trapping
kids

pcsoutdoors

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: Mira Trapper] #2037267
06/22/10 11:01 AM
06/22/10 11:01 AM
st. lawrence county ny
C
CLT Offline
trapper
CLT  Offline
trapper
C

st. lawrence county ny
Mira,agree 100% with you statement.

Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: pcr2] #2037270
06/22/10 11:02 AM
06/22/10 11:02 AM
st. lawrence county ny
C
CLT Offline
trapper
CLT  Offline
trapper
C

st. lawrence county ny
Originally Posted By: pcr2
Amen clear lake; i call my cable company every monday and ask them to remove Animal Planet,the one lady knows me by name now.

LOL

Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: CLT] #2037290
06/22/10 11:27 AM
06/22/10 11:27 AM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
I have worked with commercial fisherman and they "ram" each other all the time out of anger fighting over the fish!

The problem with the ocean is there is NO real law or conservation taking place!Its a free for all!So i could realy care less whos getting rammed for what reason thats life at see in the lawlessness that it is!

Last edited by muddyriverdogz; 06/22/10 11:30 AM.

You only live once, so get over it!

Tactics may change but the goal remains the same.
Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: upstateNY] #2037431
06/22/10 01:40 PM
06/22/10 01:40 PM
Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Just because someone is at Sea doesn't mean that charges can not be brought against someone who rammed a boat intentionally or released another person's catch. Here in Canada people caught doing such things are subject to serious finds and jail time if convicted as charged. In fact Sea Shepherd Society already proved my point for me as they no longer have a ship called the Farley Mowat as it was confiscated by Canadian Law and her officers were fined for actions in Canadian waters. The ship has since been sold and Sea Shepherd never showed up for seal hunt this year. Top claim no conservation is taking place at sea is false as quota's are established to prevent over fishing. If anything some species such as seals are gone beyond conservation and have entered into the realm of PRESERVATIONISM. .

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: Mira Trapper] #2037440
06/22/10 01:53 PM
06/22/10 01:53 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
So in International waters some foreign country starts fishing for a species that has limits put on it buy the Canadian Goverment,whats Canada going to do?Prosecute so named country?I hardly doudt it!

Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: muddyriverdogz] #2037460
06/22/10 02:13 PM
06/22/10 02:13 PM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
If you dont think the Bluefin tuna and other fish species in the ocaen arnt in serious trouble you have no idea of whats going on.

NO LINKS TO ANTI SITES

Last edited by Drifter; 06/22/10 06:32 PM. Reason: link to anti site

Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: Gun Nut] #2037672
06/22/10 04:59 PM
06/22/10 04:59 PM
florida
cooter1 Offline
trapper
cooter1  Offline
trapper

florida
Originally Posted By: Gun Nut
Originally Posted By: cooter1
I wish I had the money to get me a big enough ship to go do to them what they do to folks trying to make an honest living. I don't know why the Japanese navy or someone hasn't sunk or machine gunned every boat these goofballs are on.

Captain Cooter1, I would like to volunteer to join your crew when you get this ready to roll.

Gun Nut

Captain Cooter1, now there is a name to strike fear in their hearts! We may have to keep that one to ourselves!

Cody L Sikes

Mbr. FTFHA, FTA, NTA
floridatrappers.org
Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: muddyriverdogz] #2037752
06/22/10 06:17 PM
06/22/10 06:17 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Muddy
Quote:
So in International waters some foreign country starts fishing for a species that has limits put on it buy the Canadian Goverment,whats Canada going to do?Prosecute so named country?I hardly doudt it

They have arrested folks over fishing or interfering with Canadian fishers and sealers in the past. It is their LEGAL right to do so and it is why the Farley Mowatt does not belong to Sea Shepherd Society any more. One thing for sure!!!!!! Canada has more legal right to check Tuna cages on our Coast then the Sea Shepherd Society. Ditto any country in the world but Paul Watson has no such right despite his megalomania which has sold so many lies to such a wide variety gullible people.

Last edited by Mira Trapper; 06/22/10 06:18 PM.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: Mira Trapper] #2037759
06/22/10 06:23 PM
06/22/10 06:23 PM
WNY
gutpile Offline
trapper
gutpile  Offline
trapper

WNY
Give me a fast boat and two dozen RPG 9s

Liberals Negate Darwinian Theory
Kishel's Scents and Lures www.kishelscents.com
Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: Sean D.] #2038143
06/23/10 12:34 AM
06/23/10 12:34 AM
Maine
S
shorthair Offline
trapper
shorthair  Offline
trapper
S

Maine
Originally Posted By: Sean D.
One day they are going to mess with the wrong boat and they are going to end up on the bottom of the ocean where they belong!

I think the Navy Seals have a great pirate prevention program. I think they're called snipers!

"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my traps for what I said I paid for them."
Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: Mira Trapper] #2038211
06/23/10 03:24 AM
06/23/10 03:24 AM
NC
S
Steeltrap Offline
trapper
Steeltrap  Offline
trapper
S

NC
I hate to say this (because the French for the most part are idiots} but back in the 80's I think the French wanted to do some nuke testing in the southern pacific... Green Peace bozo's brought in the ship, Rainbow Warrior. The French sent in 4 combat divers to scuttle her... It worked... Might be a good idea...

Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: Steeltrap] #2038262
06/23/10 07:15 AM
06/23/10 07:15 AM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: Steeltrap
I hate to say this (because the French for the most part are idiots} but back in the 80's I think the French wanted to do some nuke testing in the southern pacific... Green Peace bozo's brought in the ship, Rainbow Warrior. The French sent in 4 combat divers to scuttle her... It worked... Might be a good idea...

