Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
straight cross and hump cross #4990942
04/01/15 11:02 PM
04/01/15 11:02 PM
western Colorado
H
hillsngills Offline OP
trapper
hillsngills  Offline OP
trapper
H

western Colorado
Could anybody tell me what the difference is between "straight cross" and "hump cross"?
Also has anybody ever seen the "Y" for York missing on "oneida community, N.Y." I have one that says "oneida community, N"

Re: straight cross and hump cross [Re: hillsngills] #4995539
04/04/15 11:26 PM
04/04/15 11:26 PM
saskatchewan/canada
lots of mink Offline
trapper
lots of mink  Offline
trapper

saskatchewan/canada
Hump cross means theres a hump built in the cross on pan side. The hump holds the pan on the trap letting it hold the jaw down when setting. Your missing Y is quite common. Even fresh struck pans can have letters missing as the die wears out.

Re: straight cross and hump cross [Re: hillsngills] #4997021
04/06/15 01:49 AM
04/06/15 01:49 AM
western Colorado
H
hillsngills Offline OP
trapper
hillsngills  Offline OP
trapper
H

western Colorado
Thank you for the info it seemed like it was impossible to find somebody that knew the answers to that. I've asked tons of people! Thanks again

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  snakecollector