Home

Bobcat .........stew

Posted By: RdFx

Bobcat .........stew - 02/11/07 01:32 AM

Cut bobcat meat into 3/4 inch stewing size piece. Add 1/8 tsp of savory and oregano. Season with pepper and salt according to ones taste. Sautee medium size onion sliced thinly in olive or canola oil till tranparent or carmalize by turning up heat and stirring onions till light brown in color. Cover bobcat meat with boiling water and simmer for one hour.
Add small potatoes, carrots and more onion if your tastes desire . Simmer for one hour and then 15 minutes before hour is done and vegetables are tender add sauteed onions. If you want a thicker stew make up flour gravy to add and thicken stew to your likings. Enjoy
Posted By: tstutz

Re: Bobcat stew - 02/03/09 02:19 AM

yum
Posted By: backriverguy

Re: Bobcat stew - 05/10/12 10:49 PM

RdFX you really eat bobcat?
Posted By: FOXCATCHER

Re: Bobcat stew - 07/14/12 09:36 PM

A lot of guys eat bobcat and mountain lion. They say it is nice white meat close to pork. Although this is second hand info because I have not tried it yet.

Don
Posted By: 07yzryder

Re: Bobcat stew - 12/27/13 09:05 PM

is there anything i need to look for in the meat before consuming? IE is there any obvious signs of bad meat or bacteria that would be visible so i know to stay away or just cook it all the way?

Definitely down to try anything once.
Posted By: trapperman83

Re: Bobcat stew - 02/06/14 08:35 AM

Keep saying I'm gonna do it on the next one. I heard its good.
Posted By: crossroads

Re: Bobcat stew - 09/16/14 10:54 AM

I've had cougar twice and look forward to having it again. Would like to try bobcat this winter, if I can find one willing to try on one of my traps.
Posted By: 1957

Re: Bobcat stew - 09/23/14 07:45 PM

I have had mountain lion and yes it is very white meat and made any way you want. It is always VERY good!
Posted By: mmtrapper

Re: Bobcat stew - 03/22/15 07:18 PM

Yes Mt. Lion is a white meat like pork , very good !!
Posted By: star flakes

Re: Bobcat stew - 03/25/15 12:13 AM

Theodore Roosevelt wrote in Through the Brazilian Wilderness that he found mountain lion delicious, and ate jaguar as well. Biblically I have often wondered about eating predator meats, but I remember reading in The Trapper when Tom Krause was editor there, of two trappers who ate bobcat, and their experience was that, the more they chewed the meat, the larger it became like bubblegum in their mouths. I wonder if that cat was an old male.
There certainly are enough mountain lions infesting America now, so trappers, houndsmen and hunters will have a chance to partake of this culinary delight.
Posted By: Viper

Re: Bobcat stew - 05/19/15 02:19 PM

Actually made a chili one time with bobcat meat. It was very tasty and son loved it. I started out with onion/garlic in the dutch oven. put 1/2 inch to 3/4 cubes of bobcat meat and simmered till browned. added the sauce and tomatoes and light kidney beans with all the regular seasoning and simmered for a couple hours. I added chic peas just before ready to serve.
Posted By: crow1971

Re: Bobcat stew - 06/05/15 08:48 PM

Mmmm, bar-b-q'ed cat, yummy!!!! crazy
Posted By: charles

Re: Bobcat stew - 01/14/23 03:36 AM

A biology professor at NC State used to have a wild game dinner and bobcat was the major attraction.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums