ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
WNS article #5066059
05/30/15 07:10 PM
05/30/15 07:10 PM
Sacramento Mountains NM
mtncat Offline OP
trapper
mtncat  Offline OP
trapper

Sacramento Mountains NM

Re: WNS article [Re: mtncat] #5067855
06/01/15 02:52 AM
06/01/15 02:52 AM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Hey Mike,

(Good catchin up for a minute today)

I have seen some related to this press release, but this was interesting to read in terms of how they talked about NM. I think they took some liberty in terms
of bat biology in NM versus just reporting on the meat and potatoes of the story in terms of the use of this anti-fungal agent in MO and the hope for this
against WNS.

I think they were really trying to tie it in to local bats of Lincoln County but focused on Mexican free-tailed and little browns only one of which is impacted by WNS
and skipped over the idea we have 28 (29 depending on who you ask) species of bat and that a solid portion of those are susceptible if this ever hits here.

With the latest report confirming the fungus on the eastern edge of OK, we are now closer than ever to ending up with this in our bats.

Good article though in terms of more advertising for the anti-fungal campaign which is critical to making a move that might actually save remaining bats and help
buffer our western states.

Thanks for sharing!

Justin

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread