Dug a few

Posted By: Kevin Colpetzer

Dug a few - 08/18/11 03:28 PM

Posted By: stickbowhunter

Re: Dug a few - 08/18/11 04:21 PM

Looks NICE.
Posted By: don Wolf

Re: Dug a few - 08/18/11 04:47 PM

Great looking seng there, young fella. Lot of nice age to your roots. Is the berries ripe in your area? They are getting ripe here but not all of them are ripe yet.

Re: Dug a few - 08/18/11 04:57 PM

Berries are red and alot of them were laying under the plants. Still have some I am waiting on that are turning red. We can't dig till they are red and must transplant the berries. The older 4 prongers are loseing thir berries here.
Posted By: ewoktrapper

Re: Dug a few - 08/18/11 11:24 PM

Kevin.....Some nice roots..........

Even alot of 3 prongers have No seed.I think the dry weather put a hurting on them.

Re: Dug a few - 08/18/11 11:29 PM

found alot without seeds also. also found some with red berries that the stock had fallen off and just laying there from the weight of the berries
Posted By: ewoktrapper

Re: Dug a few - 08/19/11 11:00 AM

I,m 90% sure that the start date will be Sept 1st starting next year.At least that was stated to me when I call Harrisburg a few weeks ago.If that happens I think it will save alot of wild seng,as alot dyes back early.

Just the other day I walked an area that half the hill is blue cohosh.It was already died off and gone for the year.Thats even a bit early.The trillum is dying off at a fast rate also.It's just been a weird year...
Posted By: ohbuyer II

Re: Dug a few - 08/19/11 02:31 PM

nice root
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: Dug a few - 08/22/11 06:25 PM

nice looking stuff!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums