ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: One thing you wish you didn't do (when starting up [Re: HD_Wildlife] #3622526
02/07/13 11:09 PM
02/07/13 11:09 PM
Central IA
TRapper Offline
trapper
TRapper  Offline
trapper

Central IA
great great post, was in for 8 years and now out for 2, this year will be returning back into it but in a different location, no longer in sw missouri. Some of those mentioned i had to learn the hard way, going back into it helps me know what equipment i used alot of and what equipment i never used, so initial equipment expenses won't be near as bad. My spouse has to be all in with me in order for business to be successful, she can still work but she also has a say in what is happening.

probably biggest mistake i made was to buy BIG things right away and put the business in debt to start off with.

Starting too fast was another without being ready for the workload.

Another big mistake i made was thinking all the work i was doing was good enough for a workout and not taking the time to have an actual work out scheduled in. now i go hard in the a.m. playing bball for an hour with friends, lifting weights, etc. so my body is used to the physical labor in cold and heat

Last edited by TRapper; 02/07/13 11:10 PM.
Re: One thing you wish you didn't do (when starting up [Re: HD_Wildlife] #3624499
02/08/13 07:54 PM
02/08/13 07:54 PM
shirley,long island New york
R
rockintheocean Offline
trapper
rockintheocean  Offline
trapper
R

shirley,long island New york
I have been learning not to make mistakes through this forum.My wife did point out one mistake that I do make often ,thats not saying no to certian jobs.I just can't say no.

Re: One thing you wish you didn't do (when starting up [Re: HD_Wildlife] #3626415
02/09/13 05:25 PM
02/09/13 05:25 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
rockin, I know where you wife is coming from. When you get a job that sucks, and she told you so; she's the one that has to hear about it. I've been there and I've certainly done that. ( To my wife )

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread