ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Why not to do honeybee removal. #3157591
05/13/12 12:20 PM
05/13/12 12:20 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
This was waiting in my in box this morning.

Hi,
I found you on the internet, seeking recommendations you might have to assist me in getting rid of honey bees in my basement. I live in Stockbridge.
About 2 weeks ago, I was mowing the lawn and saw "bees" entering on the back side of the house, concrete wall, 2 holes. I sprayed hornet/wasp killing stuff on the area. Two days later, I went into my basement, and their were a huge amount of these bees on the basement window, with a lot dead on the sill and workbench.
My neighbor came over and said they were honey bees. He went to XXX XXXXX Blvd, down the end of my street, where a bee keeper lives. He came to my house, with my neighbor, and said they were his bees, stating they were Italian Honey Bees.He believed about 10,000 were already dead as he swept them up. I don't know if the queen is still active or not. He was to come back the next day to smoke them out, never came.
I then called, A.C.E. LLC who came out, put some killing chemical in the walls etc. They have been dying, but, they came out again, this week on Monday, did another treatment in the walls and caulked the outside holes. Tonight, Thursday, I went down stairs and their is a few buzzing on the window again. A.C.E. LLC is coming back again on Monday. They are behind the drywall, that is in front of the concrete wall, 4" space.
Do I need to remove the drywall? Do you think a cone is behind the wall? I have paid $300.00 already and they are going to charge me additional $250.00 to just remove the shelf and 2 sheets of drywall. This is beginning to get costly. ACE LLC guy has been out 3 times already. I need this resolve. I am a widow and don't know much about this problem. I have lived in my house 13 years and this is the first time this has ever occurred.
Also, I am the second house in my neighborhood that this company has been at for these bees and the bee keeper has done nothing about. Any suggestions?
I appreciate your feedback.

[Linked Image]
Re: Why not to do honeybee removal. [Re: warrior] #3157660
05/13/12 01:19 PM
05/13/12 01:19 PM
West, Mi
W
wiggler Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
wiggler  Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
W

West, Mi
and???? were all waiting for your answer! whistle

Re: Why not to do honeybee removal. [Re: warrior] #3157669
05/13/12 01:38 PM
05/13/12 01:38 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Well there is not much I can do to help at this point. At this point it would be a mop up operation and the bees would be worthless to me (remember I am a beekeeper as well who will make money on the front end with removal and on the back end with honey production or sales of live bees) as dead and dying bees make me no money. I do have a reply out to her her for her to contact me to see if there is anything I can do to help, though.
Basically she has been screwed by both the neighbor beekeeper (never ever claim that they are your bees, can you say lawsuit, besides outside of a marked queen how would he know), and especially by ACE. I've poisoned bees and specifically trained the guys at ACE how to do it. Unfortunately, between the animosity between us and the turnover they will always have the right way is no longer being practiced. I never could convince them that there is a better way and if my name were mentioned today it would cause someone to get fired. I am hated by the owner of that outfit.
I won't go into how to properly poison bees as that is no longer an option for me nor will I ever advise it again. Suffice it to say there should never ever be any reason for a second or third trip and if so additional fees should never be incurred since the second trip is a direct result of failure to do it right the first time. In the words of Mr Nail the owner of that outfit "UNBELIEVABLE".
All I can say is that I will do my dead level best to see that this practice is stopped and a copy of this email will be making the appropriate rounds.

[Linked Image]
Re: Why not to do honeybee removal. [Re: warrior] #3157682
05/13/12 01:55 PM
05/13/12 01:55 PM
southwest, VA
andyva Offline
trapper
andyva  Offline
trapper

southwest, VA
Tell her that chemical resistance is a sure sign of Africanized bees, and she will have to pay you extra, and her only other alternative is to fill her basement completely full of ping pong balls,(because of the static electricity from ping pong balls, of course!)

Seriously, that sounds like a bad situation for everyone involved, or that might become involved.

Re: Why not to do honeybee removal. [Re: warrior] #3157745
05/13/12 02:51 PM
05/13/12 02:51 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Rick, they were taught to do it right. I know because I taught them. Now because of their screw the tech/teach them to catch a squirrel and turn them loose attitude none of the techs I trained are with them anymore. They have all, like me, got tired of getting screwed and left. My replacement as manager and trainer is nothing more or less than a con man without the sense to pour [Please excuse my language... I'm an idiot] out of a boot with the instructions printed on the heel. Seriously, give them a call sometime and you will talk to a Clemson trained wildlife biologist who will state that "histocapsulatum" (his exact quote) is rampant and every attic that has ever had a bat in it is contaminated with the stuff, but thinks a painters mask is sufficient protection for his techs. Not only that but he can not ID snakes and knows more ways to skin a client than I can to think about. Hence the charge for every site visit. I also can provide his testimony that a duke #11 exceeds the maximum jaw spread in Georgia and is an illegal trap for use.
BTW, he played football at Clemson and graduated with a wildlife biology degree, go figure.

[Linked Image]
Re: Why not to do honeybee removal. [Re: warrior] #3157989
05/13/12 07:45 PM
05/13/12 07:45 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Thank you for responding to me. My friend, took down the drywall and found 3 cones. He removed them for me. He cleaned up all the dead honey bees, He began caulking interior and exterior of my home for me also. I have no bees now. I will be contacting the owner of ACE LLC, not happy at all. I called the representative who came out to my home prior, and did cancel. I will keep your name and number for future reference.

Her response.

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread