General Trapping Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: making a trapping shed advice anyone? [Re: DLM] #43247
01/17/07 01:07 PM
01/17/07 01:07 PM
OH - IO
D
Dtwarrow Offline
trapper
Dtwarrow  Offline
trapper
D

OH - IO
First, If I were to build a "fur shed," it would not just be a fur shed. It would have to be my workroom, storage for all outdoor activities from camping and kayaking to trapping, hunting, fishing, creating lures, butchering, skinning, building "guy stuff" like traps, decoys,... etc...
So, what do I want? Well I'd want a walk in freezer for meat. This could be for both game and store bought sides of beef or pigs..etc, so it should be close to the entrance so the wife can come in and get some steaks if she wants, without walking past any "nasty stuff" like dead skunks or what have you... It does not have to be huge, but should be able to hold up to 4 deer at a time. Then outside of that, a butchering area with gambrels, butcher block, etc... A wench to lift dead deer easily alone if needed... (can be a pulley system, not electronic)... Heat and air area a must... Tool storage and a workbench (I need to have a work in process bench too... keeping the actual workbench free for whatever I am doing right now...) Numerous vices and a grinder or two.... Tools should be close but NOT directly above or under the workbench. Parts storage, and materials can be stored beneath the workbench... in wood boxes (so I'll need some of them) or plastic bins depending on what they are... A loft area for storage of larger things like kayak, some lumber, etc... Big equipment would include but not be limited to table saw, band saw, drill press welder. I would like to have an insulated "stinky room" in the back... This would be the place to extract skunk essence or store beaver castor... etc.... it should be in the back away from the rest of the stuff, have a great vent fan and that fan needs to face AWAY from the house or anyone else's home nearby... In this room, shelves and hooks and bottles and a sink (plastic tub is fine, just running water)... I would like to be able to pull a truck in there as well, to unload a deer or fur, and to be able to work on a car or truck if it's raining as well, without it being in the cramped garage so, a "barn door" at one end is a must...
Electrical outlets all over the place, and multiple "shop lights" or spotlights on a stick as i call them... as well as florescents hanging from the rafters. I am sure there is more i have forgotten to include for now...

Life is not how many breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Re: making a trapping shed advice anyone? [Re: DLM] #43257
01/17/07 01:15 PM
01/17/07 01:15 PM
OH - IO
D
Dtwarrow Offline
trapper
Dtwarrow  Offline
trapper
D

OH - IO
First, If I were to build a "fur shed," it would not just be a fur shed. It would have to be my workroom, storage for all outdoor activities from camping and kayaking to trapping, hunting, fishing, creating lures, butchering, skinning, building "guy stuff" like traps, decoys,... etc...
So, what do I want? Well I'd want a walk in freezer for meat. This could be for both game and store bought sides of beef or pigs..etc, so it should be close to the entrance so the wife can come in and get some steaks if she wants, without walking past any "nasty stuff" like dead skunks or what have you... It does not have to be huge, but should be able to hold up to 4 deer at a time. Then outside of that, a butchering area with gambrels, butcher block, etc... A wench to lift dead deer easily alone if needed... (can be a pulley system, not electronic)... Heat and air area a must... Tool storage and a workbench (I need to have a work in process bench too... keeping the actual workbench free for whatever I am doing right now...) Numerous vices and a grinder or two.... Tools should be close but NOT directly above or under the workbench. Parts storage, and materials can be stored beneath the workbench... in wood boxes (so I'll need some of them) or plastic bins depending on what they are... A loft area for storage of larger things like kayak, some lumber, etc... Big equipment would include but not be limited to table saw, band saw, drill press welder. I would like to have an insulated "stinky room" in the back... This would be the place to extract skunk essence or store beaver castor... etc.... it should be in the back away from the rest of the stuff, have a great vent fan and that fan needs to face AWAY from the house or anyone else's home nearby... In this room, shelves and hooks and bottles and a sink (plastic tub is fine, just running water)... I would like to be able to pull a truck in there as well, to unload a deer or fur, and to be able to work on a car or truck if it's raining as well, without it being in the cramped garage so, a "barn door" at one end is a must...
Electrical outlets all over the place, and multiple "shop lights" or spotlights on a stick as i call them... as well as florescents hanging from the rafters. I am sure there is more i have forgotten to include for now...

Last edited by Dtwarrow; 01/17/07 01:22 PM.

Life is not how many breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91