ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
You ever get the vibe to say, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) NO! #4507422
06/06/14 07:54 PM
06/06/14 07:54 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Fox job downtown, vacant lot, surrounded by section 8/low rent, high foot traffic, police involved, investment absentee owner.

[Linked Image]
Re: You ever get the vibe to say, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) NO! [Re: warrior] #4507557
06/06/14 09:15 PM
06/06/14 09:15 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
bad karma Offline
trapper
bad karma  Offline
trapper

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Yep but mine was muskrat job, million dollar waterfront homes. Owner is retired banker who cross-examined everything I told him. I declined the job. Did my heart good too.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Re: You ever get the vibe to say, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) NO! [Re: warrior] #4508010
06/07/14 06:17 AM
06/07/14 06:17 AM
NE, NC
B
Big Bear Wildlif Offline
trapper
Big Bear Wildlif  Offline
trapper
B

NE, NC
Ohh yea. When my gut tells me it's not right, I walk away.

Be Green, Buy Fur.
NE- NC
Re: You ever get the vibe to say, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) NO! [Re: warrior] #4508092
06/07/14 07:56 AM
06/07/14 07:56 AM
Des Allemands, Louisiana
Budfish Offline
trapper
Budfish  Offline
trapper

Des Allemands, Louisiana
Bees (probably wasps) in heavy machinery. I would be climbing a crane tower to get to them. No thanks. Didn't bother me at all to turn it down.

Re: You ever get the vibe to say, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) NO! [Re: warrior] #4508156
06/07/14 08:51 AM
06/07/14 08:51 AM
Sacramento Mountains NM
mtncat Offline
trapper
mtncat  Offline
trapper

Sacramento Mountains NM
Probably 95% or more of the jobs I decline are based more on the fact that its a people problem, not an animal problem.
Put the bird feeders, hummingbird feeders, cat food, and dog food up at night and you won't have 10 skunks on your deck!
I'm amazed at the number of people that move to the mountains, feed the wildlife, and then whine when they end up with animal issues they didnt want or expect.

Re: You ever get the vibe to say, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) NO! [Re: warrior] #4508219
06/07/14 09:36 AM
06/07/14 09:36 AM
Northern Illinois
M
MChewk Offline
trapper
MChewk  Offline
trapper
M

Northern Illinois
Yes sir! Been burned(traps stolen, daily police checks, harassment's, etc... ) too many times...the money ain't worth it. Lost time and heart ache is never covered...now I just decline.

Re: You ever get the vibe to say, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) NO! [Re: warrior] #4508272
06/07/14 10:15 AM
06/07/14 10:15 AM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
Mine was a large distribution warehouse with dozens of feral cats. A large number of employees ate lunch and took breaks at picnic tables outside and fed the cats more than they ate themselves. The administration wanted them trapped and removed and had requested that the employees not feed them. The animal shelter in my county wouldn't take them unless they came from my county. The animal shelter in the county where the cats were located wouldn't accept them from someone not living in their county. Talk about a train wreck about to happen.

Re: You ever get the vibe to say, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) NO! [Re: warrior] #4508846
06/07/14 05:45 PM
06/07/14 05:45 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Since the customers already get filtered by my lovely bride and my very knowledgeable daughter, I can only come up with one **** no, right off hand. ( If I come up with others, I will let you know. I happen to think this is a great topic! )

Anyway, I go to this multi-pest job and it ain't real close. The customer is either widowed or divorced. ( I'm going with divorced ) She is a PITA right from the start. I finally can't take it anymore and I told her so!

I'm about to leave, when this expensive car pulls in. Out jumps this Hollywood type guy, his gorgeous wife, and his two kids. He comes up to me, shakes my hand and introduces himself. ( He's the customer's son from Washington D.C. )

I introduce myself and explain that his mother and I don't see eye to eye on her problems. He says. "Yeah, I know about her problems and I'm well aware that she's a PITA. Do me a favor; We'll be here for a couple of weeks. Set her up and take care of the problems and we will forever be indebted."

Since I'm well acquainted with mothers, I did the job and I am happy to say that it was as profitable as any of our better jobs. Okay, now here's the kicker; Her son, ( I later found out ) was a very prominent member of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Disclaimer: This happened many years ago and I can say with all sincerity that it really increased my respect for the the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Unfortunately, the FBI is only as strong as the President. In other words, they now suck!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread