Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/

Exposed: The Secret Animal Rights Agenda Of America’s Next Regulatory Czar

Exposed: The Secret Animal Rights Agenda Of America’s Next Regulatory Czar

Barack Obama’s pick for “regulatory czar,” Harvard Law School Professor Cass Sunstein, may be the incoming president’s most popular appointment so far. Judging from his resume -- best-selling author, “pre-eminent legal scholar of our time,” and an endorsement from The Wall Street Journal -- we can almost understand why. Almost. Because as we’re telling the media today, there’s one troubling portion of the new Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) Administrator’s C.V. that has seems to have flown under everyone’s radar: Cass Sunstein is a radical animal rights activist.

Don’t believe us? Sunstein has made no secret of his devotion to the cause of establishing legal “rights” for livestock, wildlife, and pets. “[T]here should be extensive regulation of the use of animals in entertainment, scientific experiments, and agriculture,” Sunstein wrote in a 2002 working paper while at the University of Chicago Law school.

“Extensive regulation of the use of animals.” That's PETA-speak for using government to get everything PETA and the Humane Society of the United States can't get through gentle pressure or not-so-gentle coercion. Not exactly the kind of thing American ranchers, restaurateurs, hunters, and biomedical researchers (to say nothing of ordinary consumers) would like to hear from their next “regulatory czar.”

A version of the same paper also appeared as the introduction to Animal Rights: Current Debates and New Directions, a 2004 book that Sunstein co-edited with then-girlfriend Martha Nussbaum. In that book, Sunstein set out an ambitious plan to give animals the legal “right” to file lawsuits. We're not joking:

“[A]nimals should be permitted to bring suit, with human beings as their representatives, to prevent violations of current law … Any animals that are entitled to bring suit would be represented by (human) counsel, who would owe guardian like obligations and make decisions, subject to those obligations, on their clients’ behalf.”

It doesn't end there. Sunstein delivered a keynote speech at Harvard University’s 2007 “Facing Animals” conference. (Click here to watch the video; his speech starts around 39:00.) Keep in mind that as OIRA Administrator, Sunstein will have the political authority to implement a massive federal government overhaul. Consider this tidbit:

“We ought to ban hunting, I suggest, if there isn’t a purpose other than sport and fun. That should be against the law. It’s time now.”

Sunstein also argued in favor of “eliminating current practices such as greyhound racing, cosmetic testing, and meat eating, most controversially.”

He concluded his Harvard speech by expressing his “more ambitious animating concern” that the current treatment of livestock and other animals should be considered “a form of unconscionable barbarity not the same as, but in many ways morally akin to, slavery and mass extermination of human beings.” Sound familiar?

As the individual about to assume “the most important position that Americans know nothing about,” Sunstein owes the public an honest appraisal of his animal rights goals before taking office. Will the next four years be a dream-come-true for anti-meat, anti-hunting, and anti-everything-else radicals? Time will tell. For now, meat lovers might want to stock their freezers.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1129375
01/16/09 03:41 PM
01/16/09 03:41 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Why the Obama White House May Go to the Dogs
(and the Cows, and the Deer, and the Lab Rats)

Forget about Barack Obama's income tax-challenged Treasury Secretary or the conflict of interest controversy at the State Department. The most outrageous Obama appointee just might be Cass Sunstein, a Harvard Law School professor who's flying under everyone's radar and into a job that hardly anyone has ever heard of.

Cass Sunstein is slated to run the White House's Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. He's going to be America's chief "regulatory czar." And shocking new research from the Center for Consumer Freedom shows that he's a dedicated animal-rights zealot.
The 8 Biggest Celebrity Financial Mistakes

Hold on to your sirloin.

The anti-meat nuts at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and the anti-hunting lobbyists at the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) used to think that putting Dennis Kucinich in the White House would be their best hope of wielding real power in Washington . But even they didn't see Cass Sunstein coming. Sunstein has the legal mind of Chief Justice John Roberts and the animal-rights agenda of PETA president Ingrid Newkirk.

We're not talking about animal welfare---the idea of making sure we don't cause animals unnecessary suffering when we use them for food, clothing, entertainment, or lifesaving medical research. Sunstein believes in animal rights---the notion that people shouldn't "own" or "use" animals at all, for any purpose, no matter what the stakes are for mankind.

Cancer research? Not if lab rats are used against their will.

Hunting? Absolutely forbidden, especially if it's for sport.

Leather jackets? The cows need their skin more that you do.

Seeing-eye dogs? They're nothing more than slaves.

And that T-bone steak? Fuhgeddaboudit! If animals have any "rights" at all, the right to not be your dinner is at the top of the list.

All of this makes perfect sense to Cass Sunstein, who organized the "Chicago Project on Animal Treatment Principles" at the University of Chicago. He will soon have the political authority to push for a radical overhaul of the way the federal government regulates everything Americans do with animals.

How radical? Sunstein supports making sport hunting illegal, and completely phasing out the consumption of meat. And if that's not nutty enough, he's actually in favor of giving animals the legal right to sue people.

Think we're joking? Think again. Here's what Sunstein wrote in his 2004 book, Animal Rights: Current Debates and New Directions:

"[A]nimals should be permitted to bring suit, with human beings as their representatives ... Any animals that are entitled to bring suit would be represented by (human) counsel, who would owe guardian like obligations and make decisions, subject to those obligations, on their clients' behalf."

Conservative commentators have been openly fretting that Barack Obama may try to turn welfare entitlements and single-payer healthcare into a new Bill of Rights. But Cass Sunstein threatens to expand the whole concept of "rights" to include the rest of the animal kingdom.

That fish wriggling at the end of your hook could soon be a federal offense (if the fish doesn't file a lawsuit first). Don't say we didn't warn you.

Find out more at ConsumerFreedom.com.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1129444
01/16/09 04:11 PM
01/16/09 04:11 PM
Three Lakes,WI 72
C
corky Online content
trapper
corky  Online Content
trapper
C

Three Lakes,WI 72
Sickening but not unexpected. Attorney General Holder with his proven anti 2nd amendment agenda will hurt us even more.

Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1129451
01/16/09 04:13 PM
01/16/09 04:13 PM
somewhere in the middle of MT
D
DAVE SALYS-CWCP Offline
trapper
DAVE SALYS-CWCP  Offline
trapper
D

Some of you guys wanted bamama now you've got him and the rest of us have to pay the price for your blindness. It's gonna be a long four years.

Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #1129517
01/16/09 04:47 PM
01/16/09 04:47 PM
ORYGUN
scuffler Offline
trapper
scuffler  Offline
trapper

ORYGUN
Time to fight?????

If not now when????

"Islam is a religion of blood"
Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: scuffler] #1129621
01/16/09 05:36 PM
01/16/09 05:36 PM
middle wisconsin
M
mark81560 Offline
trapper
mark81560  Offline
trapper
M

middle wisconsin
every ones to afraid to fight scuffler. but ill be fightin even if by my self

Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: mark81560] #1129659
01/16/09 05:53 PM
01/16/09 05:53 PM
West Virginia
B
bglong Offline
trapper
bglong  Offline
trapper
B

West Virginia
CHANGE!

The country wanted it, I hope they aren't stupid enough to accept it!

Sorry if this offends some here who can't understand why the only sane position for us is conservative. The deck is being stacked and I hope everyone wakes up.

Never happier than when I smell just a little skunky.
Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: mark81560] #1129667
01/16/09 06:01 PM
01/16/09 06:01 PM
AR
C
Crowkiller Offline
trapper
Crowkiller  Offline
trapper
C

AR
OK, so it's time to fight. This thing is going to get bad quickly. Salizar, Holter etc. Where do we go. Who is our voice? Who will get the message out? All we have is the NRA and it will have it's own fights to handle. We're headed for a train wreck.

Crowkiller

Last edited by Crowkiller; 01/16/09 06:02 PM.
Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: bglong] #1129681
01/16/09 06:07 PM
01/16/09 06:07 PM
D
DAVE SALYS-CWCP Offline
trapper
DAVE SALYS-CWCP  Offline
trapper
D

Originally Posted By: bglong
CHANGE!

The country wanted it, I hope they aren't stupid enough to accept it!

Sorry if this offends some here who can't understand why the only sane position for us is conservative. The deck is being stacked and I hope everyone wakes up.

I'LL KEEP MY MONEY,MY FREEDOM AND MY GUNS! YOU CAN KEEP THE "CHANGE"

Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: Crowkiller] #1129699
01/16/09 06:15 PM
01/16/09 06:15 PM

C
canvasback
Unregistered
canvasback
Unregistered
C

My GSP has plenty of rights:

1. The right to free medical care for the rest of his life ( Ok, I pay for it grin)

2. The right to all the Meaty Bones he wants.

3. The right to a free biscuit each time we go through the drive thru at the bank.

4. The right to watch all the free cable tv he wants.

5. The right to have his own spot on the couch!

6. and my favorite!!! His own personal "Get out of the pound and bring GSP home anytime GSP gets lost for FREE" card from the Dog Warden. (Dog Warden is a good friend !! )grin

Yes, my dog has it good! grin

Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: ] #1129761
01/16/09 06:42 PM
01/16/09 06:42 PM
Nevada
thrstyunderwater Offline
trapper
thrstyunderwater  Offline
trapper

Nevada
Delete this post. NO POLITICS

Originally Posted by Ole Hawkeye
Pat, as usual, you are right....

Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: thrstyunderwater] #1129812
01/16/09 06:59 PM
01/16/09 06:59 PM
richmond virginia
N
Nextyeartrapper Offline
trapper
Nextyeartrapper  Offline
trapper
N

richmond virginia
thrsty

paul has said a couple times if it relates to sportsman aka trapping gun law etc. The post are okay I think.

anyways more bad news about obama

what you do today you got to sleep with tonight
Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: thrstyunderwater] #1129820
01/16/09 07:02 PM
01/16/09 07:02 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

This appointment directly affects trappers ,hunters,farmers and Ostriches whose heads are buried in the sand.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1129904
01/16/09 07:44 PM
01/16/09 07:44 PM
West Virginia
B
bglong Offline
trapper
bglong  Offline
trapper
B

West Virginia
LOL Mira...was that directed at anyone in particular?

Never happier than when I smell just a little skunky.
Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: Mira Trapper] #1129915
01/16/09 07:48 PM
01/16/09 07:48 PM
AR
C
Crowkiller Offline
trapper
Crowkiller  Offline
trapper
C

AR
Right on Mira Trapper. Waxman, who now chairs a committee on interstate commerce, conducted hearings for his pals at PETA and HSUS, in 1978 or 1979,(I forget the date, eventhough I was there), that would have banned the shipment of furs or traps across state lines. Be assured he will do this again because he is beholding to his pal who keep him in office. Henry Waxman is from Hollywood, CA. That, alone, tells you all you need to know.

Now, the stage is set for a host of antis to come to the forefront. It is their time to stand in the sun light and be heard.

Holder, anti gun. Attorney General.

Salizar, anti hunter, drill, trap...Will head Department of Interior. Hand picked by a PETA officers, and former Head of US Fish and Wildlife.

But the list goes on.

We're headed for a train wreck. But, Who pray to God, who will come to the aid of those with common sense?

Where will the people who live close to the land have representing us?

The Trappers. The gun owners. But also the commercial fishermen, the loggers, the miners, the farmers and ranchers, the oil drillers, the whalers and sealers, the hunting and fishing guides, even the Game and Fish agencies, race tracks, the circuses, the zoos, the rodeos, and let's not forget medical research.

Yeah, the train wreck is going to happen. That you can take to the bank. One issue at a time. Yet, we'll set here like sheep to the slaughter....waiting...just waiting.

Crowkiller

Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: bglong] #1129930
01/16/09 07:53 PM
01/16/09 07:53 PM
Michigan
M
Michigander Offline
trapper
Michigander  Offline
trapper
M

Michigan
just think how many times those antis got dropped on their head when they were babies... i dont worry about the taking away of meat because thats what runs our country!!! but taking away hunting might be a problem because they will twist every fact to make it sound like we torchure them or something. i hate animal rights activists!!!!

Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: Michigander] #1129936
01/16/09 07:56 PM
01/16/09 07:56 PM

B
BuckNE
Unregistered
BuckNE
Unregistered
B

Quote:
i dont worry about the taking away of meat because thats what runs our country

They don't have to take away your meat. All they have to do is regulate it so much that the cost of raising it will make it too expensive for you to eat. Don't believe me? Look what they did in California with the chickens. Every egg producer in California is now making plans to get out of the state before the new law goes into effect and they go bankrupt.

Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: ] #1129991
01/16/09 08:18 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

And that is the true story of control by incremental design.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: ] #1129993
AR
C
Crowkiller Offline
trapper
Crowkiller  Offline
trapper
C

AR
Buck, They say s--t runs down hill. California is on top of the hill. The chicken issue is just the tip of the iceberg. Look at trapping issues and gun ownership there. We set here with our head in sand and wait for the next shoe to drop. Well, they are going to start dropping within months...one after another. With the Windy City clown running the country, and those in that cornor at the helm, we're in for trouble. Yet, we are a voice in the wilderness.

Crowkiller

Re: Another bad choice?? Times are getting more bleak. [Re: bglong] #1129996
01/16/09 08:19 PM
01/16/09 08:19 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: bglong
LOL Mira...was that directed at anyone in particular?

Just Trappers, Hunters, Farmers and Ostriches who might come up for air every once in a while..

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread