Mira's Nuggets

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Hop to:
#463061 - 12/14/07 09:58 PM Re: The Vegan Jesus argument Theology at it's wors [Re: waspshooter]
doc9013 Offline
trapper

Loc: Franklin, W.V.
I respect everyone who observes the practices of the Old Testament, but I believe the death of Jesus on the cross made all of these practices ( such as animal sacrifice) " unecessary" , for lack of a better word . You can fast all you want, but if you don't accept Jesus Christ as the son of God and your savior, you won't go to Heaven.

#463152 - 12/14/07 10:46 PM Re: The Vegan Jesus argument Theology at it's wors [Re: doc9013]
Bigswamp Offline
trapper

Loc: South Carolina
 Originally Posted By: doc9013
I respect everyone who observes the practices of the Old Testament, but I believe the death of Jesus on the cross made all of these practices ( such as animal sacrifice) " unecessary" , for lack of a better word . You can fast all you want, but if you don't accept Jesus Christ as the son of God and your savior, you won't go to Heaven.

Yes Doc animal sacrifice was required under the old covenant, and the death of Jesus(the Christ) on the cross changed the entire system(New Covenant) from Law to Grace.I would not respect anyone performing or practicing animal sacifices,they are not required or needed under grace.To understand the New Testament, you have to understand the Old.The scores of First born Lambs sacrificed pointed to the Firstborn Son of God, Jesus the Christ, the Lamb of God, the Ultimate Sacrifice, who took away the sins of the world.
The above comments on Lent were not intended to imply salvation through fasting.
As Christians we fast,as the Word of God instructs us to do..For other reasons...Jesus said "When you fast" not "if"...
We are saved through Faith in Jesus,and he is the only way.
John 14:6 amp
6Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  tmrschessie