Lures, Bait and Urine Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: bullheads [Re: Lufkin Trapper] #113728
02/28/07 08:32 AM
02/28/07 08:32 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

from what I've seen in texas a guy ought to be able to run a line in and around a bunch corn feeders and catch about as many coons as he can handle. You would have to get permission on a bunch of deer leases, but after their corn bill went down I'm sure it would be easy to get permissions.

One night near Lake Jackson, I flicked on my hog light and counted 18 sets of coon eyes in the area around a corn feeder.

Re: bullheads [Re: ] #114432
02/28/07 06:16 PM
02/28/07 06:16 PM
North Central Iowa
I
Iowa Trapper Offline
trapper
Iowa Trapper  Offline
trapper
I

North Central Iowa
Hey Dave arn't you doing a coon seminar at the FTA?

Proud Member of The ITA, FTA and NTA
Re: bullheads [Re: Lufkin Trapper] #114490
02/28/07 06:43 PM
02/28/07 06:43 PM
PA
W
walkingstick2 Offline
trapper
walkingstick2  Offline
trapper
W

PA
Mike Maryshada's shellfuish Bait..I carry a pocketfull of craft sticks or popsicle sticks and put bait on stick and shove into ground in back of pocket or on a high bank I put it above trap. It stinks like shellfish and works like shellfish. I will lat a fish oil trail at times. One jar goes an awful long way, keeps Mike employed and out of the woods and streams so it helps conserve wildlife.....I think 3 jars for 12 bucks and it will last for a hundred sets or more my way...Mac~

Although I have trapped over 50 years without a partner I am never alone...God and my Dad are always there with me.
Re: bullheads [Re: Lufkin Trapper] #114737
02/28/07 08:34 PM
02/28/07 08:34 PM
Brooklyn, Iowa 45 years old st...
K
k9. Offline
trapper
k9.  Offline
trapper
K

Brooklyn, Iowa 45 years old st...
Anything with fish in it. You can catch a lot of them late season on fox or coyote lures. I like baits, and have caught many with fish oil squirted on a bank that they are forced to go by.

If using bullheads for bait be careful Frozen bullhead fins become like razors, and will slash your hand open as you are getting them out of the freezer. Also when using them on the line, they will poke holes in gloves, etc. I would recommend you snip the fins off before you even freeze them for bait. Will save you some pain later.

EXPERIENCE TALKING

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91