ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar

Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulator Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Topic Options
Hop to:
#3122352 - 04/15/12 05:53 PM Alias:Dave Salys
DAVE SALYS-CWCP Offline
trapper

Loc: sneakin' up behind ya
Since it was requested to stay on subject, thank you trapperpaw who did qualify for my disclaimer on the bat deterent thread, lets starts a new one. I will address this to
Mr. Paul Dobbins, I think it's time to make the rule on the ADC forum to use no alias names. If you are or consider yourself a professional use your real name or at least leave some identity in your posts. If you don't agree too bad, it doesn't hurt my feeling. I don't post too often on here because I smell too many egos hidden behind aliases,
like I said earlier, man up, use your real name.

#3122390 - 04/15/12 06:21 PM Re: Alias:Dave Salys [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP]
trapperpaw Offline
trapper

Loc: Frankfort, Ky. USA
At least you could go to my profile if I said something real smart or real stupid or if you thought you liked or disliked my comments over a period of time and see who I am. I like real names to just because I like to know who I'm speaking or in this case writing to. It also gives you more of an opportunity to make a real new friend not an imaginary one.
We should always try to make new friends just don't trade in your old ones...they don't bring much on trade in anyway.
A lot of trappers are funny people who don't like anyone knowing them or their secrets. ADC is really not trapping but it does have a foundation there and the personality carries over.
I'd like everyone to start using their real names because it is the first step towards getting to know each other.
If you don't like what I just said (I'm an idiot and my mother didn't teach me any better) ya.
Paul Brooker

#3122880 - 04/15/12 11:46 PM Re: Alias:Dave Salys [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP]
Lundy Offline
trapper

Loc: North Branch MN
My "handle" here is my nickname. It's what my friends and family call me. I'm 'Uncle Lundy' to most of my nice's and nephew's. However, most of my customer's know me as 'Dave', because that's the name I answer the phone with. I don't know if I just stepped into the middle of a p-ing match or not. Just giving my 2 cents worth.

#3122910 - 04/16/12 01:03 AM Re: Alias:Dave Salys [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP]
Vinke Offline
trapper

Loc: pacific NW
I would tell you my name is "Elvis".........And I am in the witness protection program with my Friend "Jim Morrison"...... But then I would have to have you eliminated,,,,,,,

Ride the Snake,,,,,,,

Thank You,,,Thank You Very much.............

www.wawildlife.com

www.azrats.com

#3123157 - 04/16/12 09:55 AM Re: Alias:Dave Salys [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP]
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper

Loc: mequon, wisconsin
Vinke has left the building!

#3123830 - 04/16/12 06:38 PM Re: Alias:Dave Salys [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP]
Animals Only Offline
trapper

Loc: Western Michigan
Animals Only is my name you can find me in the book.

#3123834 - 04/16/12 06:39 PM Re: Alias:Dave Salys [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP]
Phil Nichols Offline
trapper

Loc: Chocowinity, NC
OT
FYI did you know the next "forbidden" word is REATRD?

#3123864 - 04/16/12 06:48 PM Re: Alias:Dave Salys [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP]
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper

Loc: mequon, wisconsin
As in retard? or darter?

#3140355 - 04/29/12 10:51 AM Re: Alias:Dave Salys [Re: Paul Winkelmann]
trapperpaw Offline
trapper

I'm not ready for Paul to demand it but I do like to know people and alias's prevent that. It also makes it easier for people to work under cover for vocal minority groups and prevents credability or incredability to posts.
The second sentence is a thought don't worry about responding to it. The first is my point.
Paul Brooker

#3141133 - 04/29/12 09:18 PM Re: Alias:Dave Salys [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP]
Travis Wolford Offline
trapper

Loc: Tipton, IN
I like the real name thing as well, I have never felt the need to go by anything other than Travis. When I drove a dump truck for a living I was known as "The T-Bone Trucker" and to be honest I have no idea where that came from. When people asked my name I always just said Travis but apparently when you spend your day shifting gears and comunicating on a CB radio your real name is not "cool" so someone came up with a handle and stuck it on me. Some people still call me that to this day but I prefer Travis. Im sure I have never said anything profound on here and im sure my Trapper Man post will not let me live forever in infamy but by golly just incase I would just as soon they remember Travis Wolford over The T Bone Trucker!!!!! So now im off to buy winning lottery tickets and since I will be 36 this year im going to start preporation for my 2016 presidential campaign so I can cement Travis Wolford in the anals of history!!!!!

#3141152 - 04/29/12 09:34 PM Re: Alias:Dave Salys [Re: Travis Wolford]
trapperpaw Offline
trapper

Travis Wolford is that preperation h for the anals of history?
Paul Brooker

#3141173 - 04/29/12 09:48 PM Re: Alias:Dave Salys [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP]
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper

Loc: St. Louis area
Travis, don't be so hard on yourself: you're not an anal. For being just a pup at 36, you're pretty sharp at this stuff.

#3141435 - 04/30/12 06:58 AM Re: Alias:Dave Salys [Re: Dave Schmidt]
330-Trapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Dave Schmidt
Travis, don't be so hard on yourself: you're not an anal. For being just a pup at 36, you're pretty sharp at this stuff.

Travis, you bear no resemblance to a sphincter... just sayin' You'll be remembered in my Book! cool