invalid point, but it puts you in the same class as those who lump all gun owners into a group with the unstable nut balls. It's a poor habit to allow yourself to practice. [/quote]
Nope sorry, the getting a guy killed I'll admit I only know of that one case, the rest? Continual and daily. People that want to rise above the rest were held back, good people were resigned to the way it is, a lot, a whole lot took advantage, they were and still are entitled. Check the history, I lived it. Weirton, WV. National steel first, then Weirton steel. My grandfather moved there with H.G. Weir to build that mill. He was there thru the union movement, good at first with needed changes then across the decades it became a form of abuse. A mature union can only exist by getting the employees more, always more. It's called killing the golden goose. Can't find any recent info on Weirton Steel? The goose is dead. Suicide by union. Ball corporation just last year pulled their plant from there, suicide by union. Most of us that were raised there actually thought it was normal till we got out in the real world and realized just how insidious the union mind set of more for less really is. I'll stick with taking care of me and mine.

Not as bad as I could be, not as good as I should be.
Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: AntiGov] #6209158
04/05/18 04:48 PM
04/05/18 04:48 PM
Blue Creek, Ohio
Hal Offline
"old windy fartbag"
Hal  Offline
"old windy fartbag"

Blue Creek, Ohio

Remember the children.

[Linked Image]
La pervenche est une tr�s belle couleur!!

Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: AntiGov] #6209189
04/05/18 05:27 PM
04/05/18 05:27 PM
Roanoke, VA
Meathunter1978 Offline
trapper
Meathunter1978  Offline
trapper

Roanoke, VA
Hey Sarg I remember as an E1 I qualified for food stamps. Instead I got a night job delivering pizzas. Lol.

Formally known as Meathunter78. Just doing it for meat.
Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: AntiGov] #6209223
04/05/18 06:14 PM
04/05/18 06:14 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
We have at least one school district who has suspended classes indefinitely and has notified parents that their kids may have to finish the school year in a different school.

It’s for the kids .

This week is State testing week . Those tests will have to be made up.

It’s for the kids.

I saw a school owned party wagon full of gleeful teachers headed to OKC today on I44 . You’d thought they were headed to Fort Lauderdale.
But it’s for the kids .

Some of our State law makers have received death threats.
Because someone is so passionate about the kids.

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: AntiGov] #6209229
04/05/18 06:24 PM
04/05/18 06:24 PM
Norborne MO
B
BBarnes Offline
trapper
BBarnes  Offline
trapper
B

Norborne MO
We have at least one school district who has suspended classes indefinitely and has notified parents that their kids may have to finish the school year in a different school.

It’s for the kids .

This week is State testing week . Those tests will have to be made up.
Aaron Where is this?????
The School my son teaches at is off this week for break so I don't know how it could be State testing week!!!!

Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: atrapper] #6209235
04/05/18 06:33 PM
04/05/18 06:33 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted By: atrapper
I think you're on to something Mike in A-Town. We do throw a lot of money at education yet the results don't seem to follow. Maybe dedicating more funding toward mental health, satisfying our basic needs before worrying about mandated testing? More funding for trade skills rather than trying to use a "one size fits all" mold in trying to push every student toward high GPA's and college futures?

So, what are other countries doing that we aren't here? How are their academics or test scores soaring above ours, yet they are putting less into education? Maybe we need to scrap the whole system, "drain the swamp", and start over? Fire every teacher currently in the profession and start over. Let's look at how other countries with high academic success rates are compensating their teachers. If we started over from scratch, what sort of teachers would be attracted and retained to the profession in America with the current compensation? Capable workers don't come cheap in any profession.

So Ani and Dirt, just cut em all. Lets get rid of all those teachers on strike and start over. Lets see what kind of teachers we get applying for those jobs that these teachers are striking for.

These teachers appear to be upset about their pay because they are near the lowest paid. Somebody is always going to be lowest. You have the easiest major in college, I'd be happy I have a job; period. crazy

Who is John Galt?
Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: AntiGov] #6209236
04/05/18 06:34 PM
04/05/18 06:34 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
Cache, Ok has told parents to be looking for alternative schools .

Oklahoma schools should be testing this week.

Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: AntiGov] #6209240
04/05/18 06:37 PM
04/05/18 06:37 PM
Norborne MO
B
BBarnes Offline
trapper
BBarnes  Offline
trapper
B

Norborne MO
Oklahoma schools should be testing this week.

That's funny, cause the School Boards the one who scheduled Spring break to go with Easter where my Boy teaches!!!!

B

Last edited by BBarnes; 04/05/18 06:38 PM.
Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: Macthediver] #6209243
04/05/18 06:43 PM
04/05/18 06:43 PM
Oklahoma
sparkyd Offline
trapper
sparkyd  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: Macthediver
Got love some of you people on this site... If you don't like your job or think your not paid enough do something else you say..walk out, don't do the job. stand up for your self...
Unless your a teacher or someone I think is paid to much already. Then your a cry baby should be fired.

LMAO!

Mac

My mother is on fixed income and has less than $600.00 month fixed income. She has some natural gas checks to make up the difference. We purchased mineral rights as a retirement income for her. Well she got her first two shut in checks $5.00 a year, where the gas company quits producing them wells She went from $30.00 on one and $60.00 a month on the other. I know this is peanuts to some of y'all but to a person on fixed income it adds up quick. I can't wait till we can file a class action lawsuit against the Oklahoma school board for Undo Hardship! There young people starting out suffering much worse than the Liberal Union Backed Working Welfare! Consolidate Consolidate!!!

Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: AntiGov] #6209262
04/05/18 07:10 PM
04/05/18 07:10 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
It just keeps getting better.

See, 13 years ago when we voted for the lottery , we were told this fix education funding . Now , the Lottery Commission is saying the purchase of tickets by debit/credit card will be the shot in the arm .

Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: AntiGov] #6209275
04/05/18 07:35 PM
04/05/18 07:35 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Online shocked
trapper
Gary Benson  Online Shocked
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Obviously, the only solution is to raise property taxes and let the rich farmers pay for it all!
Government will never, ever, do with less....but everyone else is expected to. No choice!

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Illegal teacher strike [Re: AntiGov] #6209278
04/05/18 07:44 PM
04/05/18 07:44 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
According to this web page OK schools get 8 grand per student. 25 kids is 200,000. I think a building with a big blackboard, adequate heat and ac, two bathrooms 26 desks even 25 computers could be built for 200,000. So borrow 150,000 of it and pay the teacher 75. Probably get 50 in cash and have insurance and retirement and S.S. for the 25. I don't think the problem is lack of money I think the problem is fiscal responsibility. No pay for school board. Fire everybody but principals and teachers and a few janitors. More money aint gonna work.

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/education-data/state-education-spending-per-pupil-data.html

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread