East-Central WI
B
BBLWI 2 Offline
trapper
BBLWI 2  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central WI
Monday morning "partriots" really are usetting. Like watching the View for crying out loud. As militant against the Viet Nam
War as many in this country were and the abuse many of us took I never remember seeing media disgrace the Aussies, Phillipinos and yes some of the Canadians in our company that volunteered. We have taken Neo Conservative Nationalism to a new low.

Bryce

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: BBLWI 2] #1270652
03/24/09 11:06 AM
03/24/09 11:06 AM
Wetzel County, WV
C
Chasin Reds Offline
trapper
Chasin Reds  Offline
trapper
C

Wetzel County, WV
Mira, I will apologoze for what was said, even though one news media person does not speak for the entire country, that is just about all the world sees of the U.S.,
Please don't let the ignorant ramblings of the media lessen the the bravery your family has shown, with the exceptions of some of the local news people, the media in this country is trash that rarely broadcasts the truth, and does not warrant even the time to watch it.

Josh

Trap Hard, Trap Clean, Jeremiah Johnson would be proud(some say he's dead some say he never will be)
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: upstateNY] #1270731
03/24/09 11:47 AM
03/24/09 11:47 AM
Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

A few things to articulate (1) This wasn't about the average American Citizen although I know a small number of Americans are every bit as ignorant as that Round table discussion was supposed to represent. (2) This was about how Fox as a major news medium out of the American Media mix, actually condoned that crass visual and ignorance by releasing it. (3) It added fuel to the liberals in our nation to deride the Americans for being a nation of disrespectful war mongers ridiculing their own allies as morons and illiterates. (4) It highlighted the reality that such a medium could ridicule any sovereign nation that isn't America. What they did was subject Canadians to accepting what ever crap the American Media wants to fire at it's allies and thus upgrade their own sense of importance & arrogance. I have defended the US against some folks up here that despise Americans because of pieces like Gutfeld and company offer. At the same time as those pinheads were ridiculing our army our Highway of Heroes was readying for yet another group of Canadian Flag draped coffins to arrive. What rest will their families get knowing how their children/siblings wives or husbands were written of as slackards and useless pieces of crap by Gutfeld & FOX. Fox executives and that round table should be handcuffed and shipped to Canada and made to stand on that Highway of Heroes beside those wives/children/mothers/fathers/brothers and sisters as our fallen dead are repatriated into fresh graves. Maybe then they could learn what crass ignorance buys the arrogant, in the world of REAL PEOPLE.

When 9/11 happened the streets of Ramala cheered & you saw them cheer on your TV sets. Did Michael Moore & Susan Sharandon, Phil Donohue or Gutfeld see the people of Canada weep for your people? We did and we gathered in churches & fields throughout Canada expressing our sorrow and as a nation we joined yours as allies because we felt a need to stop more 9/11s from happening. Fox did an excellent job of thanking us and not many Canadians that don't understand the value of Fox as a media Giant in the US of A so we know this issue is bigger then 3 ignorant arrogant pinheads gathered around a table offering vile crass remarks about an Allie. In fact that act was condoned and rubber stamped by Fox News.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1270795
03/24/09 12:35 PM
03/24/09 12:35 PM
Pa
W
Wright Brothers Offline
trapper
Wright Brothers  Offline
trapper
W

Pa
I did not read all of this, and turned off the link in disgust. Just want to say. We are not all like that. In fact no one in my world is that way and many would be beside you with knuckles ahoy.

Media does these stunts to get ratings and attention. Much like we see on these forums.

Where I live the media viewing area is Pittsburgh. I can not watch the network news other than weather, and that is many times botched. When I go out of that media zone and into a low populated area, "the news" is like a breath of fresh air.

In my time I've witnessed that the media and the reports from people who are there are NEVER consistant with one another.

"This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL." I agree and plead that you guys not group all Americans as such.

I think many are hardened off to this, and if you can't beat em join em mentality. And many others distance themselves so not to worry about things they can not change.

I will not say sorry, because then I may feel like one of them, and I am not.

Man this is tough to write about. You sure know how to get us thinking over the years.

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Wright Brothers] #1270805
03/24/09 12:49 PM
03/24/09 12:49 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: Wright Brothers
I did not read all of this, and turned off the link in disgust. Just want to say. We are not all like that. In fact no one in my world is that way and many would be beside you with knuckles ahoy.

Media does these stunts to get ratings and attention. Much like we see on these forums.

Where I live the media viewing area is Pittsburgh. I can not watch the network news other than weather, and that is many times botched. When I go out of that media zone and into a low populated area, "the news" is like a breath of fresh air.

In my time I've witnessed that the media and the reports from people who are there are NEVER consistant with one another.

"This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL." I agree and plead that you guys not group all Americans as such.

I think many are hardened off to this, and if you can't beat em join em mentality. And many others distance themselves so not to worry about things they can not change.

I will not say sorry, because then I may feel like one of them, and I am not.

Man this is tough to write about. You sure know how to get us thinking over the years.

Which has always been one of my main goals. To get folks thinking. Our lifestyle is one of the best vocations for thinking as we travel from one trap to another with nobody but our shadow as company. Some of the best philosophers & deepest thinkers on the planet should be hunters and trappers who live in moments that require patience and the ability to think about many things while observing specific items that require our attention.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1271458
03/24/09 08:52 PM
03/24/09 08:52 PM

M
michael_obrien
Unregistered
michael_obrien
Unregistered
M

Racerboy,

I guess I quoted the wrong post. I ment to quote the one aboce mine that stated we would not tolerate anyone sayong anything bad about the American Military. We tolerate it every day. Unfortunately we have places like Berkeley and such that breed liberal hatred of our military-

michael

Re: This is absolutely DISGRACEFUL. [Re: ] #1271565
03/24/09 09:37 PM
03/24/09 09:37 PM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
No problem Mike thanks for clarifying.

Last edited by racerboy108; 03/24/09 09:37 PM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread