ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
XL glue traps best place to buy, cold wealther #4065392
10/21/13 12:47 PM
10/21/13 12:47 PM
Tama country IA
1st RiverRat Offline OP
trapper
1st RiverRat  Offline OP
trapper

Tama country IA
Any advice on where to get those XL sized glue traps. How effective are they in colder weather in places such as attics. Thanks

Adam Utterback
Re: XL glue traps best place to buy, cold wealther [Re: 1st RiverRat] #4065509
10/21/13 01:52 PM
10/21/13 01:52 PM
Woodhull, Illinois 77
J
Jim Bethell Offline
trapper
Jim Bethell  Offline
trapper
J

Woodhull, Illinois 77
They work better in warm weather. Not sure what you are trying to catch, but the only thing I have had luck with them with is snakes and birds. Have not had good luck holding rats or squirrels. Will send you a pm with prices.

Re: XL glue traps best place to buy, cold wealther [Re: 1st RiverRat] #4066295
10/21/13 08:58 PM
10/21/13 08:58 PM
Virginia
U
USNret Offline
trapper
USNret  Offline
trapper
U

Virginia
You're probably referring to the GRB24s. Good to have a couple cases on hand during snake season. The hotter, the better for glue boards. Not worth much when the temps drop. I'm fortunate to have both Residex and Target Specialty Products (formerly Erlich Distribution) within 30 minutes of my office. Both are sizable pest control supply companies and they carry many products we use. If they weren't so close I'd get all my supplies from WCS.

Re: XL glue traps best place to buy, cold wealther [Re: 1st RiverRat] #4066548
10/21/13 09:56 PM
10/21/13 09:56 PM
North Branch MN
L
Lundy Offline
trapper
Lundy  Offline
trapper
L

North Branch MN
They make a Cold Weather glue board for use in coolers.

I'm anti glue boards. I believe in exclusion.

Re: XL glue traps best place to buy, cold wealther [Re: 1st RiverRat] #4066671
10/21/13 10:32 PM
10/21/13 10:32 PM
Tama country IA
1st RiverRat Offline OP
trapper
1st RiverRat  Offline OP
trapper

Tama country IA
I do as well however you have to catch whats left inside when you done sealing up the place.

Adam Utterback
Re: XL glue traps best place to buy, cold wealther [Re: 1st RiverRat] #4066705
10/21/13 10:46 PM
10/21/13 10:46 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
WCS sells a cold weather glue trap. I like jime have caught snakes and birds I don't think it would hold a squirrel. I have bought a gallon of glue and WCS sells that also and caught squirrels making it approximately 1/4 inch deep. I don't know if they make the bulk glue for cold weather.

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: XL glue traps best place to buy, cold wealther [Re: 1st RiverRat] #4066717
10/21/13 10:49 PM
10/21/13 10:49 PM
Tama country IA
1st RiverRat Offline OP
trapper
1st RiverRat  Offline OP
trapper

Tama country IA
I have seen the cold weather traps. I have also used the glue by the gallon. A real headache that is. I use glue for alot of stuff. Mainly looking for a cheap multi mouse trap. Too many customers are running off with mine and its a pain to track them back down or get paid for them.

Adam Utterback
Re: XL glue traps best place to buy, cold wealther [Re: 1st RiverRat] #4067405
10/22/13 11:59 AM
10/22/13 11:59 AM
southwest, VA
andyva Offline
trapper
andyva  Offline
trapper

southwest, VA
I'm thinking about getting some glue by the gallon and pouring it down some short sections of black corrugated drain tile. Then I'm going to tape a piece of cardboard over the ends. A small hole in the cardboard would make it an attractive spot for a mouse and I'm going to try some in some vole runs and see how they do. But I might give up when I find out how messy it is.

Re: XL glue traps best place to buy, cold wealther [Re: 1st RiverRat] #4068024
10/22/13 06:02 PM
10/22/13 06:02 PM
Woodhull, Illinois 77
J
Jim Bethell Offline
trapper
Jim Bethell  Offline
trapper
J

Woodhull, Illinois 77
The tile would be a one time use. Would not get it cleaned up to use again. When I put down glue boards, I charge for the boards I put down. Don't have to go looking for them. Would work well for muli mouse catch. Mice will climb over each other to get to the center/clear area,

Re: XL glue traps best place to buy, cold wealther [Re: 1st RiverRat] #4068848
10/22/13 11:57 PM
10/22/13 11:57 PM
North Branch MN
L
Lundy Offline
trapper
Lundy  Offline
trapper
L

North Branch MN
Traps for the one's caught inside. The most I ever caught, in 13 years, was six Mice. Usually one or two. Mice are territorial. With perfect conditions; food, water and shelter, a Mouse can live in a ten square foot area. You have Alpha's and Beta's. Alpha's control the best spot. Beta's take what is left. Mice make cache's of food. If they see a predator at a food pile, they move on, to another pile. Beta's steal from the Alpha piles and make their own piles further away. When the Alpha dies, the Beta takes over his space.
Pregnant Momma is #1 Alpha. When she weans her young, they become Beta's, and have to move out. Mice leave a scent trail where they frequently move. Pee, body oils, etc. are left along runways, at tight spots and entry points. You can often see the brownish residue along block or other coarse surfaces.
I have found pellet bait in countless areas of houses. I don't use pellets, EVER!
I had a job where my supervisor put block bait stations inside a Pole shed at one of my accounts. I reamed him a new one! The customer had very expensive Motorcycles and Cars in there. He was adamant about NO Mice inside ever! The account was an every other month service. I got injured and missed one service, so my supervisor did the service. The Pole shed was four years old and had NEVER had a Mouse in it. The Customer had found three Mice since the Bait was installed. First thing I did was remove the bait.
I have ton's of stories on weird entry point's I have found. There is a large Company that specializes in making Glue and glueboards. IMHO glue is ONLY good for Insects. Snap traps kill them right there. Placed properly, 90 degrees to the wall, you can replace the trap, with the Mouse in it, and tell which way he was travelling. Two traps, one foot apart, on opposite walls of a corner, will show you where to look outside for an entry point. After a while, you learn how, to inspect the outside better.
IMHO, tracking powder, bait and glueboards are the Lazy way to try to fix a problem. I have used Tracking powder, Liquitox and Bait. On a Grain Farm operation where exclusion was not practical or possible.
I realize many won't agree with me. I know if you really think about it I am 99% right. There are some situations that need Poison to knock down the population. End of rant.

Re: XL glue traps best place to buy, cold wealther [Re: 1st RiverRat] #4068875
10/23/13 12:23 AM
10/23/13 12:23 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Lundy, we've had good success with the block baits by Bell Labs but the new soft bait ( I think it's from Liphatech ) is really getting gobbled up. I like the bait stations because we keep them filled after the snow flies and they keep working all winter. I certainly agree with the pellet thing. Some houses will have a pile of pellets in nearly every corner of every room.

Re: XL glue traps best place to buy, cold wealther [Re: 1st RiverRat] #4080604
10/28/13 08:13 PM
10/28/13 08:13 PM
Virginia
U
USNret Offline
trapper
USNret  Offline
trapper
U

Virginia
My glue boards don't get left behind. I use mine to contain snakes as I crawl out of the crawlspace/attic. They're dropped into the nest and on either side of the nest when the juvenile squirrels scatter around the attic. It only takes about 20 minutes of quiet and they're all headed back, getting caught on the boards. I use them to retrieve critters from the bottom of interior walls, or when I've got a runner in the house that won't hide in one of my covered cages set along the wall. Everything gets removed and caged within minutes of getting caught.

Re: XL glue traps best place to buy, cold wealther [Re: 1st RiverRat] #4081100
10/28/13 10:29 PM
10/28/13 10:29 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I always seem to have two glue boards stuck on each hand which really causes problems when I have to blow my nose.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread