Home

Ginseng market

Posted By: don Wolf

Ginseng market - 10/27/12 08:08 PM

The market on Ginseng has taken a good fall in the last week. Don't know where it will end up yet. The market is real shaky at this time.
Posted By: GRIZ

Re: Ginseng market - 10/28/12 12:45 AM

Thanks don but gotta ask how much of a fall?
Posted By: redfoxtrap2008

Re: Ginseng market - 10/28/12 01:28 AM

Don after seeing your pm Friday, I spoke with two of the larger buyers here in Ky both advised me to continue to hold.They said that a lot of seng was going in right now and it was falling slightly.They also stated that some of the northern states prices got to high and acted as though that was part of the problem. Both said they beleive that after the bulk goes in that it would stabilize and recover even go up by mid November neither had lowered their price as of Friday,so I am gonna wait it out. However, I wonder how much the election will effect the price.I really have no idea myself only repeating what I was told, my favorite of the two asked me before I hung up if he had ever told me wrong before lol, I think he sensed my doubts but he usually calls me when it peaks and he hasnt failed me yet.There is a first time for everything though lol.
Posted By: Kevin Colpetzer

Re: Ginseng market - 10/28/12 02:15 AM

Last week I recieved $600 a lb from T&T in Latrobe Pa. grin

Re: Ginseng market - 10/28/12 05:05 AM

last week I would have paid 650 for seng. today, I don't have any idea. It might be just a small drop of say 50.00
Posted By: phillip

Re: Ginseng market - 11/02/12 04:21 AM

sold 3 lb last week got 700 pound

Re: Ginseng market - 11/02/12 04:53 AM

Guess everybody didn't drop prices. You did very good.

Re: Ginseng market - 11/02/12 04:55 AM

Originally Posted By: redfoxtrap2008
Don after seeing your pm Friday, I spoke with two of the larger buyers here in Ky both advised me to continue to hold.They said that a lot of seng was going in right now and it was falling slightly.They also stated that some of the northern states prices got to high and acted as though that was part of the problem. Both said they beleive that after the bulk goes in that it would stabilize and recover even go up by mid November neither had lowered their price as of Friday,so I am gonna wait it out. However, I wonder how much the election will effect the price.I really have no idea myself only repeating what I was told, my favorite of the two asked me before I hung up if he had ever told me wrong before lol, I think he sensed my doubts but he usually calls me when it peaks and he hasnt failed me yet.There is a first time for everything though lol.

How much those fellas paying for seng at this time.
Posted By: phillip

Re: Ginseng market - 11/03/12 12:47 AM

675 under pound 700 more than pound
Posted By: redfoxtrap2008

Re: Ginseng market - 11/03/12 01:13 AM

Don, around 600 but I was advised to hold on and promised more a little later on ,I think theres a lot of games being played in Ky right now Im gonna hold till My buyer says hes topped out. What is your price now Don if you had rather not say pm me if you would . thanks jackie Don I know they are paying more for it in other states and its not because of quality I know that it varys alot but theres more going on than that. imo
© 2024 Trapperman Forums