Or they can do what Canada did. Confiscate the boat for illegal activity and sell it off to with the stipulation that the vessel not be used by Paul Watson types anymore or it will be destroyed on next capture for illegal activity. Use the same laws as are used against deer poachers. They confiscate every item involved in killing of a jacked deer including gun, ammunition,hunting knife, your LEGAL hunting privileges, your car,ATV or truck if involved in transporting carcass, & even the freezer. When the DNR comes a knocking you better hope you aren't frying your venison or you will be frying eggs on a cookie sheet the next day. Political will & Court dockets must start worrying more about these loony terrorists and do the right thing in support of the Quota systems they instituted.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: Steeltrap] #2038304
06/23/10 08:22 AM
06/23/10 08:22 AM
Oregon
T
Tsarevna Offline
"Gerty"
Tsarevna  Offline
"Gerty"
T

Oregon

The Navy should use the trained dolphins and sea lions they have to plant the C4 and detonators on the hull of the boat! grin

Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: Mira Trapper] #2038329
06/23/10 09:09 AM
06/23/10 09:09 AM
kapowsin wa
D
discreet3 Offline
trapper
discreet3  Offline
trapper
D

kapowsin wa
I see a ship full of crab bait.Send the shepard and the bob barker to davy Jones locker,Oh and the gay looking bat boat

Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: discreet3] #2038334
06/23/10 09:17 AM
06/23/10 09:17 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
There are those individuals that conduct themselves in a manner that would invoke more relief than tears from even their mother at their passing.

-Goofy-
Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: muddyriverdogz] #2038451
06/23/10 11:07 AM
06/23/10 11:07 AM
Downeast Maine
scalloper Offline
trapper
scalloper  Offline
trapper

Downeast Maine
Originally Posted By: muddyriverdogz
I have worked with commercial fisherman and they "ram" each other all the time out of anger fighting over the fish!

The problem with the ocean is there is NO real law or conservation taking place!Its a free for all!So i could realy care less whos getting rammed for what reason thats life at see in the lawlessness that it is!

I dont see com fishing as being lawless at all...Do was relize the fines that are aposed on fishermen for having as little as one short fish? No matter if you are one mile offshore of 199.9 miles offshore.I know guys that have had trips of scallops(25,000lbs and more) for exceding their catch by 115 lbs. Far from lawless

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness
Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: Mira Trapper] #2038455
06/23/10 11:13 AM
06/23/10 11:13 AM
Downeast Maine
scalloper Offline
trapper
scalloper  Offline
trapper

Downeast Maine
Originally Posted By: Mira Trapper
Just because someone is at Sea doesn't mean that charges can not be brought against someone who rammed a boat intentionally or released another person's catch. Here in Canada people caught doing such things are subject to serious finds and jail time if convicted as charged. In fact Sea Shepherd Society already proved my point for me as they no longer have a ship called the Farley Mowat as it was confiscated by Canadian Law and her officers were fined for actions in Canadian waters. The ship has since been sold and Sea Shepherd never showed up for seal hunt this year. Top claim no conservation is taking place at sea is false as quota's are established to prevent over fishing. If anything some species such as seals are gone beyond conservation and have entered into the realm of PRESERVATIONISM. .

Thats all very true. With the seals ,here we have the "Marine Mammal Protection Act" that protects all seals and whales. The seals are one of the biggest predtors of the Atlantic salmon and the US has spent millions to rebuild that stock. I am not saying we need to kill all seals but all preditor/pray need to be ballenced out. In Maine we now have more seals then ever before in history.

Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: muddyriverdogz] #2038458
06/23/10 11:15 AM
06/23/10 11:15 AM
Downeast Maine
scalloper Offline
trapper
scalloper  Offline
trapper

Downeast Maine
So in International waters some foreign country starts fishing for a species that has limits put on it buy the Canadian Goverment,whats Canada going to do?Prosecute so named country?I hardly doudt it!

I belive the Canadian Gov seized a spanish trawler for fishing on the Grandbank and that was in internainal waters.

Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: scalloper] #2038460
06/23/10 11:17 AM
06/23/10 11:17 AM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: scalloper

I dont see com fishing as being lawless at all...Do was relize the fines that are aposed on fishermen for having as little as one short fish? No matter if you are one mile offshore of 199.9 miles offshore.I know guys that have had trips of scallops(25,000lbs and more) for exceding their catch by 115 lbs. Far from lawless

We have had mistakes in our fishery here in the past with over fishing but the times have greatly changed because even the greediest fishermen know that tomorrows catch depends on not over fishing today. Some share holders in the urban centers of North America who invest in the larger commercial vessels & fisheries have registered complaints but the fishery Quota's over-rule those complaints. To insinuate that the Atlantic fishery is without laws & quota systems meant to CONSERVE the fishery is wrong. We have the same type of quota & conservation targets here in Nova Scotia ,Scalloper.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: The Sea Shepherd Society should be DECOMISSIONED> [Re: Tsarevna] #2038465
06/23/10 11:22 AM
06/23/10 11:22 AM
Downeast Maine
scalloper Offline
trapper
scalloper  Offline
trapper

Downeast Maine
Originally Posted By: Tsarevna

The Navy should use the trained dolphins and sea lions they have to plant the C4 and detonators on the hull of the boat! grin

That will never happen... The Sea Shepard is more likley to get Obama to have the Navy Seals protect the Sea Shepard agenst unruly fishermen

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread