03/23/09 06:10 PM
03/23/09 06:10 PM
Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Have you folks any idea how offensive this is to your Allies. If I was close enough to these pukes I would have cleaned out their news room inside of three minutes with my bare knuckles and it is the only time in my life that I have wanted to slap a woman in the mouth.. We have Canadians dying in theaters of war trying to protect YOUR TROOPS and these sanctimonious jerks just poisoned an already tainted WELL. I am so angry I could rip Gutfeld's throat out with my bare hands. I hope you folks voice a negative opinion to Fox over this or you will soon yourselves standing alone in this WORLD.

http://gawker.com/5180834/canada-mistakes-fox-news-greg-gutfeld-for-person-of-influence

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1269460
03/23/09 06:23 PM
03/23/09 06:23 PM
Cambria Co, PA
C
col_klink Offline
trapper
col_klink  Offline
trapper
C

Cambria Co, PA
Man what the he*& I don't know what to say but anger sharks are swimming now.

People sleep peacefully in their beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do them harm, 2 Tours Semper FI
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1269464
03/23/09 06:26 PM
03/23/09 06:26 PM
West Seneca, NY 45
69mach1 Offline
trapper
69mach1  Offline
trapper

West Seneca, NY 45
Ummm. I believe the one word that means the most in the article is COMEDY. May not be funny to you. Comedy satire always makes somebody mad.

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: col_klink] #1269471
03/23/09 06:29 PM
03/23/09 06:29 PM

M
michael_obrien
Unregistered
michael_obrien
Unregistered
M

If you are this bent out of shape over something so silly, you should try being an American!

Get over it. I guess the winters must be longer up there then they are here.

...or we'll soon find ourselves standing alone in this world? Seriously, if you leave the ware we're alone? LOL Not to belittle any sacrafices made by Canadians, but you are hardly our biggest ally-

michael

Last edited by michael_obrien; 03/23/09 06:31 PM.
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: ] #1269482
03/23/09 06:42 PM
03/23/09 06:42 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: michael_obrien
If you are this bent out of shape over something so silly, you should try being an American!

Get over it. I guess the winters must be longer up there then they are here.

...or we'll soon find ourselves standing alone in this world? Seriously, if you leave the ware we're alone? LOL Not to belittle any sacrafices made by Canadians, but you are hardly our biggest ally-

michael

And you wonder why Americans can't get help and face disdain for your arrogance ??? On the day your folks were ridiculing us more four more Canadians were being shipped home in body bags. That was not satire. That was pure ignorance and as our Canadian soldiers see such arrogance they will not gain your troops any love, for how crass it was. Our Prime Minister has enough problems drumming up support for Afghanistan mission. Those jerks just poisoned the well and I am right. Your country will soon standing alone. If you can't see how disgusting it is to families that have lost love ones or families like mine that will see their loved ones once again enter Afghanistan to fight beside people that don't appreciate the way they risk their lives in such a war.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1269497
03/23/09 06:53 PM

M
michael_obrien
Unregistered
michael_obrien
Unregistered
M

dude, your shorts are a little too tight. We just had 4 cops killed in one city in a single day. While they were investigating the first shooting where the first 2 were killed they were being taunted by some liberal flunkies about how thye had it coming.

You are going to get all out of shape over some moron comedian blabing his mouth??? Get over it. If you don't think most Americans appreciate what our coalition forces are doing you are not that brite.

The only arrogance on this post was from you saying once canada is gone we'll be alone.

If some moron comedian is the biggest problem you are having you don't have it so bad my friend.

michael

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1269498
White Sulphur Springs, MT
T
Terry Offline
trapper
Terry  Offline
trapper
T

White Sulphur Springs, MT
I have great respect for our Canadian neighbors, Mira. Good people. To talk about them, or any ally in this way is juvinile and really, really stupid.
If I were Canadian, I would opt out too. Why take chances when your effort is not appreciated.
You have a sincere apology from at least one American.
Terry

A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1269510
03/23/09 07:00 PM
03/23/09 07:00 PM
MN
M
Mark K Offline
trapper
Mark K  Offline
trapper
M

MN
People who belittle the allied armies are going to do it whether we like it or not.

We are the butt of the world's jokes because our government refuses to secure our own borders yet ships its armies thousands of miles to protect another country which hates us. Granted, the Iraqi civilians may like us, but those in charge are only sucking out teat until we pull it away. Then they will stab us in the back for sure.

Don't let this get you too riled because no matter how many of us who support our troops and those of the allies, there are always going to be douchebags who have more clout and power to belittle our support.

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Terry] #1269515
03/23/09 07:01 PM
03/23/09 07:01 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: Terry
I have great respect for our Canadian neighbors, Mira. Good people. To talk about them, or any ally in this way is juvinile and really, really stupid.
If I were Canadian, I would opt out too. Why take chances when your effort is not appreciated.
You have a sincere apology from at least one American.
Terry

Thanks for understanding what friendships and risking each others life and family is about Terry . YOU GOT IT>

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Terry] #1269527
03/23/09 07:07 PM
03/23/09 07:07 PM
Portsmouth Va.
A
aprophet Offline
trapper
aprophet  Offline
trapper
A

Portsmouth Va.
its kina like the dumber the commercial the longer you remember it. If fox were a real network they would,nt have to stoop so low. don,t let the buzzards get you down paL just a bunch of bottom feeders doing what they do naturally .

I usually mention to them I am emailing their sponsors and not using their products anymore because of their support of fox. just my way later
aprophet aka david

I TRAP PETA'S FRONT PORCH

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: ] #1269532
03/23/09 07:09 PM
03/23/09 07:09 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

dude, your shorts are a little too tight. We just had 4 cops killed in one city in a single day. While they were investigating the first shooting where the first 2 were killed they were being taunted by some liberal flunkies about how thye had it coming.

You are going to get all out of shape over some moron comedian blabing his mouth??? Get over it. If you don't think most Americans appreciate what our coalition forces are doing you are not that brite.

The only arrogance on this post was from you saying once canada is gone we'll be alone.

If some moron comedian is the biggest problem you are having you don't have it so bad my friend.

michael

Actually a lot of America's allies are not there anymore in case you never noticed and ridiculing a nation that has Icons such as our police ,our people and then spitting on the graves of our soldiers, isn't going to endear you to Canada either. In fact you just did a great job of showing just how much disrespect you have for the support of Canada the only nation that took on the job of going into the most dangerous regions of Afghanistan. While other nations are hiding in the safer regions Canada is in the worst territory of Afghanistan.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1269539
03/23/09 07:14 PM
03/23/09 07:14 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

BTW . I was also disgraced to see twenty people taunting the police and actually getting joy for having seen them get shot down. Such actions might actually come from not seeing how such satire becomes so desensitizing to people that should know how it appears to the families of those police officers or the families of our Soldiers.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: ] #1269544
03/23/09 07:16 PM
03/23/09 07:16 PM
Duluth, MN
C
Clark Offline
trapper
Clark  Offline
trapper
C

Duluth, MN
...Not to belittle any sacrafices made by Canadians, but you are hardly our biggest ally-

michael

In terms of economic trade Canada is our biggest ally. Being from MN I would expect you to know that.

I'm with you Mira. These guys make me sick and ashamed of our great country. Unfortunately too many Americans don't realize what Eleanor Roosevelt meant when she said, "Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility. For the person who is unwilling to grow up, the person who does not want to carry his own weight, this is a frightening prospect."

Clark

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. -Albert Einstein
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1269547
03/23/09 07:17 PM
03/23/09 07:17 PM
Davenport OKlahoma
DavidOK Offline
trapper
DavidOK  Offline
trapper

Davenport OKlahoma
what makes you think we need help?? the marine core and the army alone could take what they wanted

AR Ramadi iraq soldier aka ramadi law dog

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Clark] #1269550
03/23/09 07:19 PM
03/23/09 07:19 PM
PA
N
Nightwish Offline
trapper
Nightwish  Offline
trapper
N

PA
Faux News...what more to expect?

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Clark] #1269560
03/23/09 07:24 PM
03/23/09 07:24 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: Clark
...Not to belittle any sacrafices made by Canadians, but you are hardly our biggest ally-

michael

In terms of economic trade Canada is our biggest ally. Being from MN I would expect you to know that.

I'm with you Mira. These guys make me sick and ashamed of our great country. Unfortunately too many Americans don't realize what Eleanor Roosevelt meant when she said, "Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility. For the person who is unwilling to grow up, the person who does not want to carry his own weight, this is a frightening prospect."

Clark

60% of your oil comes from here and a lot of Americans are crying bombs for OIL? It is your own governments that have made choices that will not use your lumber your oil or your other minerals and our country supplies those demands as well as our Canadian Soldiers.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1269561
03/23/09 07:25 PM
03/23/09 07:25 PM
N. Dakota
S
Slim Pedersen Offline
"Trapping Icon' "
Slim Pedersen  Offline
"Trapping Icon' "
S

N. Dakota
Reality is simply there are idiots in every country with too much time, money, and little knowledge. Worst part is that every now and then we give them exactly what they want: attentions for thier ignorance! Like we are doing here right now!

Consider me another American that is appologizing for some of the people craving attentions in our country.

Just don't let them get to you, and I will try to make my best efforts to not let your canadian do gooder idiots get to me either. Hang in there, and relax, they are not worth the time or effort, and certainly not worth much attentions that they are seeking.

Proud to be a trapper and supporter of trapping organizations
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Nightwish] #1269563
03/23/09 07:27 PM
Somewhere, Minnesota
wildlifegeoff Offline
trapper
wildlifegeoff  Offline
trapper

Somewhere, Minnesota
I get ALL of my new from STAR magazine! Totally reliable??

Minnesota Taxidermy Guild & NTA Lifetime Member
MTA Member

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: DavidOK] #1269564
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: DavidOK
what makes you think we need help?? the marine core and the army alone could take what they wanted

Then why hasn't the marine corp ended the war? In fact you are doing to our war efforts what was done to your vets from Vietnam. You are offering the satire as a fact and that is even more disturbing.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Slim Pedersen] #1269584
03/23/09 07:35 PM
03/23/09 07:35 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: Slim Pedersen
Reality is simply there are idiots in every country with too much time, money, and little knowledge. Worst part is that every now and then we give them exactly what they want: attentions for thier ignorance! Like we are doing here right now!

Consider me another American that is appologizing for some of the people craving attentions in our country.

Just don't let them get to you, and I will try to make my best efforts to not let your canadian do gooder idiots get to me either. Hang in there, and relax, they are not worth the time or effort, and certainly not worth much attentions that they are seeking.

As you know I support the American & Canadian troops Slim. I am pained to see your dead return to their mothers and fathers in flag draped coffins. I was disgusted to see your Grandfathers and fathers return to America to be spit on after the Vietnam war. What was disturbing then was the Jane Fonda types and the satirists who in their ignorance trod upon the graves of good people trying to do as their nation asked them to. I also look upon fox as a series of balanced reports though some segments are to lefty or to right for me. Overall they are a better news channel then this piece of satirical crap offered. We are a country of 33 million people and every soldiers life is important to us. The disrespect factor for those soldiers and their family must be better served then by such ignorance.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1269588
03/23/09 07:40 PM
03/23/09 07:40 PM
Three Lakes,WI 72
C
corky Online content
trapper
corky  Online Content
trapper
C

Three Lakes,WI 72
You are right Mira. Disgraceful describes it. Many US citizens are unaware of the sacrifices of our own troops, let alone our allies. Much like trappers/outdoorsmen, many times we are our own worst enemy by bickering among ourselves rather than uniting against what should be a common enemy.

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1269593
03/23/09 07:43 PM
03/23/09 07:43 PM
Northern Ohio ...
S
Sullivan K Offline
"Keith"
Sullivan K  Offline
"Keith"
S

Northern Ohio ...
I believe it is a very distasteful piece of satire/comedy. It even seemed to be pushing satire to the edge. Anybody can say anything they want-----doesn’t mean it’s true. A couple of people, on TV, do not speak for all United States citizens.

My name ain't Keith
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Sullivan K] #1269598
03/23/09 07:47 PM
03/23/09 07:47 PM
Wisconsin
Blackdog Offline
trapper
Blackdog  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Sullivan K
A couple of people, on TV, do not speak for all United States citizens.

That about sums it up right there!!!!!!!

Just ask your mommy...
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Sullivan K] #1269601
03/23/09 07:50 PM
03/23/09 07:50 PM

M
michael_obrien
Unregistered
michael_obrien
Unregistered
M

Mira, you are not all there if you thing the words from one tv personality speak for all Americans-

michael

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: ] #1269628
03/23/09 08:09 PM
03/23/09 08:09 PM
Montana
grumpyoldman Offline
trapper
grumpyoldman  Offline
trapper

Montana
I don't think that it was very smart to make a laughing matter of this war, but maybe if you weren't digging around the internet websites all day, posting this type of doom and gloom you seem to find, you would not be in such a mood. Just my opinion.

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1269637
03/23/09 08:12 PM
03/23/09 08:12 PM
West Virginia
B
bglong Offline
trapper
bglong  Offline
trapper
B

West Virginia
Fox news is the best thing we have going in our media besides Talk Radio. That being said, I cannot for the life of me understand why they have those idiots on Red Eye on there. And you are right, it is DISGRACEFUL. Why some of the regulars appear as guests I do not understand either.

Mira, I appreciate all your work on this forum. I also appreciate the brave Canadian soldiers that have stood with our forces to strengthen our position.

As a regular Fox News Viewer, I will write to complain. I would love to see that show cancelled anyway.

I am sorry for people who cannot appreciate your loyalty to your troops. They probably can't appreciate it because they aren't loyal to their own. I apologize that one of our networks allowed such drivel.

Bill

Never happier than when I smell just a little skunky.
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: grumpyoldman] #1269655
03/23/09 08:17 PM
03/23/09 08:17 PM
Peachland NC
D
David Underwood Offline
trapper
David Underwood  Offline
trapper
D

Peachland NC
This is true. And a couple of idiots
on trapperman do not represent all trappers.

No signature (can't write).
Charter member of the HAL fan club.
Only 4 miles from neil!
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: grumpyoldman] #1269680
03/23/09 08:28 PM
03/23/09 08:28 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: grumpyoldman
I don't think that it was very smart to make a laughing matter of this war, but maybe if you weren't digging around the internet websites all day, posting this type of doom and gloom you seem to find, you would not be in such a mood. Just my opinion.

Actually you have no idea where I got this item from. In fact it is big news up here and is on all of our news channels. People who lost their family in the support of your troops are really upset because this is like spitting on the graves of our lost soldiers.

As for my finding gloom & doom you have no clue of the efforts I put forth to defend your right to trap by disassembling the anti trapping message. In fact a lot of articles are emailed me by folks that are trying to turn back the tide of HSUS & Peta and I don't have to search the web at all.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: David Underwood] #1269694
03/23/09 08:33 PM
03/23/09 08:33 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: David Underwood
This is true. And a couple of idiots
on trapperman do not represent all trappers.

And that is why I asked for assistance in letting Fox know that Gutfeld made a very bad mistake in his round table satire. It's folks like Gutfeld that destroy & desensitize people and make them act as those taunting the police officers did. Just because vile dehumanizing satire is presented, doesn't mean that it shouldn't be challenged by good people.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1269699
03/23/09 08:36 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Mira, that was the most bone-headed commentator on the worst news show on FOX News. So consider the source.

I can't/won't apologize as an American because that fool doesn't speak for my country.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: bglong] #1269700
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: bglong
Fox news is the best thing we have going in our media besides Talk Radio. That being said, I cannot for the life of me understand why they have those idiots on Red Eye on there. And you are right, it is DISGRACEFUL. Why some of the regulars appear as guests I do not understand either.

Mira, I appreciate all your work on this forum. I also appreciate the brave Canadian soldiers that have stood with our forces to strengthen our position.

As a regular Fox News Viewer, I will write to complain. I would love to see that show cancelled anyway.

I am sorry for people who cannot appreciate your loyalty to your troops. They probably can't appreciate it because they aren't loyal to their own. I apologize that one of our networks allowed such drivel.

Bill

I also enjoy Fox but if they go wrong , I will address that factor. Diod so the other day with Fox's Bill O'Rielly calling Carrie Underwood a Patriot.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: James] #1269729
03/23/09 08:41 PM
03/23/09 08:41 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: James
Mira, that was the most bone-headed commentator on the worst news show on FOX News. So consider the source.

I can't/won't apologize as an American because that fool doesn't speak for my country.

Jim

Nor would I ask you personally to apologize James. However I would hope that folks would try and understand that we must stand together when such pieces are offered and denounce them to their BOSSES. This is big news here in Canada and our Prime Minister is already receiving enough flak for sending troops on an UN mission in support of US policy to try and get terrorists defeated on their own soil and keep Taliban from executing woman for being raped or a myriad of reasons that we free people find appalling.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1269747
03/23/09 08:45 PM
03/23/09 08:45 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Well, Mira, I understand the Canadian sense of outrage. After all, you're only in Afghanistan to honor your NATO treaty obligations.

But we have a lot of bozos here in the US and I can't go on letter-writing campaigns for all of them. If it's any help, I refused to watch "Redeye" even before this fiasco.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Blackdog] #1269753
03/23/09 08:46 PM
03/23/09 08:46 PM
Upstate NY
F
frwo25 Offline
trapper
frwo25  Offline
trapper
F

Upstate NY
Originally Posted By: Blackdog

That about sums it up right there!!!!!!!

These guys are a notch below the McKenzie brothers ... the only thing missing is the Elsinore beer and hosehead the dog. Remember these guys eh? Neither are a real news show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_&_Doug_McKenzie

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: ] #1269757
03/23/09 08:47 PM
03/23/09 08:47 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Mira, you are not all there if you thing the words from one tv personality speak for all Americans-

michael

And where have I ever given you reason to think my brain is addled. When wrongs are done I try to right them. Is that to difficult for you to understand? When someone offers a lie about traps I correct the lies and will defend the truth. When a video is offered that is false I address it. However if I am pointing out the lie all by myself, then by abdication of the rest of the people who know the video to be a lie, will allow the lie to become the norm.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: James] #1269760
03/23/09 08:48 PM
03/23/09 08:48 PM
Red Lion, PA.
Z
ZSTRINE Offline
trapper
ZSTRINE  Offline
trapper
Z

Red Lion, PA.
Just remember this, If Canada was attacked the USA would be there to help. And also remember it could be your city/providence next to get planes flown into it.

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Sullivan K] #1269784
03/23/09 08:55 PM
03/23/09 08:55 PM
Allen County, Indiana
G
Geezerman Offline
trapper
Geezerman  Offline
trapper
G

Allen County, Indiana
I believe it is a very distasteful piece of satire/comedy. It even seemed to be pushing satire to the edge. Anybody can say anything they want-----doesn’t mean it’s true. A couple of people, on TV, do not speak for all United States citizens.

AMEN K, I agree

We hear that you cant judge groups of people by the actions of a few, so why then judge this BS comedy show?

I don't believe anyone watches it anyways. I did once, that was it.

Don't like the moral-less attitude, I feel its the problem we have in the US today, no morals , ethics or intergrity.

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: ZSTRINE] #1269793
03/23/09 09:01 PM
03/23/09 09:01 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: ZSTRINE
Just remember this, If Canada was attacked the USA would be there to help. And also remember it could be your city/providence next to get planes flown into it.

And just where do you think your folks landed when your air space was invaded and closed down to air traffic during 9/11 and who do you think it was that put your citizens up free of charge and even invited them into OUR homes till your air space was opened up again? Unlike the Hudson Ferry Service who took that plane to shore we never even sent a bill in to your Government for looking after your people.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1269836
03/23/09 09:20 PM
03/23/09 09:20 PM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
Really all this bickering back and forth is doing nothing but seperating us even more. This clip I agree is done in very poor taste and I don't agree with it at all.

But I think our world is getting way over sensitive and way to uncaring of mankind no matter where your from. And by these lines getting farther apart it makes problems bigger.

But to add more insult us throwing more baggage back and forth debating this doesn't make any more sense than the clip does.

I like knowing Canada is our ally and Mexico to. Are both of those countries equal to ours in military? No but we would all stand beside each other and fight the same. And to me a Canada's life compared to a American life is valued the same. People from both countries have lost and will sacrifice more lifes to protect one another. And to me that is what's important to remember here.

Both countries need each other so let's keep getting along and do what's right for everybody and support each other.

The clip is in poor taste but like said above don't take this clip for how most Americans feel about Canada.

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1269951
03/23/09 09:57 PM
03/23/09 09:57 PM
Wy
Cattrax Offline
trapper
Cattrax  Offline
trapper

Wy
Originally Posted By: Mira Trapper

michael

And where have I ever given you reason to think my brain is addled. When wrongs are done I try to right them. Is that to difficult for you to understand? When someone offers a lie about traps I correct the lies and will defend the truth. When a video is offered that is false I address it. However if I am pointing out the lie all by myself, then by abdication of the rest of the people who know the video to be a lie, will allow the lie to become the norm.

Mira I can see why you and people in your country would take offence to this, and if it was the other way around it would be just as bad, there is some on here that make good points, but I do believe that michael obrien is not one of them, he likes to post to stir things up a lot on here, and if it was turned around he would be screaming too, we dont need comedy like this in the shape everything is in right now!!

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Cattrax] #1269982
03/23/09 10:12 PM
03/23/09 10:12 PM
Red Lion, PA.
Z
ZSTRINE Offline
trapper
ZSTRINE  Offline
trapper
Z

Red Lion, PA.
I think you are taking this a little far. The episode was very tasteless and crude. Do you hate all Americans now? Why would you let one show make you so mad? These are the same type people that make fun of their own mothers, not right but they do. If you are so upset about this, take your frustration and madness to Fox network instead of wasting so much time here. Thats what I would do.

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: racerboy108] #1269987
03/23/09 10:14 PM
03/23/09 10:14 PM
Iowa
G
gopherkiller Offline
trapper
gopherkiller  Offline
trapper
G

Iowa
First of all i do respect and appreciate the efforts of all the troops, ours and our allies. With that said I dont see alot of difference in the labels that have been applied by either the fox news idiots or Mira. I think that Mira's rebuttle should have been directed at the fox news idiots solely and not at Americans. This is a free country and with that we all have to listen to alot of BS, in America we are numb to alot it and most just shut it out. I hope you know i do not agree with the news idiots but feel defensive when in your fit of rage you pit America against Canada instead of solely where the blame lies which is against the fox news idiots.

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1269993
03/23/09 10:15 PM
03/23/09 10:15 PM
Texas (North)
Boomhawr Offline
trapper
Boomhawr  Offline
trapper

Texas (North)
Mira, I worked with afew Canadians a time or 2 in Afghanistan. I don't find this very funny eather. But, you see how we feel now? At least this wasn't your OWN country doing this to ya. We get it all the time FROM OUR OWN NEWS MEDIA! But, don't get me wrong, though. I do understand it ticking you off.. I'm not saying it shouldn't by ANY means at all. Just remember, we aren't ALL like that.

Skunk 1 (in a bag)
Coyote 1
Possum 1
Barn Rat 1
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: grumpyoldman] #1270058
03/23/09 10:37 PM
03/23/09 10:37 PM
MN
M
Mark K Offline
trapper
Mark K  Offline
trapper
M

MN
Originally Posted By: grumpyoldman

That is really not fair.

Mira provides many thousands of people the opportunity to see the antics of the antis and possibly do something such as writing to your politicians. If this was not important, he would not have his own section of this board named after him.

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mark K] #1270086
03/23/09 10:54 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

The majority of you folks get it and some don't but it should be obvious to all that my post isn't about slamming all Americans. It is about Americans standing up to that type of Satire against the people who are trying to help your troops get the job done and are there for your people when needed. If you look at my first post it was about people answering such ignorance by getting you folks to give Fox a piece of your mind about such crass actions.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mark K] #1270087

M
michael_obrien
Unregistered
michael_obrien
Unregistered
M

Cat,

Not trying to stir anything. He is simply wrong if he thinks one person speaks for all iof the US.

For some reason he is all about us vs them- why else would he go on about them putting up "our people" over 9/11.

michael

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: ] #1270096
03/23/09 11:00 PM
03/23/09 11:00 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Cat,

Not trying to stir anything. He is simply wrong if he thinks one person speaks for all iof the US.

For some reason he is all about us vs them- why else would he go on about them putting up "our people" over 9/11.

michael

And where the ell did I claim it was one person speaking for all Americans or pitting our country against yours??. Is your reading ability that challenged? In fact this is about the ignorance of one of your biggest and most watched TV news Channels spitting on the graves of Canadian soldiers. Where have I ever offered such ignorance against your soldiers. In fact I have been very forceful in offering defense of your country and your armed forces.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: ] #1270104
03/23/09 11:04 PM
03/23/09 11:04 PM
Red Lion, PA.
Z
ZSTRINE Offline
trapper
ZSTRINE  Offline
trapper
Z

Red Lion, PA.
This thread needs axed. Its just insane to argue about this.

Mira, It just seemed like you were putting all Americans into one basket. It was disgraceful, but it was one person.

Mira must have someone close to him in the Canadian military. Anyone of you that have family or friends in the military would not tolerate another U.S. citizen talking bad about our military let alone another country joking about it.

I understand your frustration but it should be vented towards someone else, like the source

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: ZSTRINE] #1270121
03/23/09 11:11 PM
03/23/09 11:11 PM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
I don't believe Mira meant to sound like he was attacking or accusing us Americans. I think he was just wanting some support to try to eliminate this stuff from happening.

It's tough sometimes to word things perfectly to not offend people when you feel so passionate about something.

So let's cut him a little slack and try to really think about what he was trying to tell us.

The clip is in poor taste but yes it don't represent Americans point of view.

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: racerboy108] #1270153
03/23/09 11:24 PM
03/23/09 11:24 PM

M
michael_obrien
Unregistered
michael_obrien
Unregistered
M

seriously Mira.

Have any canadian comedians ever made fun of Americans? Nobody is spitting on any graves. You need to take your overly-dramatic prom queen attitude elsewhere. One tv moron said something stupid, get over it. There are probably more Americans who think it was dumb than Canadians.

Look what we gave up and sacraficed for France and how do they treat us?

My family has a very long and distinguished military history so you can stow that business about not knowing about sacrafices.

Your country is in it with us. You would have more to stand on if they were actually fighting people in the US, but they are not. They are fighting in a foregin country for freedom, not for the US. We are all in this together, and if your country backs out because of one stupid journalist it shows a lot about how much you are willing to sacrafice for freedom.

Look at what we have been through. We've lost almost 100 times (100 times, not 100 more) as many soldiers in these wars yet our recruiting numbers are WAY up. There are liberal jerks all around the world who think we are arrogant and overstepping our grounds in tryingn to spread freedom, yet we still keep plugging on, fighting the good fight.

I am truly sorry if some American offended you, but you need to get a little thicker skin if you want to survive in the world today.

michael

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: racerboy108] #1270159
03/23/09 11:26 PM
03/23/09 11:26 PM

M
michael_obrien
Unregistered
michael_obrien
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By: racerboy108
I don't believe Mira meant to sound like he was attacking or accusing us Americans. I think he was just wanting some support to try to eliminate this stuff from happening.

It's tough sometimes to word things perfectly to not offend people when you feel so passionate about something.

So let's cut him a little slack and try to really think about what he was trying to tell us.

Wrong, I have had some of my closest friends over there and we tragically lost one a couple years ago. We have the 1st ammemdment in this country and morons are allowed to say what they want.

Am I mistaken or is this a TRAPPING website?

michael

Last edited by michael_obrien; 03/23/09 11:33 PM.
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: ZSTRINE] #1270162
03/23/09 11:27 PM
03/23/09 11:27 PM
Maine
S
sandman Offline
trapper
sandman  Offline
trapper
S

Maine
Mira,you do have the right to be angry about this.While some say"it's only comedy" comedy often reflects real opinions and the fact is American arrogance as displayed on that little clip is real.However,as many others on here have also stated,not all Americans are as ignorant as those buffoons.

James Arsenault

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: ] #1270186
03/23/09 11:37 PM
Iowa
G
gopherkiller Offline
trapper
gopherkiller  Offline
trapper
G

Iowa
"We have Canadians dying in theaters of war trying to protect YOUR TROOPS"
"...soon yourselves standing alone in this WORLD."
I am sure this was just a poor choice of words said in the heat of expressing a thought but are offensive to me. The war is against terrorism and we are in it together. The war on terror is to protect the WORLD against terror and the sacrafices made by all countries involved through the loss of lives of loved ones are not taken lightly by me or my family. When i meet an old veteren and visit with them i routinely tell them thanks for what they have done and shake their hand.
I dont mean to attack Mira but only to point out that i can read and did...

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: sandman] #1270189
NRV, Virginia
T
Tioga Trapper Offline
trapper
Tioga Trapper  Offline
trapper
T

NRV, Virginia
Some of the posts on here are as ignorant and pathetic as the show in question!

--Tioga

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: ZSTRINE] #1270206
03/23/09 11:45 PM
03/23/09 11:45 PM
Texas (North)
Boomhawr Offline
trapper
Boomhawr  Offline
trapper

Texas (North)
Anyone of you that have family or friends in the military would not tolerate another U.S. citizen talking bad about our military let alone another country joking about it.

The words "Dixie Chicks" comes to mind. mad That mess happened while I was over there. Then they had the stupidity to ask to go on a USO tour. crazy We said to send them on over. smirk

Skunk 1 (in a bag)
Coyote 1
Possum 1
Barn Rat 1
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Boomhawr] #1270246
03/24/09 12:05 AM
03/24/09 12:05 AM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: Boomhawr
Anyone of you that have family or friends in the military would not tolerate another U.S. citizen talking bad about our military let alone another country joking about it.

The words "Dixie Chicks" comes to mind. mad That mess happened while I was over there. Then they had the stupidity to ask to go on a USO tour. crazy We said to send them on over. smirk

And I remember your reflections of respect in the thread showing the kid saluting our troops in Holland. You are the kinda person that our troops would be proud to serve beside.

You might have served there with my daughter or son in law. They have both served two tours in Afghanistan. They were both in Bosnia. My Son in law also served in the Golan heights. My son is also in the military and expecting his tour soon. They are university grads that decided to serve their country in these dangerous times. The vast majority of the posters in this thread get it but some refuse to understand how this plays out around the world. When one of your major news channels offers tripe like this against one of your strongest allies and most willing supporters , can some US citizens be so numbed that they can't understand how shallow it makes Americans look? Do you think that France , Germany and other European countries are not laughing over how such ignorance is doted out on your allies. My post was a wake up hoping that most Americans would understand that such satire is neither funny nor would I expect it to be it be supported by anyone but Michael Moore, Phil Donahue, or Susan Sharandan who definitely want to chase American Allies away.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1270384
03/24/09 02:38 AM
03/24/09 02:38 AM
Texas (North)
Boomhawr Offline
trapper
Boomhawr  Offline
trapper

Texas (North)
Originally Posted By: Mira Trapper
[...............And I remember your reflections of respect in the thread showing the kid saluting our troops in Holland. You are the kinda person that our troops would be proud to serve beside.

You might have served there with my daughter or son in law. They have both served two tours in Afghanistan.

Thanks Mira For the complament there.

Were eather of them ever in Kabul? That's were I was.

I remember while I was there, things that happened, and I was RIGHT THERE when it happened, witnessing it with my own eyes. Then, was get back to the base, and see the "NEWS RELEASE" crazy(what a joke) and it was NOTHING like I just SAW WITH MY OWN EYES. Some folks couldn't understand why I didn't fallow any of it on the news when I got home. I ussually said, "I just lived it, why would I want to see it on tv now". But, it was also cause I new not to trust what they said on there anyway. I'd just wait til I got to my base and got the reports threw our chain of command.

Skunk 1 (in a bag)
Coyote 1
Possum 1
Barn Rat 1
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Boomhawr] #1270449
03/24/09 07:49 AM
03/24/09 07:49 AM
iowa
H
horst Offline
trapper
horst  Offline
trapper
H

iowa
My supervisors Canadian, we give each other a lot of crap every day.He showed me the clip yesterday and I for once had nothing to say, I didnt see the humor in it I gueese.Nobody has to help our military, they choose to.Thats not something to take lightly or make fun of IMHO.

Saying that we put up with it here everyday doesnt really justify it, if we dont like our soldiers made fun of what makes it right for us to make fun of our allies soldiers?

Whoever said our marines and army could do it themselves better read some history, weve had allies in every war weve ever fought, we very seldom do it alone, hardly anyone thats successfull ever does.

On the bright side theres idiots in every country, we dont have a monopoly on them

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: horst] #1270494
03/24/09 08:40 AM
03/24/09 08:40 AM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Kandahar but neither of them was there at the same time. My son in law spent more time there then my daughter did but they were both there twice. My daughter would be serving in Canada and he would be on tour & then my son in law return and my daughter would be over on tour. Same with Bosnia and the other places they serve there country in. They don't see much time together as it is and then to have their time together treated like its a day at the spa.
Reading this thread I think the over riding factor through out is folks are getting the press they deserve today. My family hates the unpatriotic press for the same reason as you. They see the unfairness of risking your life for a people/home they love. My kids signed on to defend you and we ,from terrorists. To have that commitment, destroyed by blind idiots that masquerade as informed journalists or satirical piranhas??? Meanwhile girls are going to school in Kabul. Women aren't being shot in soccer stadiums where the audience was forced to attend by the Taliban for being raped. We preach democracy & equality but the greater portion of our journalists do everything they can to retard it's value around the world. And I say we because a core of our journalists are just as callous and ignorant as yours. As a Canadian who understands just how big Fox news is in the bigger outlay of news in North America,my complaint is not about three idiots at a round table. It is about one of the biggest American News forces giving the okay to ridicule one of your greatest allies.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: ] #1270515
03/24/09 09:00 AM
03/24/09 09:00 AM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
Originally Posted By: racerboy108

Wrong, I have had some of my closest friends over there and we tragically lost one a couple years ago. We have the 1st ammemdment in this country and morons are allowed to say what they want.

Am I mistaken or is this a TRAPPING website?

michael

I guess you'll have to explain what I am wrong about here. Your answers don't make any sense to my post.

And what's with the question about this being a trapping website? If you mean that this isn't trapping related and your upset about it then I would suggest you go to the strictly trapping section.

Seems to me you are a very defensive person and are defending the clowns that did the clip.

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: racerboy108] #1270608
03/24/09 10:22 AM
03/24/09 10:22 AM
East-Central WI
B
BBLWI 2 Offline
trapper
BBLWI 2  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central WI
Monday morning "partriots" really are usetting. Like watching the View for crying out loud. As militant against the Viet Nam
War as many in this country were and the abuse many of us took I never remember seeing media disgrace the Aussies, Phillipinos and yes some of the Canadians in our company that volunteered. We have taken Neo Conservative Nationalism to a new low.

Bryce

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: BBLWI 2] #1270652
03/24/09 11:06 AM
03/24/09 11:06 AM
Wetzel County, WV
C
Chasin Reds Offline
trapper
Chasin Reds  Offline
trapper
C

Wetzel County, WV
Mira, I will apologoze for what was said, even though one news media person does not speak for the entire country, that is just about all the world sees of the U.S.,
Please don't let the ignorant ramblings of the media lessen the the bravery your family has shown, with the exceptions of some of the local news people, the media in this country is trash that rarely broadcasts the truth, and does not warrant even the time to watch it.

Josh

Trap Hard, Trap Clean, Jeremiah Johnson would be proud(some say he's dead some say he never will be)
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: upstateNY] #1270731
03/24/09 11:47 AM
03/24/09 11:47 AM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

A few things to articulate (1) This wasn't about the average American Citizen although I know a small number of Americans are every bit as ignorant as that Round table discussion was supposed to represent. (2) This was about how Fox as a major news medium out of the American Media mix, actually condoned that crass visual and ignorance by releasing it. (3) It added fuel to the liberals in our nation to deride the Americans for being a nation of disrespectful war mongers ridiculing their own allies as morons and illiterates. (4) It highlighted the reality that such a medium could ridicule any sovereign nation that isn't America. What they did was subject Canadians to accepting what ever crap the American Media wants to fire at it's allies and thus upgrade their own sense of importance & arrogance. I have defended the US against some folks up here that despise Americans because of pieces like Gutfeld and company offer. At the same time as those pinheads were ridiculing our army our Highway of Heroes was readying for yet another group of Canadian Flag draped coffins to arrive. What rest will their families get knowing how their children/siblings wives or husbands were written of as slackards and useless pieces of crap by Gutfeld & FOX. Fox executives and that round table should be handcuffed and shipped to Canada and made to stand on that Highway of Heroes beside those wives/children/mothers/fathers/brothers and sisters as our fallen dead are repatriated into fresh graves. Maybe then they could learn what crass ignorance buys the arrogant, in the world of REAL PEOPLE.

When 9/11 happened the streets of Ramala cheered & you saw them cheer on your TV sets. Did Michael Moore & Susan Sharandon, Phil Donohue or Gutfeld see the people of Canada weep for your people? We did and we gathered in churches & fields throughout Canada expressing our sorrow and as a nation we joined yours as allies because we felt a need to stop more 9/11s from happening. Fox did an excellent job of thanking us and not many Canadians that don't understand the value of Fox as a media Giant in the US of A so we know this issue is bigger then 3 ignorant arrogant pinheads gathered around a table offering vile crass remarks about an Allie. In fact that act was condoned and rubber stamped by Fox News.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1270795
03/24/09 12:35 PM
03/24/09 12:35 PM
Pa
W
Wright Brothers Offline
trapper
Wright Brothers  Offline
trapper
W

Pa
I did not read all of this, and turned off the link in disgust. Just want to say. We are not all like that. In fact no one in my world is that way and many would be beside you with knuckles ahoy.

Media does these stunts to get ratings and attention. Much like we see on these forums.

Where I live the media viewing area is Pittsburgh. I can not watch the network news other than weather, and that is many times botched. When I go out of that media zone and into a low populated area, "the news" is like a breath of fresh air.

In my time I've witnessed that the media and the reports from people who are there are NEVER consistant with one another.

"This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL." I agree and plead that you guys not group all Americans as such.

I think many are hardened off to this, and if you can't beat em join em mentality. And many others distance themselves so not to worry about things they can not change.

I will not say sorry, because then I may feel like one of them, and I am not.

Man this is tough to write about. You sure know how to get us thinking over the years.

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Wright Brothers] #1270805
03/24/09 12:49 PM
03/24/09 12:49 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: Wright Brothers
I did not read all of this, and turned off the link in disgust. Just want to say. We are not all like that. In fact no one in my world is that way and many would be beside you with knuckles ahoy.

Media does these stunts to get ratings and attention. Much like we see on these forums.

Where I live the media viewing area is Pittsburgh. I can not watch the network news other than weather, and that is many times botched. When I go out of that media zone and into a low populated area, "the news" is like a breath of fresh air.

In my time I've witnessed that the media and the reports from people who are there are NEVER consistant with one another.

"This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL." I agree and plead that you guys not group all Americans as such.

I think many are hardened off to this, and if you can't beat em join em mentality. And many others distance themselves so not to worry about things they can not change.

I will not say sorry, because then I may feel like one of them, and I am not.

Man this is tough to write about. You sure know how to get us thinking over the years.

Which has always been one of my main goals. To get folks thinking. Our lifestyle is one of the best vocations for thinking as we travel from one trap to another with nobody but our shadow as company. Some of the best philosophers & deepest thinkers on the planet should be hunters and trappers who live in moments that require patience and the ability to think about many things while observing specific items that require our attention.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1271458
03/24/09 08:52 PM
03/24/09 08:52 PM

M
michael_obrien
Unregistered
michael_obrien
Unregistered
M

Racerboy,

I guess I quoted the wrong post. I ment to quote the one aboce mine that stated we would not tolerate anyone sayong anything bad about the American Military. We tolerate it every day. Unfortunately we have places like Berkeley and such that breed liberal hatred of our military-

michael

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: ] #1271565
03/24/09 09:37 PM
03/24/09 09:37 PM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
No problem Mike thanks for clarifying.

Last edited by racerboy108; 03/24/09 09:37 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread