No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: FairbanksLS] #6128035
01/16/18 10:53 PM
01/16/18 10:53 PM
Washington
wildflights Offline
trapper
wildflights  Offline
trapper

Washington
Originally Posted By: gray dog
Duh, Do you think there would be fewer robberies if they could deposit the days proceeds in the bank like every other legitimate state licensed business?

Without a doubt. The banks have to follow the law. Washington state picks and chooses because of the money.

Last edited by wildflights; 01/17/18 05:33 AM.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. -Gustav Mahler
Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: bic] #6128143
01/17/18 12:17 AM
01/17/18 12:17 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
Originally Posted By: bic
I haven't read all 5 pages but I know many of you fellas are my age. I grew up in the 60's and graduated High school in the late 70's. I'd be lying if I said I didn't know first hand the affects of weed. I learned that Tops 1.5 papers are wider and easier to roll one with. I also know that when it came time for me to grow up and become more responsible, I had NO Problem doing so and haven't touched the stuff for 40 years. Many of the claims I have seen made on this thread are complete BS and are made from fellas that have zero first hand knowledge of weed and make statements based on pure speculation.

Not that i was talking about the use of mj or care about effects of use, but you really cant say you have first hand knowledge of the the effects if its been 40 years since you smokes. Its a skosh stronger nowadays.

Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: yotetrapper30] #6128205
01/17/18 01:52 AM
01/17/18 01:52 AM
Minnesota
M
MN live bait Offline
trapper
MN live bait  Offline
trapper
M

Minnesota
There is literally tens of thousands of liquor stores and bars that anyone of age can freely walk into and ingest a substance that can kill you just by drinking too much let alone all the other ways it can increase you odds of dieing. So what is it that anti pot people really hate about it? Have you ever smoked it ? Have you ever smoked it more then once ? Did you smoke good stuff? No not all weed makes you tired and lazy. And no not everything you heard 40 years ago is true and no they don't grow it with chemicals .

Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: MN live bait] #6128237
01/17/18 05:31 AM
01/17/18 05:31 AM
Washington
wildflights Offline
trapper
wildflights  Offline
trapper

Washington
Originally Posted By: MN live bait
There is literally tens of thousands of liquor stores and bars that anyone of age can freely walk into and ingest a substance that can kill you just by drinking too much let alone all the other ways it can increase you odds of dieing. So what is it that anti pot people really hate about it? Have you ever smoked it ? Have you ever smoked it more then once ? Did you smoke good stuff? No not all weed makes you tired and lazy. And no not everything you heard 40 years ago is true and no they don't grow it with chemicals .

I don't appreciate the people sitting at stop lights smoking a bowl.
When those people cause accidents, there is no test that shows how "under the influence" they were, unlike alcohol.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. -Gustav Mahler
Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: yotetrapper30] #6128239
01/17/18 05:45 AM
01/17/18 05:45 AM
Gitche Gumee Wisconsin
RiversNorth13 Offline
trapper
RiversNorth13  Offline
trapper

Gitche Gumee Wisconsin
Thing about that is it don't show how much a person is under the influence at that moment, but for someone that "used" two weeks ago, it will show up on a drug test for work and they haven't be under the influence for two weeks either .

Just think if they could do that with alcohol, half the country would be fired from their job .

Wouldn't that be something, unemployment rate ,50 % ! laugh

It would open up a lot of jobs for the illegal immigrants .

Simplify your methods to the point of perfection.

Become fast,efficient & effective.

The real "SECRET" to successful trapping.

KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: yotetrapper30] #6128272
01/17/18 07:41 AM
01/17/18 07:41 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

"There are no consequences using mind altering substances other than them being illegal."

Just ask the children living without a choice.

-Goofy-
Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: yotetrapper30] #6128279
01/17/18 07:51 AM
01/17/18 07:51 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

I have a question for the users. If it were legal what would you do differently than you are doing now?

-Goofy-
Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: Mike in A-town] #6128333
01/17/18 09:25 AM
01/17/18 09:25 AM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
Originally Posted By: Mike in A-town
Originally Posted By: walleyed
Last Thing We Need Is A Bunch Of Trigger-Happy, Gun Toting, Paranoid, Anti-Social Trappers All Jacked Up On Weed Shooting Up A H.S.U.S. Run Animal Shelter !!! laugh

H.S.U.S. doesn't operate any shelters. And only about 1% of donations actually go to supporting any animal shelters.

Mike

Yes Mike,

I'm Well Aware Of What H.S.U.S. Does And Does Not Do For Animal Shelters.

Apparently You Missed The Satirical Sarcasm And The Total Absurdity Of My Entire Post !! laugh

w

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: yotetrapper30] #6128352
01/17/18 09:48 AM
01/17/18 09:48 AM
michigan,USA
S
seniortrap Offline
trapper
seniortrap  Offline
trapper
S

michigan,USA
Quote:
RKG:Why does it have to be smoked to be effective? Why can't the "medical" value of it be extracted, put in a pill form, and then prescribed as any other drug is?

I have said this for the longest time.

Smoking it is harder on the lungs than cigarettes.

Vietnam--1967 46th. Const./Combat Engineers

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"
Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: yotetrapper30] #6128377
01/17/18 10:14 AM
01/17/18 10:14 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
hey Walleyed,did i hear your gov. talking about a big study to make it legal in ny yesterday???just wondering cause it sounded like that is his next strategy seeing how his "native american money" has dried up.

Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: yotetrapper30] #6128404
01/17/18 10:34 AM
01/17/18 10:34 AM
Pa
A
Art S Offline
trapper
Art S  Offline
trapper
A

Pa
Well,wasn't going to post but just for the experts who know all.
The Only way it is Legal in Pa. IS IN A PILL,liquid,oil or topical cream,EXCLUDING dry leaf or plant form,
You cannot smoke a topical ointment so I doubt anyone will be driving and trying.
There's only around 10,000 people signed up statewide anyways,
and there are only certain conditions allowed.
They legalized it more for research purposes than anything else,
that they tied it to gun ownership is ridiculous propaganda,imo.

Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: yotetrapper30] #6128454
01/17/18 11:19 AM
01/17/18 11:19 AM
Arizona
O
oldtrapper Offline
trapper
oldtrapper  Offline
trapper
O

Arizona
Psalms 104:14 King James version of the Bible

God causes the grass to grow for the cattle and the herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth.

Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: yotetrapper30] #6128457
01/17/18 11:23 AM
01/17/18 11:23 AM
Pa
A
Art S Offline
trapper
Art S  Offline
trapper
A

Pa
"Why don't they pass a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting
anybody from learning anything,
If it works as good as prohibition did,
in 5 years Americans would be the smartest race of people on the Earth."
Will Rodgers

Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: yotetrapper30] #6128527
01/17/18 12:25 PM
Mountain View, AR
S
ShaneT Offline
trapper
ShaneT  Offline
trapper
S

Mountain View, AR
I would rather by a factor of 100 have someone that was under the influence of weed on the road than someone under the influence of alcohol. There really is no comparison.

With that said I don't think someone smoking weed and driving is a good idea. I suspect that their will be some sort of sobriety test developed for it before long.

One of the most ludicrous things in the world is that someone who is hungover from a drunk the night before can go to work and be A-OK, but someone who injested pot 10 days ago can lose their job. Retarded.

I get random drug tested at work and I walk the straight and narrow so I have no worries, but we got a company wide email from DOT stating that due to the optiod epidemic that they are doubling the amount of random drug screening this year. What a load of feces. So to battle opiod addiction they are going to double screening of people that are working hard and holding down a very demanding job. How stupid can you be?

"Good Lord, thank you for your endless bounty. Lord please give me the strength to gather what I need"
Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: Art S] #6128528
Washington
wildflights Offline
trapper
wildflights  Offline
trapper

Washington
Originally Posted By: Art S
Well,wasn't going to post but just for the experts who know all.
The Only way it is Legal in Pa. IS IN A PILL,liquid,oil or topical cream,EXCLUDING dry leaf or plant form,
You cannot smoke a topical ointment so I doubt anyone will be driving and trying.
There's only around 10,000 people signed up statewide anyways,
and there are only certain conditions allowed.
They legalized it more for research purposes than anything else,
that they tied it to gun ownership is ridiculous propaganda,imo.

I didn't realize that this was a PA specific thread. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

FWIW- Pot is legal in WA. Washington legal pot is grown by state sanctioned growers and sold by state sanctioned sellers. Backyard grows are not legal though everyone that grows claims to be above board. Most are not. I know of several grow operations. One is a few blocks from where I'm sitting right now. Guess that would be accurate whether I'm at home or at work.

In WA, it's illegal to give pot to your friends. It's illegal to sell pot to your friends. It's illegal to smoke in public. Most pot users ignore the law. There is no amount of legalization that is enough. Just this morning on the way to work, they are advocating on the radio for the state to hand out heroin substitutes. There is big money pushing for state sponsored "safe" injection sites.

I don't know what's going on in PA. In WA, pot is the slippery slope to the state handing out opiate drugs/needles and Dr's prescribing opiates in place of heroin.

Last edited by wildflights; 01/17/18 12:59 PM.

Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: ShaneT] #6128564
01/17/18 12:53 PM
01/17/18 12:53 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted By: ShaneT
I would rather by a factor of 100 have someone that was under the influence of weed on the road than someone under the influence of alcohol. There really is no comparison.

With that said I don't think someone smoking weed and driving is a good idea. I suspect that their will be some sort of sobriety test developed for it before long.

One of the most ludicrous things in the world is that someone who is hungover from a drunk the night before can go to work and be A-OK, but someone who injested pot 10 days ago can lose their job. Retarded.

I get random drug tested at work and I walk the straight and narrow so I have no worries, but we got a company wide email from DOT stating that due to the optiod epidemic that they are doubling the amount of random drug screening this year. What a load of feces. So to battle opiod addiction they are going to double screening of people that are working hard and holding down a very demanding job. How stupid can you be?

I can see their point. With the seriousness about the opioid addiction and the possible consequences involved, especially since it's DOT. I don't understand why you should be concerned since you aren't a user.

Most in this country have things people in other countries only dream about. Yet, they want America to be more like those other countries.
Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: yotetrapper30] #6128572
01/17/18 01:05 PM
01/17/18 01:05 PM
Pa
A
Art S Offline
trapper
Art S  Offline
trapper
A

Pa
Well the OP posted a story about the president of
The Pennsylvania Supreme Court warning Pa.residents that
the new Pa.law does not supersede Federal law,so I guess I was the one assuming.
By the way,heroin is an opiate.
I am just grateful that no one missuses any prescription medications,
because if they did,then they could outlaw gun ownership to anyone
taking any pill that could potentially be "dangerous".

Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: MN live bait] #6128575
01/17/18 01:06 PM
01/17/18 01:06 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted By: MN live bait

I can tell you why I'm opposed to pot smoking. I have a kid who was a big pot smoker who eventually moved on to bigger things. He's been through in house treatment several times where he admitted it was pot that got him hooked on drugs. He wasn't interested in alcohol because he could get just as high on pot and didn't have the hang over the next day. Plus, he said pot wasn't as detectable as booze.

In high school he was always on the honor roll until his senior year when he started smoking pot. He wanted to drop out of school his senior year with only a month left of school, said he was tired of school, didn't care if he graduated or not. He has been married and divorced to a wonderful lady who couldn't put up with him anymore.

The counselor I mentioned who said, Not all pot smokers are heroin users, but all heroin users were once pot smokers, was my kid's counselor at one time. He had seen many lives ruined by alcohol, yes. But, pot as well.

Most in this country have things people in other countries only dream about. Yet, they want America to be more like those other countries.
Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: ShaneT] #6128576
01/17/18 01:08 PM
01/17/18 01:08 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Originally Posted By: ShaneT

I don't know about you shane but I'd as soon not have people addicted to opiodes working around me, or drunk or hung over. There are many "hung over" people who are still impaired in the AM. Dont want them around me. Heavy equipment or heavy loads aren't all that forgiving.

I'm all for legalization because I don't believe that prohibition has been working. But I almost never drink and it's safe to say I don't anymore and for sure don't do drugs but if people want to work at a good paying job they can follow the rules, it's that simple. I want to go home at night with 10 toes and 10 fingers.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Medical Marijuana and Guns [Re: yotetrapper30] #6128580
01/17/18 01:11 PM
01/17/18 01:11 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
7, sorry to hear about your son.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread