We haven't had a lot of snow so no big run-off. Every body of water was low and even some of the big lakes were down four feet. So

while I'm worrying about water levels and the mosquito population and other stupid stuff over which I have no control, God decided

to empty the skies. I've been around for a while but I can't remember rain like we had in eight hours on Thursday night. The

streams that were nearly dry are now ready for white water rafting! Like the man said: "Be careful what you wish for." I was also

quite surprised that I had two gun jobs in a row. I had a turkey job at a AAA office that was a riot. This gobbler kept running

back and forth, attacking all the other gobblers that he was seeing in the windows. Yesterday afternoon I had to shoot a deer

that was hit by a car. There was an officer on the scene and everybody asked why he didn't put the deer out of its misery.

It's not the first time something like this has happened. Its got to do with writing out what I gather must be a pain in the butt

report when an officer discharges his issued weapon. Do you guys have the same reluctance from your cops? ( I've already had an

officer call in and have his own gun delivered to the scene, but I was still the one that waded in and fired it ) So now I've got

that new Marauder paid for, so it's time to order the pistol. Right guys?

Last edited by Paul Winkelmann; 04/10/15 06:45 PM.