ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Hop to:
#3203805 - 06/28/12 09:46 AM Re: summer coyote trapping [Re: The Trapster]
Barehunter Offline
trapper

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: The Trapster
Lt. your over your limit on PMS.Tried callin left ya a message Sorry didnt mean to interupt this thread.

LT has PMS???

#3204165 - 06/28/12 01:40 PM Re: summer coyote trapping [Re: Coyote Joe]
LT GREY Offline
trapper

Loc: Central Ohio
up to 90 a day !

Stalker, I am not insulting you personally...please don't feel I am.

That said, trappers who kill coyotes in hot temps( the south and western states) year round DO NOT give human scent, and yes that's body odor , sweat, etc. a 2nd thought !
You can only keep so @#$% clean is 90-100 degree heat..it's just a FACT!
You can't NOT keep from sweatting when you're putting in a set in the blazing sun...

Wearing rubber gloves and all that crap, is a joke...it isn't needed. and MOST professional coyote trappers who do it year in and year out, YEAR ROUND, DO NOT wrap themselves in rubber.
Human sweat will evaporate in those temps...now just because you want to take all those precautions, well that's you...You obviously believe you have or need to.

To put yourself into that BRAINWASHED mentality, limits you..and when you're limited, well..... smirk

I'm telling you a GOOD professional ADC coyote man, and I'll add myself to that list, can come up there, with a light pair of leather or canvas gloves, light leather work boots and trap circles around anyone going through all that 'scent control'...because they aren't taking time to worry about every little thing...they'll be too busy killing coyotes !

#3204278 - 06/28/12 02:54 PM Re: summer coyote trapping [Re: Coyote Joe]
Barehunter Offline
trapper

Loc: Georgia
I thought PMS came only once a month!

#3204367 - 06/28/12 03:52 PM Re: summer coyote trapping [Re: Coyote Joe]
LT GREY Offline
trapper

PMS OK.... laugh Pm's !

#3204542 - 06/28/12 06:03 PM Re: summer coyote trapping [Re: Coyote Joe]
Brushblend Offline
trapper

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
LT, everyone has their own preferred trapping methods. In hot conditions I have always felt scent precautions helped my success. In colder weather I too, only wear light cloth gloves when contamination is not as much of an issue. My original intent was to give coyote Joe some hints. I had no desire to get into a raging debate. I respect your ADC prowess but I also believe no single trapping methodology applies to all coyotes in all parts of the continent. The human scent factor and how it affects canine trapping may make a great future thread! Cheers.

#3205043 - 06/28/12 11:20 PM Re: summer coyote trapping [Re: Coyote Joe]
ccary Offline
trapper

Loc: tennessee
and yet, no one but me likes turds and leather gloves! lol

#3205162 - 06/29/12 07:04 AM Re: summer coyote trapping [Re: Coyote Joe]
LT GREY Offline
trapper

laugh What dropping teach us down on the Trapping Only forum, will prove otherwise.
I found a coyote dropping the other day I brought home to show a friend of mine...it was almost a foot in length. grin

#3205167 - 06/29/12 07:12 AM Re: summer coyote trapping [Re: Coyote Joe]
ccary Offline
trapper

Loc: tennessee
laugh

#3205315 - 06/29/12 09:41 AM Re: summer coyote trapping [Re: Coyote Joe]
andyva Offline
trapper

Loc: southwest, VA
If I tried to wear rubber anything right now, I would have a heat stroke before I got a coyote trap bedded the way a coyote trap needs to be bedded. I try to go as near naked as possible, that way they won't smell my sweat, they will smell my chiggers and ticks sweat.

I do best with a tinctured gland lure or just urine, on a porous post. Turds are great, spongy wood, anything to keep that sun from beating down on it and protect it from big thunderstorms. Anything that is not liquid soaked into something, (bait, paste, lure,etc.) will be carried off by ants, before sundown.

My favorite is the T-bone set, cow vertebrae with wool shoved into the spinal cord, pointy end stuck in the ground. Use whatever attractant you like on the wool, (urine, diesel, tobacco spit, some work better than others) Use a good backing, and some gentle guiding, or a coyote will walk up to the back side and pull your t-bone up and walk away with it.

#3206334 - 06/29/12 11:31 PM Re: summer coyote trapping [Re: Coyote Joe]
Brushblend Offline
trapper

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
LT and Forrest. I forgive your trespasses against me, however, woe be to you for you will fail to achieve perfection, and if you examine your collective consciences you will realize this is true!
Coyote Joe, best of luck to you! That urine post suggestion is the answer to your problem - eh?!

#3206352 - 06/29/12 11:55 PM Re: summer coyote trapping [Re: Coyote Joe]
Caleb Matthews Offline
trapper

Loc: Arkansas SE
Coyote Stalker do rely on trapping year around as a 100% source of your income?

http://calebmatthewslures.blogspot.com/

#3207425 - 06/30/12 09:03 PM Re: summer coyote trapping [Re: Coyote Joe]
LT GREY Offline
trapper

shocked

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2