Home

ginseng be gone

Posted By: redfoxtrap2008

ginseng be gone - 08/30/11 03:38 AM

Dry here this will be the shortest season in years where I live its drying up fast big stuff on top of the hills is long gone,anyone else this dry ?
Posted By: don Wolf

Re: ginseng be gone - 08/30/11 04:09 AM

Starting to get real dry here in Indiana also. Supposed to get to a 100 here thursday. That is the first day of seng season. I won't be in the woods that day for sure. Needs to get into the eighties before I go to the woods to dig seng.
Posted By: ewoktrapper

Re: ginseng be gone - 08/30/11 10:42 AM

I've read that also KY,TN and a few other areas the seng is all ready down for the year.Maybe the price will go up and all the holdover seng will hit the market and can start with a clean slate next season..........
Posted By: stickbowhunter

Re: ginseng be gone - 08/30/11 01:58 PM

I need to check out them places you told me about here ewok...you getting much up there?
Posted By: coondawg

Re: ginseng be gone - 08/30/11 04:21 PM

I checked some plants close to my house yesterday. The berries have dropped, only one plant still had any berries on it. All of them were bright green, none turning yellow yet. There seems to be a ton of small two prongs this year, which is a good thing.
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: ginseng be gone - 08/30/11 04:25 PM

i went out to see how the seng was here......and it's looking real rough........too dang dry..........leaves have started falling off of some...our season starts here pretty shortly....but may not be much to dig,,,lol.
Posted By: ewoktrapper

Re: ginseng be gone - 08/30/11 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: stickbowhunter
I need to check out them places you told me about here ewok...you getting much up there?

With all the sports my kids are in and my oldest one breaking his finger the last week it has been busy.I haven't been in the woods for few days...You got more rain than we did this year maybe your plants aren't beat up too bad....
© 2024 Trapperman Forums