Water Trapping Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Hop to:
#1928772 - 04/01/10 06:07 AM Re: Beaver " drowning rods" [Re: 2poor]
STINGER Offline
trapper

Loc: Southeastern Pennsyltucky
I've drown tons of beavers in my day and never used one of these rigs nor have I seen a video as good as coonwild's ........... I'm still kinda lost on how the terminal end stays put to hold a spinning, twisting beaver fighting for it's life ........ looks like a set up I'd like to try but need more info on the terminal end and how it holds the bottom

#1928782 - 04/01/10 06:22 AM Re: Beaver " drowning rods" [Re: STINGER]
Tim Bauer Offline
trapper

Loc: central MN
The deep end of the rod is just pushed into the mud a foot or so. I've never had a beaver pull it and go to shore. Many do loosen it up quite a bit but I think it's with their last thrashing.

#1928789 - 04/01/10 06:37 AM Re: Beaver " drowning rods" [Re: Tim Bauer]
Broom Chaser Offline
trapper

Loc: Missouri
Made some up before the end of our season this year. They work GREAT! No more blocks for me. Thanks guys!
Stinger the beaver is pulling up on the entire lenghth that is shoved in the bottom. Kinda like trying to pull an earth anchor but not exactly.

#1928790 - 04/01/10 06:38 AM Re: Beaver " drowning rods" [Re: Tim Bauer]
STINGER Offline
trapper

Loc: Southeastern Pennsyltucky
Originally Posted By: Tim Bauer
The deep end of the rod is just pushed into the mud a foot or so. I've never had a beaver pull it and go to shore. Many do loosen it up quite a bit but I think it's with their last thrashing.

OK Tim ........ a couple more questions ....... what do you weld at the shoreline end as a staking point ......... do you weld a flat washer or something like that pin it through ........

and then what type of lock do you put on your traps ...... right now I just have MB crunch proof swivels on my Bridger #3's and I slip the end of the swivel over a 11 gauge drowner slide wire thats wrapped around a knotted feed bag of rocks

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  tmrschessie