Home

bloodroot wars

Posted By: pcr2

bloodroot wars - 06/22/13 12:42 PM

always had to solicit roots except sang.phone's ringin off the hook for bloodroot this year though.
Posted By: Turtle2

Re: bloodroot wars - 06/23/13 01:23 AM

Any reason for the demand? I have more than I could possibly dig. Prices, shipping, Quantities, buyers info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: bloodroot wars - 06/23/13 01:52 PM

for your area i would contact don wolf on here as he is paying 12.00 a pound right now.it has 2 recently found uses i don't have time to get into but feel this root will be bigger than goldenseal in the next five years.get planting i am.
Posted By: don Wolf

Re: bloodroot wars - 06/23/13 04:56 PM

I sent you a pm turtle2.
Posted By: panax hunter

Re: bloodroot wars - 07/01/13 12:20 AM

is that price for real? here in PA all i can get is $5 a lb. Or is it to early yet? I to have more than i care to dig. Seems to be everywhere in thick patches along old railroad beds.

Re: bloodroot wars - 07/01/13 05:12 AM

Send me some and I will show you how real the price is. You must handle it good. in other words, good and clean and 100 per cent dry or close to it. The roots must snap when you try to bend them. No stems or off roots in the bunch. Just normal digging preparations, unless you handle poor quality put up and if that is the case, I don't want it.

Re: bloodroot wars - 07/01/13 01:11 PM

our seeds are finally all dropped and ready.dug out my first bed yesterday with 2 buyers watching over my shoulder.they were shocked at the size a root will grow to from a seed if planted in super soil.this bed was started from seeded dirt and the roots average bigger around than your thumb in 2 years.found there may be even more upswing of this market to come.bloodroot is easy to dig but cleaning can be tedious without a good set up.
Posted By: panax hunter

Re: bloodroot wars - 07/02/13 01:21 AM

don how do you clean your bloodroot. i never had trouble cleaning it cause it grow in the black soil along railroad tracks.

Re: bloodroot wars - 07/02/13 04:56 AM

Spray it off on a screen with a good hose and nozzle. Revolve the root until it is clean. Ain't hard to do. they just don't want dirt on the stuff that is all globed up and makes the root look grey. If you dig and handle roots and herbs, then you know how to do it. I put this info on for newbies.

Re: bloodroot wars - 07/02/13 11:19 PM

just a point to anyone diggin root,this is the worst root drying weather ya can get.may have to put a small fire in my old furshed tomorrow to ward off the evil funguses amongus.my racks were moved in and out twice today.thanxful for teenagers.
Posted By: FOXCATCHER

Re: bloodroot wars - 07/07/13 07:12 AM

Do you still want the hair roots attached to Blood root??

I have quite a bit in my area.

Don

Re: bloodroot wars - 07/08/13 04:39 PM

Don just dig the roots and any hair root that stays on the root is ok. You don't have to take it off and you don't have to worry about it being gone. I will pay you the same price anyway you get it as long as it is clean and good and dry.
Posted By: ohbuyer II

Re: bloodroot wars - 07/09/13 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: pcr2
our seeds are finally all dropped and ready.dug out my first bed yesterday with 2 buyers watching over my shoulder.they were shocked at the size a root will grow to from a seed if planted in super soil.this bed was started from seeded dirt and the roots average bigger around than your thumb in 2 years.found there may be even more upswing of this market to come.bloodroot is easy to dig but cleaning can be tedious without a good set up.

Would be nice to see some of your beds / set up.

Re: bloodroot wars - 07/10/13 12:44 PM

they are just rototilled gardens with really good soil covered 6 feet high by 80% shade cloth.you would be stunned at the size it gets.i'm moving right now and am taking all my dirt with me,you can see all the seeds in the dirt so i figure i'm gonna end up with bloodroot everywhere.remember bloodroot doesn't have to meet the same standards for growing as sang.no wild/cultivated difference.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums