ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: So How Is The Shutdown Affecting You? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4039218
10/07/13 09:00 AM
10/07/13 09:00 AM
CT
R
RF Wildlife Offline
trapper
RF Wildlife  Offline
trapper
R

CT
Team Obama and the Democrats are trying to make this hurt as much as possible. They have even shut down the amber alert web site... ambe ralert

Harry Reid the man who tried to pass the last batch of gun control laws saying if it only saves one child, is against funding cancer research for children http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/02/why-would-want-to-do-that/

Muddawg the reason it is a part of the budget is because the Democrats could not get it passed without using parlor tricks.... If they tried to pass the ACA the proper way we would not be in this mess.... I am not a fan of the GOP to many progressives, but the Democrats should take 100% blame for this mess. The House has passed all sorts of budgets in the past 5 years. Not one has come out of the Senate.

Re: So How Is The Shutdown Affecting You? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4039300
10/07/13 09:57 AM
10/07/13 09:57 AM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: So How Is The Shutdown Affecting You? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4039839
10/07/13 04:08 PM
10/07/13 04:08 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
So what is this magical transformation that takes place when you become a Senator? Herb Kohl was my first boss and like every other employee at the time, he hired me personally. He was one of the most intelligent people I have ever met.

When he ran for the Senate, I thought he was perfect for the job. You couldn't buy him because he already owned everything. You couldn't count on him to go along with the rest of the Liberals because he was a Jewish businessman. What a huge disappointment!

With all the years the man spent in Washington, I cannot tell you one thing he ever did for anybody with his name on it. Apparently being elected to a seat in the Senate means you have retired!

Re: So How Is The Shutdown Affecting You? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4048872
10/12/13 02:55 PM
10/12/13 02:55 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Robb, you've made my point perfectly! As the masthead clearly states, politics are prohibited here, so that's all I have to say about that...

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: So How Is The Shutdown Affecting You? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4048933
10/12/13 03:52 PM
10/12/13 03:52 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
trapper
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Dave, politics for the sake of arguing politics is just a little bit different than what my post asked for. ( However, I got carried away as usual with my last post, for which I apologize )

P.S. I'm sure I've said this a number of times before: Politics does not enter into our business in any way, shape, or form. Our job is to take care of your problem and we really don't care about your color, religion, race, sex, or anything else. ( If however, I am your technician and you just happen to be a very good-looking young lady, please don't report me for being extra nice )

Re: So How Is The Shutdown Affecting You? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4049032
10/12/13 05:30 PM
10/12/13 05:30 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Well my glad to see its not my duck hunting dragging down the goverment thanks DU and wildlife guys I bet your most happy on this

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Reopens Waterfowl Production Areas
SIGN IN    PRINT    AAA
Due to the ongoing lapse in Congressional appropriations, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service made the decision to close all facilities and lands to public use.  The closure comes at an extremely difficult time with hunting seasons just underway, fall migratory bird migrations at their peak, and hundreds of communities forced to cancel events as part of National Wildlife Refuge Week.  With approximately 78 percent of its employees furloughed, we determined it would be difficult for the remaining, non-furloughed workforce to ensure the safety of facilities, lands, and resources, in a manner that incurs no further financial obligation to the U.S. Government.

Despite limited staffing, the Service has undertaken an assessment to determine what, if any, potential exists to open lands to public use consistent with our obligations under the government-wide shutdown.  It has been determined that allowing public access to Waterfowl Production Areas (WPAs) will not incur further government expenditure or obligation and is allowable under a government shutdown.  Therefore, effective immediately, all WPAs will reopen to public use.

As the shutdown continues, if the Service determines that maintaining the WPAs in open status, individually or cumulatively, would likely cause Service expenditures or obligations to be made in violation of the Anti-Deficiency Act, the Service will close public access.

Additional information about the Service’s efforts to support conservation on national wildlife refuges can be found at http://www.fws.gov/ which will be operational after the shutdown ends.  Shutdown-related information continues to be available at www.DOI.gov/shutdown.

The mission of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is working with others to conserve, protect and enhance fish, wildlife, plants and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people. We are both a leader and trusted partner in fish and wildlife conservation, known for our scientific excellence, stewardship of lands and natural resources, dedicated professionals and commitment to public service.

703-358-2521
bruce_decker@fws.gov

Last edited by Peskycritter; 10/12/13 05:30 PM.

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: So How Is The Shutdown Affecting You? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4049164
10/12/13 07:25 PM
10/12/13 07:25 PM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

There sure are a lot of US GOVT web sites that used to work great and now point at a special web page that says the site is shutdown and it's really not shutdown or it would not be there!.

Then there are sites like healthcare.gov that they left up online and should of never been online in the first place.
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/10/11/ad...v-this-weekend/

I am starting to think the NPS works harder when they shutdown then any other time of the year!

If you are vising our parks & memorials . Remember to bring your own water because the NPS removed all the water handles.

http://rare.us/story/spiteful-nps-removes-handles-from-water-sources/

Re: So How Is The Shutdown Affecting You? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4056010
10/16/13 10:18 AM
10/16/13 10:18 AM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Writing this I am hopeful this thing called a shut down will be soon behind all of us within the next 24 hours?

I learned one thing about a new profession I never considered before the "barricade installer".

All my life I looked for jobs with survivability in hard times and I never would of dreamed one of the most essential jobs in the world would not be in the medical field or having access to food but as a barricade installer.

God Bless THE USA

Re: So How Is The Shutdown Affecting You? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4056159
10/16/13 11:55 AM
10/16/13 11:55 AM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Thats a good one Robb! I always thought as I see one of the franchises in Santa Fe as I roll through that the dog pooper scooper business model was the one that would always "provide."

In hard times and not that dog is still going to poop in your back yard and I think once you've paid someone to take care of it for so long, your likely not going to stop!

smile

Re: So How Is The Shutdown Affecting You? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4056459
10/16/13 02:39 PM
10/16/13 02:39 PM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
read in the paper that the local brewery is idle because of federal shutdown,,,,,,,Now this could be a problem......

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale,,,,,,May special,,, Act Now... Free Sock with every purchase
Re: So How Is The Shutdown Affecting You? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4056807
10/16/13 05:57 PM
10/16/13 05:57 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
trapper
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Vinke, I guess our federal workers see things differently. Since they have nothing else to do, sitting at the bar with their co-workers is the only thing left. ( They don't have any money, so they just run up a tab. Well they're government workers; what do you expect? )

Re: So How Is The Shutdown Affecting You? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4058930
10/17/13 05:34 PM
10/17/13 05:34 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
trapper
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Okay, the shutdown's over. Everybody back to work. ( Until 2014, which happens to be next year )

Re: So How Is The Shutdown Affecting You? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4059162
10/17/13 07:33 PM
10/17/13 07:33 PM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Some how I wonder if it will all be dejavu in 90 days again.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread