Home

Michigan ginseng.

Posted By: Anonymous

Michigan ginseng. - 07/25/11 02:37 PM

I have a bit of private groung I can dig some root, Is there any place in the state to sell It? or can a person take the root out of state? thank you in advance.
Posted By: don Wolf

Re: Michigan ginseng. - 07/25/11 04:49 PM

You better check with your DNR on Seng regulations. Looks to be a convuluted mess in your state. I read all I could on your seng laws about a month ago, and never did fully understand what you had to do to meet the specs set up by your state. Looked to me like you might be able to dig some seng but I diden't think I found any kind of program to export it out of your state.
Posted By: Northcountry

Re: Michigan ginseng. - 07/25/11 05:28 PM

I looked into the rules a couple of years ago, when I came upon a nice patch in the woods. I came away with the understanding that we cannot touch ginseng...it is fully protected in Michigan. There may be some loopholes for private land, I dont know.

-NC
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Michigan ginseng. - 07/25/11 09:00 PM

Yes sir bill, the regs on digging root seem to only be for state land.the private land is what I need to confirm.I know of folks in hillsdale county that grow ginseng,how all of the rules fit together is what I need to figure out.
Posted By: K9Wolfer

Re: Michigan ginseng. - 08/14/11 04:52 PM

cant dig in michigan
© 2024 Trapperman Forums