ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Selling Equipment Question #4426170
04/10/14 09:06 PM
04/10/14 09:06 PM
Chocowinity, NC
Phil Nichols Offline OP
trapper
Phil Nichols  Offline OP
trapper

Chocowinity, NC
If a person who is not myself, would want to sell certain explosive devices that are now regulated by the man, such as bird screamers and other horrible things, what would such a person do?

Re: Selling Equipment Question [Re: Phil Nichols] #4426191
04/10/14 09:20 PM
04/10/14 09:20 PM
Northern Arkansas
Wickerman Offline
trapper
Wickerman  Offline
trapper

Northern Arkansas
Probably not post it on an open forum.

Re: Selling Equipment Question [Re: Wickerman] #4426238
04/10/14 09:37 PM
04/10/14 09:37 PM
Chocowinity, NC
Phil Nichols Offline OP
trapper
Phil Nichols  Offline OP
trapper

Chocowinity, NC
Originally Posted By: Wickerman
Probably not post it on an open forum.

What should I do then, crawl to all your houses in the middle of the night and go "pssst -I have a question?" I am just a neutral intermediary, seeking advice on THIS relevant forum, for a friend, and perhaps other possessors of these horrid terror devices who find themselves in a conundrum. A product that was purchased in good faith, with good intentions, by people who want to solve goose problems, now brands these people as law breaking terrorist felons by THE MAN eek

Last edited by Phil Nichols; 04/10/14 09:38 PM.
Re: Selling Equipment Question [Re: Phil Nichols] #4426269
04/10/14 09:51 PM
04/10/14 09:51 PM
SW Missouri
M
Mike K. Offline
trapper
Mike K.  Offline
trapper
M

SW Missouri
Save the stuff and have a blow out on July 4th!

Re: Selling Equipment Question [Re: Phil Nichols] #4426396
04/10/14 10:45 PM
04/10/14 10:45 PM
OH
Eric Arnold Offline
trapper
Eric Arnold  Offline
trapper

OH
Phil,

The answer I was given by the BATF for WCT in Cleveland last year was that the devices could not be sold to another and they would need to be turned over to the ATF for proper disposal.

Not saying I agree with what they said, just that this is their position on the matter. Personally, if I was looking at selling my goose management equipment, I'd bundle it all together and sell everything as a package without getting in to details on every roll of mylar tape, portable fencing, launchers, euthanasia chamber, goose buster, coyote decoy, effigy, laser, and any other device/product I use.

It'd all be referred to as a miscellaneous group of items for roundups, audio and visual harassment of geese and it would be priced on the bigger, high dollar components (trailer, transport cages, goose busters, etc.). Whoever buys it gets everything put in the box so if some cage traps ended up in there as well, then they'd be getting those as well.

Last edited by WCT; 04/10/14 10:47 PM.

Eric Arnold
Publishing Editor W.C.T. Magazine
Editor The Fur Taker Magazine
Re: Selling Equipment Question [Re: Phil Nichols] #4426458
04/10/14 11:14 PM
04/10/14 11:14 PM
Chocowinity, NC
Phil Nichols Offline OP
trapper
Phil Nichols  Offline OP
trapper

Chocowinity, NC
Eric, or anyone else with knowledge of this travesty, help me understand what you believe to be the law. If I purchased screamers before the BATF rules, I am what:
1. grandfathered for possession and use but not for sale.
2. a criminal if I don't do some paperwork
3. no grandfathering and BATF will SWAT team my azz if someone has it in for me.
4. a tempest in a teapot.

All reading this please duly note my sarcasm. There is no reason for federal BATF involvement in what amounts to a low grade shotgun shell. Making us criminals is a travesty. I am old and cranky.

Re: Selling Equipment Question [Re: Phil Nichols] #4426533
04/11/14 12:41 AM
04/11/14 12:41 AM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Phil, if that is your real name, Screamers aren't considered explosive devices by the BATF, just Bangers. Tell your 'friend' he is in the clear.

Re: Selling Equipment Question [Re: Phil Nichols] #4426845
04/11/14 09:48 AM
04/11/14 09:48 AM
OH
Eric Arnold Offline
trapper
Eric Arnold  Offline
trapper

OH
Per the BATF, explosive devices used in animal and pest control to harass wildlife and contain flash powder are known as Explosive Pest Control Devices (EPCD). The Safe Explosive Act had restrictions on manufacturing and sales of EPCDs well before 9/11, just not as many as now.

Devices that do not contain flash powder are exempt from the ATF explosive license requirements.

Those that purchased flash powder devices under a temporary permit and still possess those items should apply for an explosive license and follow the current usage and storage regulations or surrender the devices to an BTAF agent. In other words, there is no grandfathering exception. As they are restricted products, they cannot be sold at gun shows, flea markets, or any place that is away from the premises of a Federally licensed explosive dealer and then only by an individual/company that possesses a Federal explosive dealer license.

You can read more about the current rules and regulations here: http://www.atf.gov/content/Explosives/ex...e-requirements. There has also been multiple articles on this subject printed in WCT Magazine in the Bird Basics column by Mike Taber and most recently in Jack Ammerman's Toolbox column.

Last edited by WCT; 04/11/14 09:51 AM. Reason: add into

Eric Arnold
Publishing Editor W.C.T. Magazine
Editor The Fur Taker Magazine
Re: Selling Equipment Question [Re: Phil Nichols] #4427058
04/11/14 12:59 PM
04/11/14 12:59 PM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
Why not call an expert on disposing hazardous waste? Perhaps, a Safety Kleen.

Re: Selling Equipment Question [Re: Phil Nichols] #4427784
04/11/14 09:45 PM
04/11/14 09:45 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Originally Posted By: Phil Nichols
Eric, or anyone else with knowledge of this travesty, help me understand what you believe to be the law. If I purchased screamers before the BATF rules, I am what:
3. no grandfathering and BATF will SWAT team my azz if someone has it in for me.

All reading this please duly note my sarcasm. There is no reason for federal BATF involvement in what amounts to a low grade shotgun shell. Making us criminals is a travesty. I am old and cranky.

Phil, just don't offer option 5: You can have 'em when you pry them from my cold, dead fingers. The BATFE, as in Men in Black, may find your offer acceptable...

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: Selling Equipment Question [Re: Dave Schmidt] #4431934
04/14/14 07:35 PM
04/14/14 07:35 PM
Chocowinity, NC
Phil Nichols Offline OP
trapper
Phil Nichols  Offline OP
trapper

Chocowinity, NC
Originally Posted By: Dave Schmidt
Originally Posted By: Phil Nichols

Phil, just don't offer option 5: You can have 'em when you pry them from my cold, dead fingers. The BATFE, as in Men in Black, may find your offer acceptable...

That would be the guy who showed up with an AK at the Bundy stand off in TX. "I am here to lay down my life" Noble and stupid. I however, have out grown the cold dead fingers stage. Low testosterone production has a certain effects. Reduced aggression is one of them.

Last edited by Phil Nichols; 04/14/14 07:36 PM.
Re: Selling Equipment Question [Re: Phil Nichols] #4435716
04/16/14 09:51 PM
04/16/14 09:51 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Funny!