Home

Blue Cohosh

Posted By: ohbuyer II

Blue Cohosh - 06/16/11 05:24 PM

Ok heres a pic of blue cohosh then its root.

Posted By: ewoktrapper

Re: Blue Cohosh - 06/16/11 05:40 PM

Thanks again Ohio..

Now whats the market for blue?

Re: Blue Cohosh - 06/16/11 05:49 PM

Right around $2.00/lb
Posted By: stickbowhunter

Re: Blue Cohosh - 06/16/11 06:44 PM

there are both GREAT pics of cohosh...now thats a help to see what I want to look for, some of the book pics just plain stink- I can see these and know what to look for now.THANKK YOU !
Posted By: redfoxtrap2008

Re: Blue Cohosh - 06/17/11 02:10 AM

great job on the pics
Posted By: bic

Re: Blue Cohosh - 06/17/11 02:16 AM

Right now in my area there are some bushes that are loaded with clusters of crimson red berries. the pods look similar to a cluster of elderberries but they are NOT. Any ideas off the top of your head? I can get some Pic's later this weekend.

Re: Blue Cohosh - 06/17/11 11:51 AM

bic,would it look like this

Re: Blue Cohosh - 06/17/11 12:19 PM

SO what is that a pic of? Most of US here are new to this I think.

Re: Blue Cohosh - 06/17/11 12:31 PM

Its called Sorbus,I would not think it would be the plant bic is looking at.

Re: Blue Cohosh - 06/17/11 12:39 PM

Probally this one,Highbush Cranberry

Re: Blue Cohosh - 06/17/11 01:07 PM

Ohiobuyer Sorry for the questions. I am starving for a mentor here and looking at a book to try to find what I am looking at in the woods in front of me ...well if I had an idea then easy to check book to confirm. Hard with NO IDEA...L.O.L....thats why I ask for pics as we talking so I can begin the journey...AND THANK YOU !

Posted By: ewoktrapper

Re: Blue Cohosh - 06/18/11 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: stickbowhunter
Ohiobuyer Sorry for the questions. I am starving for a mentor here and looking at a book to try to find what I am looking at in the woods in front of me ...well if I had an idea then easy to check book to confirm. Hard with NO IDEA...L.O.L....thats why I ask for pics as we talking so I can begin the journey...AND THANK YOU !

X2 here Been awhile since I've dug roots....

Re: Blue Cohosh - 07/12/14 11:46 PM

The Blue Cohosh. When I was very young we used to pick a lot of Huckleberries on our then farm. I found something I think looked like that throughout the bushes. Is there a chance it was Cohosh? Been 50 years since I was here but as I remember it was very much the same looking a the pics.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Blue Cohosh - 07/13/14 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: bic
Right now in my area there are some bushes that are loaded with clusters of crimson red berries. the pods look similar to a cluster of elderberries but they are NOT. Any ideas off the top of your head? I can get some Pic's later this weekend.

bic, you may be talking about tartarian honeysuckle. Look up the image for it and let me know if I'm right.
The stuff is taking over alot of open and waste spaces around here. many people mistake it for autumn olive.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums