ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Comstock and AES traps to the rescue! [Re: carlswildlife] #3115013
04/10/12 01:10 PM
04/10/12 01:10 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
No need of a cam we have a eye witness , ya it's a crime here in mi but would never be prosecuted because he was just helping the poor animal out he felt ,that's what I would have been told , he would need to be given a written trespass warning by the police , then if the guy came back he would get a trespass ticket . Mean time I'm starting all this drama in a neighbor I wish to gane more jobs from . I would rather just move the trap up the tree out of sight and reach . If I go talk to the neighbor myself it would just fuel his fire and he could also make up a story were I threted him or something seeing I have motive , I best just stay away . I don't wish to start some neighbor hood fewed over some little squirrel job . Now if the guy comes over with his ladder I will be calling in the local CO . Seems like someone would invent a lock I can add to my traps . Sometimes the customer will take the animals down the road and let them go so they don't have to pay the per animal fee . That's one more reason I'm using mostly funnel trap sets were the trap is screwed to the house up out of reach .

Last edited by Peskycritter; 04/11/12 01:17 AM.

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: Comstock and AES traps to the rescue! [Re: carlswildlife] #3115062
04/10/12 02:19 PM
04/10/12 02:19 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
He could get a ticket for being a prositute.

Re: Comstock and AES traps to the rescue! [Re: carlswildlife] #3116050
04/11/12 12:17 AM
04/11/12 12:17 AM
Central Ohio
LT GREY Offline
trapper
LT GREY  Offline
trapper

Central Ohio
laugh

Someone told me by phone the other day, that ROBB RUSSEL had a PODCAST on squirrels the other night...and that somehow AES
traps were mentioned and that they were my original design, and someone argued that point, saying it belonged to WCS.

I might set the record straight on that...

Scott Balts (of AES) is a former ADC student of mine from several years ago.
One of the things I taught/showed Scott was not only how I maximize my efforts to catch any rodent,
but also how to make the BEST traps in which to do it !
One of the traps Scott started out with, was a design sold by WCS, that was designed by me and made by John Constable
of Cincinnati. John and I did nuisance work briefly together. I gave him the design and introduced him to Alan ( WCS) at either the OSTA or NTA in OHIO.
John started making those traps for Alan, called Simple squirrel traps. John, due to health issues, doesn't make the traps any longer.
I gave the design to Scott, as well as several other trap designs.

I told Scott, you WILL learn to make these...and he did. The rest is now history... wink

Scott now makes even more than the original designs I had given him and a better quality trap than the ones John had made.
They cost a bit more, but QUALITY ONLY HURTS ONCE !
Ask someone who owns these traps..they are money makers, flat out !
What trap can you set and make 3 times the $$$ you just payed for it in one night ?

I am very proud of Scott, as I am all of my students.
His products he sells are state of the art and the best quality for a trap that size, out there.
IMO, if you stay in this business long enough, you owe it to yourself to own some of Scott's traps.
You can best bet, your competition already does !
wink

Re: Comstock and AES traps to the rescue! [Re: carlswildlife] #3116458
04/11/12 12:19 PM
04/11/12 12:19 PM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline
trapper

New York
Agreed that Scott is making a dandy squirrel trap. Sent a client his way the other day who was going to buy some traps as a "do it yourselfer." Like to see the small manufacturer get some business, especially if he is making the best product. Also, always like to see the record set straight and credit given to those who have first developed a new tool or improved upon those products that we all appreciate and use every day in our business. The LT Grey trap with Scotts input is of benefit to all.

Re: Comstock and AES traps to the rescue! [Re: Jim Comstock] #3117612
04/12/12 03:51 AM
04/12/12 03:51 AM
North East Illinois
C
carlswildlife Offline OP
trapper
carlswildlife  Offline OP
trapper
C

North East Illinois
I had to be rescued again as I NEEDED more Comstock double doored traps for several skunk and groundhog jobs. So I ordered more today. Jim Comstock does make some fine traps.

Re: Comstock and AES traps to the rescue! [Re: carlswildlife] #3119902
04/13/12 10:39 PM
04/13/12 10:39 PM
Central Ohio
LT GREY Offline
trapper
LT GREY  Offline
trapper

Central Ohio
x2

Re: Comstock and AES traps to the rescue! [Re: carlswildlife] #3124718
04/17/12 09:23 AM
04/17/12 09:23 AM
North East Illinois
C
carlswildlife Offline OP
trapper
carlswildlife  Offline OP
trapper
C

North East Illinois
Hope Jim' traps come soon the phone has been ringing for skunks and ground hogs. I've been putting in baited sets for the customers but I've been falling in love with the non-baited sets blocked by a Comstock trap or two.

Re: Comstock and AES traps to the rescue! [Re: carlswildlife] #3124725
04/17/12 09:39 AM
04/17/12 09:39 AM
Florida
WTWC Offline
trapper
WTWC  Offline
trapper

Florida
Yes, very illegal to tamper with traps. I also put that in my waiver making the customer responsible for the traps. If they know it's on them, they tend to keep others away a little better as well. Not only that but protecting you if the idiot down the road sticks their finger in the trap and the squirrel lets him have it.

I have never used an AES or Comstock trap. They sound great. I was looking at some of the pics online and the traps all appeared to be rusty? Or is that just the color of the trap? Are they powder coated?

Last edited by WTWC; 04/17/12 09:40 AM.
Re: Comstock and AES traps to the rescue! [Re: WTWC] #3124753
04/17/12 10:08 AM
04/17/12 10:08 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline
trapper
330-Trapper  Offline
trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted By: WTWC
I have never used an AES or Comstock trap. They sound great. I was looking at some of the pics online and the traps all appeared to be rusty? Or is that just the color of the trap? Are they powder coated?

The AES Traps are Double Dipped in Formula 1 (brown) because of the Heavy GAW Wire I use, when they are dipped in the F-1 the color changes to a Gold/bronze color and the welds on each little corner seem to show through the dip as a darker color.
The Formula 1 is the best metal coating dip I have ever used so far!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Comstock and AES traps to the rescue! [Re: carlswildlife] #3125079
04/17/12 02:43 PM
04/17/12 02:43 PM
Florida
WTWC Offline
trapper
WTWC  Offline
trapper

Florida
Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate it. Sorry but I realized that it's a comstock trap that appears rust colored. http://www.comstockcustomcage.com/ Second photo down. Probably the color of their traps as well. I couldn't find your website before but now see it in your signature. Thanks again and sorry for the confusion on my part.

Last edited by WTWC; 04/17/12 02:44 PM.
Re: Comstock and AES traps to the rescue! [Re: carlswildlife] #3127462
04/19/12 09:49 AM
04/19/12 09:49 AM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline
trapper

New York
Gone to rustoleum black now, dries nice, not sticky like some dips can be at times.

Re: Comstock and AES traps to the rescue! [Re: carlswildlife] #3127607
04/19/12 12:02 PM
04/19/12 12:02 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
That's good to hear. Rustoleum went on sale last week and I bought 6 cans of flat black. I really like to go crazy and spray everything flat black including the grandkids if they get in the way.

Re: Comstock and AES traps to the rescue! [Re: carlswildlife] #3128041
04/19/12 06:15 PM
04/19/12 06:15 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
Received my first two AES traps today. An undertaker and a sidewinder. They are extremely well made. Set up 2 squirrel jobs today and have the undertaker in operation hanging under a soffit. Very impressed and will be ordering more.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread