Home

whats the seng look like in your area?

Posted By: foxkidd44

whats the seng look like in your area? - 06/16/12 11:29 AM

went out and done some preseason scouting,,,,,seng is looking kinda scrawny here.

how bout you?
Posted By: barbwire

Re: whats the seng look like in your area? - 06/17/12 07:38 PM

What I've seen looks good, but we had a lot of rain this spring
Posted By: jeremy brua

Re: whats the seng look like in your area? - 06/23/12 01:09 AM

Wish I could get a peek at some!
Posted By: Dave Plueger

Re: whats the seng look like in your area? - 06/24/12 02:31 AM

Second driest June on record here. Have had quite a few plants in my patches dry up already. If we don't get some serious moisture soon there won't be many plants left up once season opens.
Posted By: ewoktrapper

Re: whats the seng look like in your area? - 06/27/12 08:15 PM

Dry here too.I had low seed germination.I dug up a few seeds still look ok..I hope they sprout next season.The 1 and 2 year olds took a beating this year.The older stock is like dave said drying up fast.I also think they will be down fast this year too..

Re: whats the seng look like in your area? - 06/28/12 11:35 AM

i'm seriously considering opting out on hunting the seng this year......prob won't be worth the effort..............but who knows...i'll prob change my mind when season gets here..lol.
Posted By: don Wolf

Re: whats the seng look like in your area? - 06/28/12 03:24 PM

The heat that is being predicted for this area, will probably about finnish the seng off here. 108 friday and 105 today with about a week of real hot temps will be hard on anything that lives in the woods , especially with the drought we are having now.
Posted By: stan meyers

Re: whats the seng look like in your area? - 07/02/12 10:46 AM

hurt pretty bad here

Re: whats the seng look like in your area? - 07/02/12 03:36 PM

Every day we have these hot and dry conditions, there is less and less seng plants in the woods. Even if it cools off, the seng will die because of the drought. Looks bad for seng season in Indiana and surrounding states.

Re: whats the seng look like in your area? - 07/03/12 01:17 PM

yepper don......
Posted By: ohbuyer II

Re: whats the seng look like in your area? - 07/03/12 03:36 PM

Looks terrible here, there no dought this will be my worst seed producing year I ever had.Just about finished harvesting Goldenseal seeds. I usually pick around 20 gallons of seed this year so far I'm at 1-1/2 gallons... cry

Re: whats the seng look like in your area? - 07/04/12 01:38 AM

wow!, not good
Posted By: trapper man

Re: whats the song look like in your area? - 07/12/12 11:57 AM

Found 2 four prongs and 1 three prong yesterday.Looked good just starting to get green berries.

Re: whats the song look like in your area? - 07/12/12 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: trapper man
Found 2 four prongs and 1 three prong yesterday.Looked good just starting to get green berries.
I guess you fellas don't have any drought conditions nor any temps that have been in the 105 to 110 range
Posted By: panax hunter

Re: whats the song look like in your area? - 07/14/12 12:11 AM

been in the mid 90's. looked at a few wild patches close to home. some had yellow on the tips. not many berries. looks good in the second growth chopping. not as hot in the thickets. should help with the price, i hope.

Re: whats the song look like in your area? - 07/15/12 01:31 AM

went and looked at another spot today,,,,,,,,,,seng already looks like september seng,,all wilted looking without the berries. won't be any to dig come sept

pretty good bet that the seng harvest will be 75% off for illinois .
Posted By: bigbuckg5

Re: whats the song look like in your area? - 07/18/12 03:37 AM

It is bad around here all my plants are dried up.Or something ate the tops off of them.It has been really dry.I will have to go deep in the woods.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums