ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: I need some help from you boys [Re: Jonesie] #3160694
05/15/12 09:56 PM
05/15/12 09:56 PM
Nashville, MI.
M
Mike S. Offline
trapper
Mike S.  Offline
trapper
M

Nashville, MI.
I had one screamming at me one day while I was bowhunting. It didnt work out too well for him!

Re: I need some help from you boys [Re: Jonesie] #3160712
05/15/12 10:10 PM
05/15/12 10:10 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline OP
trapper
Jonesie  Offline OP
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
Mike the vocal I am referring to is not the whistle. I see I messed up typing up there. the vocal I gave was a young alarm type chirp.they will do a few in a row they are short notes. I do it by placing my palm of my hand on my lips and kiss out the side. similar to how I do my young grey squirrel sounds but much less pressure shorter in note and lower just a touch in tone. the sound I am referring to here only works when the young are under her care. as soon as they are more or less on their own, she could care less meaning mom. the other sounds the hogs make will get them looking. I must say here it was Darcy that got me really looking into the hog sounds last summer. the whistle I use when I am stalking hogs to shoot. I just give a hard short 2 finger wit. they will stand up for a split second before they bolt. the 12 ga has to speak fast.

pesky that was a alarm chirp of a adult. the whistle is alot louder and more shrill with a little longer note many time they will end the whistle with a 2 or 3 chirp then take off like their pants are on fire and I have to change mine. lol

they make the other sound I don't know what to call it I can do it some what, when they jump at you in the cage. then pups was doing that to me today on the job I was talking about. it does not seem to do anything but scare the other hogs.

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: I need some help from you boys [Re: Jonesie] #3160721
05/15/12 10:13 PM
05/15/12 10:13 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Why don't you post a video of you hog call . That would be sweet .

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: I need some help from you boys [Re: Jonesie] #3160792
05/15/12 10:55 PM
05/15/12 10:55 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline OP
trapper
Jonesie  Offline OP
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
sqirrels and coons are easeir to call than hogs. lol but who has a camera on them when you see the opertunity call them. your young will be poping out there in the next couple weeks just get up next to the den kiss your hand short chirps.

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread