ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#3142850 - 05/01/12 03:20 PM Shirts/uniforms question
PAFOXTRAPPER55 Offline
trapper

Loc: Pa
Hey all, just wondering what your everyday work get up is? Anyone have any cool shirts or logos they've come up with?

#3142962 - 05/01/12 04:38 PM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: PAFOXTRAPPER55]
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper

Loc: mequon, wisconsin
Sorry, nothing cool. We buy your shirts from Aramark because they wear like iron and have a local printing company put the name of our company above the pocket. Nothing fancy.

I, on the other hand, can be seen wearing Packer apparel in season and lots of crazy stuff the rest of the year. ( Of course, no one in the company will admit to knowing me )

#3143069 - 05/01/12 06:14 PM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: PAFOXTRAPPER55]
330-Trapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Minnesota
GO Pack!!! grin

#3143240 - 05/01/12 07:56 PM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: PAFOXTRAPPER55]
warrior Online   content
trapper

Loc: Georgia
Does a kilt count?

#3143533 - 05/01/12 10:12 PM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: PAFOXTRAPPER55]
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper

Loc: St. Louis area
I like shirts with lots of pockets. I have my business patch, a CWCP patch and an ACP patch. Don't ever wear a t-shirt!

#3143562 - 05/01/12 10:29 PM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: PAFOXTRAPPER55]
Peskycritter Offline
trapper

Loc: south east michigan
Camo mostly . Some times fishing shirts too . Tried the unform thing people just look at you like your a door to door sales man . Funny how poeple lose trust when your all prity boy salesman looking . Lady's did like it ,only the non customers . I like to dress like a born killer I guess . Hand gun strapped to your chest is a nice touch ,it's nice to live in a open carry state

Free Trapper

#3143576 - 05/01/12 10:38 PM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: PAFOXTRAPPER55]
1st RiverRat Offline
trapper

Loc: Tama country IA
Originally Posted By: Peskycritter
I like to dress like a born killer I guess . Hand gun strapped to your chest is a nice touch ,it's nice to live in a open carry state

crazy I am as Pro gun as you will ever find , even started teaching the classes BUT a gun on my chest as I enter a home is NOT something you will find me doing.

#3143582 - 05/01/12 10:43 PM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: PAFOXTRAPPER55]
warrior Online   content
trapper

And they talk about us good old boys from Alabama, WOW!

#3143587 - 05/01/12 10:47 PM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: PAFOXTRAPPER55]
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper

Loc: St. Louis area
On the contrary, Pesky; dressing and acting as a professional (Look it up in your diction- oh, never mind!) will get referrals and repeat work with the right kind of customers. Camo and the macho bit will get you zero respectability. This is not my opinion, but a well-proven fact.

#3143601 - 05/01/12 10:54 PM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: PAFOXTRAPPER55]
warrior Online   content
trapper

People lose trust when they lose trust by your actions not how your dressed. I've had a real eye opener since I started wearing highland attire (read that to be a tradtional tartan kilt, kilt pin, kilt hose and garters, brogues, sporran, sgian dubh and bonnet) at least three times a week. I have not lost a client and to be honest the conversations it has started have been great.
Now that said, it does not mean to show up dressed like farmer Bob just off the back forty or fresh from cleaning the stalls. Dress like a professional would in your particular market and for the task at hand.
My personal pet peeve is the camo. If you specialize in predator control or are a sharpshooter then by all means camo would be a job appropriate uniform, but for the vast majority of what we do it is not needed.

#3143613 - 05/01/12 11:06 PM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: PAFOXTRAPPER55]
Peskycritter Offline
trapper

You get respect by getting the job done and not charging a arm and a leg . Fixing the problem so it doesn't come back . That's how you get referrals . I have whole subs , family's , people call up is this Ryan , that's respect , dress like your selling cars that's what . Now a sharp looking truck is a must. That's what people look at what your driving , if your all dirty that's good because you should be because your out working . I like the dirty born killer look when selling bat jobs , the no need to talk much about it look , like lets get this done look , not like I'm a golfer or something look . But that's me so please keep your I'm a golfer look I think that's great

Free Trapper

#3143623 - 05/01/12 11:12 PM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: 1st RiverRat]
Peskycritter Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: 1st RiverRat
Originally Posted By: Peskycritter
I like to dress like a born killer I guess . Hand gun strapped to your chest is a nice touch ,it's nice to live in a open carry state

crazy I am as Pro gun as you will ever find , even started teaching the classes BUT a gun on my chest as I enter a home is NOT something you will find me doing.
well are you working in the murder capital of the world , we even have fire bombings now. I would surly never want to use it so I show it , its really no big deal even the little old lady's have 380s up here .

Free Trapper

#3143624 - 05/01/12 11:13 PM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: PAFOXTRAPPER55]
warrior Online   content
trapper

Pesky, please don't take this the wrong way but in my area if you were to show up in camo in the better neighborhoods (I'm not talking camo trim like a nice clean logoed ball cap but full backwoods deer hunter camo) you will get a very polite but firm brush off.
Oh, and my truck is dirty.

#3143633 - 05/01/12 11:20 PM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: PAFOXTRAPPER55]
warrior Online   content
trapper

Alot of my clients are really hesitant and have barely resigned themselves to the posibility of doing harm to an animal and if I showed up looking like I was seeking a wild game dinner it would throw them over the edge.
That's why I try to act and speak more as a biologist than a trapper.

#3143640 - 05/01/12 11:34 PM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: PAFOXTRAPPER55]
Peskycritter Offline
trapper

My customer just want that thing out of there house , even the ones that have PETA on there checks , dead or alive don't mader , one nice thing about these hard times people are coming down off there high horse . Get the job done ,there's also company's up here a dime for dozen that just flat out suck . There all wearing there nice cloths all clean and talk a lot . That's all they are talk , high prices ant worth nothing . They have seen these guys , I normaly about have the job done before I even nock on the door , why talk about it . Just drop the tail gate and get to it , why talk when you can just show them . I like the born killer look and got it done look . my favert words boy your fast you already got it ,

Free Trapper

#3143648 - 05/01/12 11:43 PM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: warrior]
Peskycritter Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: warrior
Pesky, please don't take this the wrong way but in my area if you were to show up in camo in the better neighborhoods (I'm not talking camo trim like a nice clean logoed ball cap but full backwoods deer hunter camo) you will get a very polite but firm brush off.
Oh, and my truck is dirty.
Your in the gentleman state , it's just a bunch of auto workers here that came out of the coal mines to build cars, take a vacation to eastern Kentucky , drive down some back roads ,then go up into wv , that's the cultur , half my family is in eastern Kentucky it's a differnt world , sure poeple have shoes now and like nice things but how they look at things is still there .

Free Trapper

#3143712 - 05/02/12 05:06 AM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: PAFOXTRAPPER55]
ccary Offline
trapper

Loc: tennessee
once again, i'm sticking to the -- dress according to the work you are doing. If you wanna wear your slacks and nice clothes out here with me chasing down a stock killing coyote go for it.
You can still have a professional look about you tho, even in my line of adc. but it does not include khakis.

#3143723 - 05/02/12 05:51 AM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: PAFOXTRAPPER55]
sgs Offline
trapper

Loc: NH
Quote:
...dress according to the work you are doing.

That about says it all.

Anything else is just to impress yourself.

#3143726 - 05/02/12 06:09 AM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: PAFOXTRAPPER55]
DaveK
Unregistered

Pesky found a niche...

#3143745 - 05/02/12 06:41 AM Re: Shirts/uniforms question [Re: Dave Schmidt]
Nic Pallo Offline
trapper

Loc: Finger Lakes Region, NY
Originally Posted By: Dave Schmidt
Don't ever wear a t-shirt!

Ive got a bunch of "t-shirts" with my logo on it that I wear...
When I see pest control guys with nice clean polo shirts or button down shirts and dress pants, I look at them and think, gee, are they really going to crawl in an attic like that? A nice clean uniform would have to be changed every hour for me to maintain the look they are trying to make. Ive had customers comment to me, "its about time someone showed up looking like they are ready to work on my squirrel problem and not my computer!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >