Home

other wild roots that can supplement income..

Posted By: olerootdigger

other wild roots that can supplement income.. - 07/10/13 02:24 PM

Hi my name is Jim Farmer and Im a new member.. Hello to all... I am an avid outdoorsman.. a construction worker.. among other things.. As all may know the economy isnt too excellent and in some areas my trades are not that active though i try to be diverse in my skill sets... I am looking to fall back on my roots... no pun intended... I have been hunting ginseng since i was 12 which is now 30 years.. I have also hunted yeller root, otherwise known as yellow poccoon or goldenseal... I know there are many roots botanicals and herbs which have a viable market such as bloodroot and star grub root... etc etc.. Im needing help in finding other herbs with a market so I can be diverse in my wildcrafting... I was wondering if anyone has information on where the buyers market for these other roots and herbs and where i can find contact information and current price lists... I live in western Kentucky. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. I dont want a bailout from the government or unneeded help from them and as I said would like to fall back on my roots... Thank you ahead of time .... Bless God America
Posted By: pcr2

Re: other wild roots that can supplement income.. - 07/11/13 12:38 PM

it's a funny market.raise the price on a root and the market is quickly flooded.for example skunk cabbage went to almost 8 a pound a few years back and was almost worthless the next year.this year bloodroot is hot but i don't know if that market can be flooded.most root questions on here can be answered with good info from don wolf.
Posted By: crawdad crawford

Re: other wild roots that can supplement income.. - 07/12/13 10:44 PM

Don is the man to talk to....some roots are just plain not worth the trouble/money to dig.
Posted By: olerootdigger

Re: other wild roots that can supplement income.. - 07/14/13 07:23 PM

thanks yall... don contacted me and he is close to my area.. i appreciate the input... god bless..
© 2024 Trapperman Forums