General Trapping Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Hop to:
#214892 - 05/28/07 04:50 PM Re: 1.5 coils on coyotes? [Re: coyotekiller]
TRapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Central IA
we use 1.5's on coyotes, duke brand with the new style 1.5's modified using our own mods. baseplates using high strength wire instead of a piece of steel weighing down the trap by being as wide as the base and as thick. we use 3/16 rod lamination, 3 swivels and one at the trap with about 6" of chain hooked onto 2 1/2" stakes about 12 to 18" long due to our soil content. here are some pictures of coyotes caught in 1.5's 2 years ago, we only got 4 this last year as i am the owner of A All Animal Control of Tri-State and justinmo works for me and not hardly any time to fur trap, 74 coyotes the year before.

back foot catch on 24 hour check not legal here to check two or three days

I also build websites...go to www.TRappersWebsites.com

#215198 - 05/28/07 09:11 PM Re: 1.5 coils on coyotes? [Re: Jtrapper]
TasteLikeChicken Offline
trapper

Loc: Oregon
Absolutely they will hold yotes if fully built to the hilt. I do it routinely with the 3 dozen I made up. I start with Dukes, baseplate, laminate,use #3 American chain, MB cruch proof swivels,bend the jaws up and bubble,nitelatch,put in a heavy brass pan bolt and most important... #2 music wire springs. I have not educated a single yote....LOL...but have removed loads from the gene pool with these traps.

I use these fully modified 1.5s as a special purpose trap and would consider it on par with 4 coiled Bridger #2s in performance comparisons. To do all the mods is LOTS of work. There are much better time/cost alternatives out there.

My choice of yote trap is the MB 650 O/I laminated and what I normally set where I can use them. Haven't had any problems educating them with these traps either....LOL.

Here's a pic for you.

#215329 - 05/28/07 10:54 PM Re: 1.5 coils on coyotes? [Re: TasteLikeChicken]
coyotekiller Offline
trapper

Loc: central illinois
thanks to everyone who replied, i didn't expect to get this much info.lol. jt

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  tmrschessie