Home

Pa seasons on 'Seng?

Posted By: stickbowhunter

Pa seasons on 'Seng? - 08/11/11 02:50 PM

I have been told its Aug 1 and thought it didn't open untill Sept 1 anybody here know? I can't find in Pa regs.Probably just missed it.Did it change from a few years ago?
Posted By: BigCountry1129

Re: Pa seasons on 'Seng? - 08/11/11 03:16 PM

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/wildplant/ginsengregulations_short.aspx

DCNR site says its still Aug 1 but says it will be changed to Sept 1(2006-2007) calendar year, but the regs still read Aug 1
Posted By: don Wolf

Re: Pa seasons on 'Seng? - 08/11/11 03:35 PM

Looks like their site needs updated to present day status. That information is easy to read the wrong way. I think I would call a CO or contact the state before I began digging aug 1st.
Posted By: stickbowhunter

Re: Pa seasons on 'Seng? - 08/11/11 03:51 PM

AH ...SIMPLE PA REGS. Thanks , will have to try later today the commission.Hey , ewok what is it?
Posted By: stan meyers

Re: Pa seasons on 'Seng? - 08/11/11 03:52 PM

Wish tennesse would move our season back to september, our season starts 15 aug. Been busy digging cohosh and have yet to see a ripe gensieng berry.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Pa seasons on 'Seng? - 08/11/11 04:28 PM

it's aug. 1 their diggin like crazy up here.drought killed lotsa plants though.agree it should be sept.1 ,but at the meeting the smart educated people that have never been in the woods tell us that buy and spend all our time in the woods we don't know what were talking about.this year was the last time i go to their yearly meeting.
Posted By: don Wolf

Re: Pa seasons on 'Seng? - 08/11/11 08:52 PM

You hearing any prices on seng, pcr2.
Posted By: ewoktrapper

Re: Pa seasons on 'Seng? - 08/11/11 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: don Wolf
Looks like their site needs updated to present day status. That information is easy to read the wrong way. I think I would call a CO or contact the state before I began digging aug 1st.

Dang you guys read my mind LMAO

I just called Harrisburg this morning..I made Rachel aware of it at the Pa Department of Conservation and Natural Resourses.Aug 1st start date.

The reason I call was because to get a permit to pick on Allegheny National Forest.These Permits will no longer be issued.There goes alot of wild seng down the tubes...I can see there point in away,but I can still pick 50 year old roots there.....
Posted By: ewoktrapper

Re: Pa seasons on 'Seng? - 08/11/11 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: stan meyers
Wish tennesse would move our season back to september, our season starts 15 aug. Been busy digging cohosh and have yet to see a ripe gensieng berry.

Stan.......I think the dry weather had alot to do with it here.I found 3 ea 4 prongers with full red berry pods thats even early for here.Also there is alot of 3 prongers with NO seed on them.Why no seed? I don't know I thinking dry weather.
Posted By: stan meyers

Re: Pa seasons on 'Seng? - 08/11/11 11:03 PM

Could be ewok but I can never remember a lot of ripe berries prior to sept a few sure but not many. We have had plenty of rain near me and there is more gensieng coming up this year than I've seen in a while. I hope you and I both have a good season, I so far have been digging a lot of big cohosh as the seeds have fallen off.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums