Home

Green Belly Bobcat

Posted By: Cabezon

Green Belly Bobcat - 01/19/19 09:14 PM

I picked up a very nice bobcat from a buddy, skinned it and around the lower belly it's a little green. What is a good way to remove that? I fleshed it and some is still present and I do not want any slippage.
Posted By: Terrence j

Re: Green Belly Bobcat - 01/19/19 09:20 PM

I had a coyote like that this week and I sprayed it with bleach and water mix and it got rid of the smell and the green was gone when I turned it. Not sure if it will slip but it sure looked and smelled better. And made me feel better about not losing a nice furred coyote
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: Green Belly Bobcat - 01/19/19 10:23 PM

A little green is nothing to worry about. The effect of green belly is often over stressed by many. Although green belly can be serious it is common on a lot of fur animals. It is not a serious defect until it turns really dark brown or black, then you will start to see some slippage of fur. I often have coyotes hanging for 2-3 days (even 5) in the shop at 40 - 60 degree F temperature with no problem. The initially frozen coyote in this picture was hung face down for 5 days and was perfectly fine re fur slippage. If you’re worried about it, wiping the area with vinegar or 3% hydrogen peroxide solution will kill the bacteria causing the rot. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Cabezon

Re: Green Belly Bobcat - 01/20/19 04:00 AM

Thank you guys for responding. This cat is really nice and I just didn't want to lose it. Thank you
© 2024 Trapperman Forums