ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: More Regulation? [Re: Mike Flick] #3302183
09/02/12 12:40 AM
09/02/12 12:40 AM
1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
M
Mike Flick Offline OP
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline OP
trapper
M

That's a fact Paul, as a matter of fact, the trappers assn in Wisconsin represents the ADC industry already. I would just like to see it represented more at training and Rondes. I've never seen the one way door, or any bat exclusion methods shown there. Although we do have a strong trappers assn., It's always the same 4-5 people who do all the work setting these things up, It just doesn't seem fair to me. All a guy has to do is show up and ask how he can help and he can bar tend, set up tables, lots of stuff. I guess I'm gona have to listen to my own words and make time like the others this year.Now there will be 5-6

Re: More Regulation? [Re: warrior] #3302651
09/02/12 01:42 PM
09/02/12 01:42 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Originally Posted By: warrior
The main thing is that PCOs as a state regulated industry can defer all industry assaults directly to the state and the state will have to defend it's position. We as NWCOs are singly vunerable and without regulation or in my example a board of oversight are completely open to the whims of the legislature.

David, that's a good point! If no better argument exists for state oversight (and I am NOT necessarily supporting it), the idea that the bureaucrats would have to defend their laws sounds pretty good. BTW, in Missouri we have NO permit, license or registration required to do WCO work.
Anybody - and I do mean anybody - with a pickup and a coupla traps can call himself a WCO.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: More Regulation? [Re: Mike Flick] #3302769
09/02/12 03:36 PM
09/02/12 03:36 PM
M
Mike Flick Offline OP
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline OP
trapper
M

So, Dave, are you saying that an ADC guy doesn't need a trapping license to set those traps?

Re: More Regulation? [Re: Mike Flick] #3302787
09/02/12 03:50 PM
09/02/12 03:50 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
One thing that keeps popping up in replies, state and local. Absofriggenlutley this should be a local issue and I can only speak to the specifics of my own state. I could care less what happens to the rest of you, wink. Seriously I do but it ain't none of my [Please excuse my language... I'm an idiot] business who, how or what you do. If you want it and ask for it I will go to the mat for almost all of you but ultimately we each have to fight our own fights on our own hometurfs. So let each of our states do their own thing and let see what shakes out as good and what doesn't.

[Linked Image]
Re: More Regulation? [Re: Mike Flick] #3302799
09/02/12 04:10 PM
09/02/12 04:10 PM
M
Mike Flick Offline OP
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline OP
trapper
M

http://mdc.mo.gov/hunting-trapping/trapping It looks like they have a real nice site Dave.

Re: More Regulation? [Re: Mike Flick] #3308321
09/05/12 11:05 PM
09/05/12 11:05 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
"at any time and without permit" IF there is damage done by the wildlife. Otherwise it's fur harvesting and, of course, requires a trapping license.
You'd be surprised at the number of calls we get along the lines of "there's a coyote running around in back of my property. Can you remove him?" Uh, no. He's just a coyote, doing what coyotes do. Don't let your three-pound dog out there, or your cat.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread