Peppers........JALAPENO PEPPER JELLY - 08/12/08 05:22 PM

JALAPENO PEPPER JELLY

3 LARGE BELL PEPPERS

12 LARGE JALAPENO

1 1/2 C. CIDER VINEGAR

6 CUPS SUGAR

2 TSP. LIME JUICE

1 BOTTLE OF CERTO FOR MAKING JELLY

REMOVE SEED FROM PEPPERS AND BLEND THOROUGHLY IN BLENDER. LET SET UNTIL FOAM GOES AWAY.

MIX PEPPERS, SUGAR AND VINEGAR AND BRING TO A ROLLING BOIL. ADD 1 BOTTLE (LAST I BOUGHT WAS IN A FOIL PACKAGE.) BRING TO ANOTHER ROLLING BOIL FOR 1 MINUTE. REMOVE FROM HEAT AND ADD LIME JUICE AND A FEW DROPS OF GREEN FOOD COLORING. PUT IN JARS AND SEAL.

RED PEPPER FOR RED JELLY

GREEN PEPPERS FOR GREEN JELLY.

TO SERVE: USING RITZ CRACKERS, SPEAD WITH CREAM CHEESE AND A LITTLE JELLY ON TOP. MAYBE SERVED WITH MEAT.

If you want to make sure it is HOT... leave a few seeds in... but it can get to HOT in a hurry.....
Posted By: Blaze

Re: JALAPENO PEPPER JELLY - 09/19/08 06:04 AM

My son makes a Jalapeno pepper jelly, we look forward to getting a few jars every year, which reminds me.....we are out! I know he just made up a batch or two I'll have to get some.
Posted By: Snowshoe Hunter

Re: JALAPENO PEPPER JELLY - 11/27/08 04:22 PM

We make Jalapeno Jam. Love the stuff.
Posted By: 160user

Re: JALAPENO PEPPER JELLY - 11/28/08 12:29 PM

You Can mix some wild berries in with it (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries)also. You can put it on different meat to give your meat a great flavor also. I usually spread it all over my meat and then bake it. The best is a pot roast.

Cedar
Posted By: uplandpointer

Re: JALAPENO PEPPER JELLY - 04/05/09 02:06 AM

if you slice the peppers it makes the jelly alot more apppealing to look at when it is served. the different peppers hold there color when sliced and turn a bland green color when blended.

Also it is very good on most every thing on the grill.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums