ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Hope to get 1st job shortly #3128023
04/19/12 05:57 PM
04/19/12 05:57 PM
Frisco, TX
T
TxJay Offline OP
trapper
TxJay  Offline OP
trapper
T

Frisco, TX
I was referred to our management director about the nusiance animals in our development. Hoping to get permission mainly to gain trapping experience since my hunting lease is too far to drive each day to check sets. My HOA has beaver problems and I believe they are in a main pond under the railroad so no passer bys and could use normal beaver sets. We have coons so what do you pros use? I do have a live trap and might purchase couple more. Do you use snares, DP traps...etc? Also if you do how do you handle catches? I'm new so any help is appreciated especially PM's on dispatching techniques.

Re: Hope to get 1st job shortly [Re: TxJay] #3128045
04/19/12 06:22 PM
04/19/12 06:22 PM
Frisco, TX
T
TxJay Offline OP
trapper
TxJay  Offline OP
trapper
T

Frisco, TX
I checked Tx no license needed. Footholds, DP would be great with the bushes around houses but do you use an Airgun? Don't want to break an rules here so PM
Thanks!

Re: Hope to get 1st job shortly [Re: TxJay] #3128689
04/20/12 07:43 AM
04/20/12 07:43 AM
Frisco, TX
T
TxJay Offline OP
trapper
TxJay  Offline OP
trapper
T

Frisco, TX
I understand that and it's the reason Im asking the Pro's what are they're best practices. Details not just broad answers will be helpfull. If not able to write them PM or is there a training manual or something someone can email me would be great! 1st job in residential development so I can't make any beginner mistakes and probably only way I can trap due to location/distance to hunting lease.

Re: Hope to get 1st job shortly [Re: TxJay] #3128870
04/20/12 11:26 AM
04/20/12 11:26 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Take some picture of the damage that's being caused . Post . Need to see the damage or atleast say what the damage is , that's what pros do they stop the damage problem , might not even need to set any traps ,

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: Hope to get 1st job shortly [Re: TxJay] #3128889
04/20/12 11:50 AM
04/20/12 11:50 AM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Offline
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline
"Professor"
L

Lower Alabama (Daleville)
TxJay,
NY Training Manual- http://nwco.net/default.asp
To review previous discussions on just about any ADC subject; I suggest that you use the ADVANCED SEARCH feature of the forum.
http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post1980258

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread