Home

Growing mushrooms

Posted By: gryhkl

Growing mushrooms - 11/10/14 10:58 AM

Have any of you tried to grow mushrooms from the plugs sold online? Oyster and sheepshead, mostly?
My wife and I want to try them if the success rate is high for most people who use them. We'd also like to get some for my brother for Christmas if they are like to grow.

Any experiences you've had with them would help us make up our minds.
Posted By: Cibarius

Re: Growing mushrooms - 11/10/14 02:39 PM

Contact mikeologystore.com great people.
Posted By: Pasadena

Re: Growing mushrooms - 11/11/14 10:31 AM

http://www.fungi.com/shop/plug-spawn-for-log-and-stump-cultivation/plug-spawn.html
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Growing mushrooms - 11/13/14 10:35 PM

Have you guys tried growing them from the kits these places sell?
Posted By: Cibarius

Re: Growing mushrooms - 11/14/14 06:56 PM

I pick and preserve enough wild shrooms to last all year. I know one person that grew the king oysters from mike's and had more than they needed from one straw log.
Posted By: brocky 100

Re: Growing mushrooms - 11/15/14 04:51 PM

I have growin Oyster's on poplar logs years ago. Bougth spawn from a supplier in Oconto or Oconto Falls wisconsin. They produced for three years. A good supply of mushrooms from mid summer to late fall, I bougth 4 different spawns from early to late. white, yellow and purple. The only bad thing was the little fly magots that got to them before me. Had to pick them before they were fully grown to help avoid this prolem. If I did it now I would screen the area with the smallest screening possible. I think that would solve the problem. Hope this helps any one thinking of growing them.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums