ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: You just can't please everyone... [Re: SteveAlbano] #3973128
08/30/13 08:07 AM
08/30/13 08:07 AM
kent county, MI
B
bluebill Offline
trapper
bluebill  Offline
trapper
B

kent county, MI
Originally Posted By: SteveAlban
OK guys, here's another one that just came in....

Quote:
Just received the traps today 8-29-13

couldn`t wait to try them out

I put them in dirt and wash my hands in the dirt to get rid of my scent

I was watching this guy from england who suggested about putting moth balls in front of the trap

So I`am going to trt it and see if what he said is true

he said the mole dosen`t like the scent of the mothball and will try to push it out

guess I`ll find out just set 4 traps two in the tunnels faceing both ways

time will tell

If this dose not work with the moth balls I`ll let you know

thanks for the fast shippment

C

This clears up a lot for me. I have customers throw mothballs all around my traps after I leave all the time. Never thaought that the animals would go into the trap to remove them. LOL

Re: You just can't please everyone... [Re: SteveAlbano] #3973350
08/30/13 11:44 AM
08/30/13 11:44 AM
Redwood City,California
S
SteveAlbano Offline OP
trapper
SteveAlbano  Offline OP
trapper
S

Redwood City,California
Quote:
If this dose not work with the moth balls I`ll let you know

So far I haven't heard from him, so it must have worked.

But seriously, you're going to put a noxious smelling physical barrier IN FRONT of the trap? And that's going to help?

Re: You just can't please everyone... [Re: SteveAlbano] #3973684
08/30/13 03:58 PM
08/30/13 03:58 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Hey, hey, hey, Steve, that obnoxious smelling barrier is how most of us caught our wives!

Re: You just can't please everyone... [Re: SteveAlbano] #3977543
09/01/13 06:51 PM
09/01/13 06:51 PM
SWEET HOME OREGON
W
willvalley Offline
trapper
willvalley  Offline
trapper
W

SWEET HOME OREGON
The set guns TRapper mentioned are legal here. If the proposed trapping ban passes next year they will be about the only good mole removal tool we will have. They work great, on gophers also, but are a bit of a liability. They are only legal out side of city limits as most have ordinances banning the discharge of a firearm and that is what they are.
There was an older fellow setting one in a near here last year and shot himself with it. Twas a good thing he was only using a 410 tube on his.
They are large and heavy. You need to dig a rather large hole to set two which are needed as with Steve's trap. They do not miss though. One farmer I know uses 12 blanks, starting gun ammo, and kills every mole that sets his guns off. Still a big liability if some one messes with is and shots themselves.
Steve will always get good feed back from me. His traps excel on the Coastal mole we have here. They will take the Townsend but a lot of times are a bit to small. OOS and Trapline traps are the only way to go but that is only my opinion.
If Steve could make a trap that was a bit larger but not quite as big as his gopher trap I would buy a bunch more Trapline traps for sure.
Ted Weis grin
P.S.
Had a woman walk into a field I was working a couple of days ago and tell me about he Juicy Fruit deal. I told her I would not get paid much if I did it that way and showed her how the OOS made sure I could get paid for my work.

Last edited by willvalley; 09/01/13 06:51 PM.

FROM MY DEAD HANDS
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread