Home

Fowl..........doves

Posted By: Yodog

Fowl..........doves - 09/02/07 11:03 PM

First you need a good hunting partner that can hit the little things (like my boy) grin

Clean and breast out the doves then soak them in salt water overnight.

The salt water will draw out the blood

Place the doves in a cake pan like this

Then make up some stuffing using a little extra water and some condensed milk. Cover the doves with the stuffing mixture.

Cover the pan with tin foil put them in the oven on 350 for 30 min or until doves are thoroughly cooked.

Here's the finished product!! Sqaush, tomatoes, cucumbers, grapes, and watermelon all from the garden.

Posted By: cathryn

Re: How I like my doves. Easy recipie w/pics - 09/02/07 11:05 PM

great looking hunting partner you have there yodog.

the recipe look sgood..ill look forward to seeing the finished product.
Posted By: duck killer

Re: How I like my doves. Easy recipie w/pics - 09/02/07 11:11 PM

sounds good i just wish i could find some dove right now.
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: How I like my doves. Easy recipie w/pics - 09/03/07 01:04 AM

That looks great! Puts the cold piece of pizza and the glass of chocolate milk I had for dinner to shame.
Posted By: Yodog

Re: How I like my doves. Easy recipie w/pics - 09/03/07 01:05 AM

Man that was GOOD!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: sccrstar011

Re: How I like my doves. Easy recipie w/pics - 09/03/07 01:25 AM

How do you clean a dove? Ive heard they are delicious and we have some around here, but I don't know how to get them from the field to the table in terms of field dressing and what not.
Posted By: Creek Trapper

Re: How I like my doves. Easy recipie w/pics - 09/03/07 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: sccrstar011
How do you clean a dove? Ive heard they are delicious and we have some around here, but I don't know how to get them from the field to the table in terms of field dressing and what not.

I only got one tonight. But this is what I did.

(No knife necessary)
Step 1. Shoot a dove, and do not worry about them 'till all done hunting.
Step 2. When ready to clean, pull off the head and wings (twist wings around a couple times first then pull off).
Step 3. Go to the breast, and find the bottom of it (the end towards the legs). Get your thumb under the breast and pull out. It now should only be connected at one side (the side towards the head).
Step 4. With your left thumb (assuming you pulled the breast with right thumb), find a hole right underneath the breast and jam your thumb down there as far as you can get it. Then with the right thumb/hand, pull the breast off.
Step 5. Now you should pull the skin and feathers and other junk off the breast. Rinse it good until it looks like Yodog's first step, and follow from there.
Posted By: sccrstar011

Re: How I like my doves. Easy recipie w/pics - 09/03/07 01:44 AM

Thank you Creek Trapper. That sounds easy enough.
Posted By: Gary

Re: How I like my doves. Easy recipie w/pics - 09/03/07 02:32 AM

looks great yodog !! congrats on takin out the lil one and a great hunt !! as far as cleanin dove ... place the doce breast up in both hands (cup it in ya hands) useing ya thumbs press down in the center of the breatbone and push downward .... it will part the skin on the breast exposing the breast meat ... then run ya thumb up under the breast bone and pull ... its that easy \:\)
Posted By: TEXAS SLIM

Re: How I like my doves. Easy recipie w/pics - 12/13/07 04:43 AM

I like to take the meat off of the keel so they are boneless, put a slice of japaleno pepper between the breast and tender then wrap with thick sliced bacon, secure this with a wet toothpick, then cook on the grill. You can also smear a little cream cheese in with the japaleno, it is really good
Posted By: Bogdonkey

Re: How I like my doves. Easy recipie w/pics - 01/09/08 02:29 AM

Awesome! Thanks. Nice pictures by the way.
Posted By: Muskydan

Re: How I like my doves. Easy recipie w/pics - 01/09/08 05:28 PM

man that looked good unfortunately I am unable to hunt for the tasty doves in my home state. But thanks for the recipie!
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: How I like my doves. Easy recipie w/pics - 01/31/08 10:43 PM

Just posted an inquiry...then I saw your post! Great idea!
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: How I like my doves. Easy recipie w/pics - 02/10/08 01:09 AM

Thanks Yodog for the receipe!

AND now the Blackberry Cobbler!!!!!!!!!!!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums