Home

Plant ID

Posted By: ohbuyer II

Plant ID - 06/10/11 05:50 PM

Anyone Id this plant.First pic is single plant

second pic has 3 plants of the same species plus a bonus plant

Posted By: CentralILtrapper

Re: Plant ID - 06/10/11 07:04 PM

Virginia Snake Root, Should have a small flower at the base and the root smells pretty strong.

Re: Plant ID - 06/10/11 07:11 PM

No dought about the smell.This a great plant to cultivate if you can find a source for plants to get started. Do you see the other plant in the second pic.

Re: Plant ID - 06/10/11 07:13 PM

No, is that as big as it gets? I have found a bunch but it seems to take a lot to get a pound

Re: Plant ID - 06/10/11 07:23 PM

Its the plant to the left between the snake root and turn over maple leaf.

Thats about the size.Those in the pic are around 12" or so.

Re: Plant ID - 06/10/11 07:25 PM

Ginseng

Re: Plant ID - 06/10/11 07:27 PM

Yepper,its young but still sang.
Posted By: don Wolf

Re: Plant ID - 06/10/11 11:30 PM

I can use all the Virginia snakeroot anybody can dig for 60.00 per lb.
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: Plant ID - 06/11/11 12:24 AM

i havn't seen any virgina around here in quite some time don.

Re: Plant ID - 06/11/11 04:15 AM

I have quite a lot of it around here, but nobody wants to dig the stuff because the root is fine on it. It smells like turpentine and when I dig seng, I always got a couple pieces in my pocket to get a good whiff of it every now and then.
Posted By: stan meyers

Re: Plant ID - 06/11/11 09:36 AM

Thanks for the picture could you possibly post a picture of the roo as well? or is the smell enuf to identify it?

Re: Plant ID - 06/11/11 01:00 PM

Stan the smell is enough I promise. I have some drying on the kitchen counter right now and can smell it from here. Don, i'll do my best to find as much as possible for ya.
Posted By: bigbuckg5

Re: Plant ID - 06/11/11 01:25 PM

ANY WORD OF HOW MUCH ROOTS ARE GOING TO GO THIS YEAR.HOW ABOUT SENG AND YELLOW ROOT.I CAN DIG YELLOW ROOT BY THE DUMPTRUCK LOAD.

Re: Plant ID - 06/11/11 05:14 PM

Bigbuck I am paying 20 on dry seal and 4 on dry seal tops at this time. The roots must be nice and clean and the tops no yellow or black leaves and no mold. If you read through a lot of these threads on here, I post what my going price is at this time. The market is subject to change at any time, it could go up and it could go down, but for the most part it don't usually drop/
I doubt you will know the price on seng untill seng season starts and then there is a wide variation on price due to the locality it comes from.

Re: Plant ID - 06/12/11 01:34 PM

I UNDERSTAND.I JUST HAVE A BUYER IN OHIO.HE IS GETTING PRETTY OLD AND WOULD LIKE TO FIND ONE THAT I KNOW I CAN TRUST.THERE ARE ALOT OF GUYS OUT THERE THAT WOULD SCREW YA IN A MINUTE.SO ARE THERE ANY GOOD BUYERS AROUND NOBLE COUTY IN OHIO THAT YOU KNOW OF.LIKE I SAID I AM IN IRAQ AT THIS TIME BUT WHEN I GET HOME IT IS GOING TO BE ALOT OF DIGGING AND LAYING STEEL.I HAVE TO MAKE UP FOR LAST YEAR

Re: Plant ID - 06/13/11 12:56 PM

Let me know when you get state side then I can help you.Oh and thanks.

Re: Plant ID - 06/13/11 01:06 PM

WILL DO SR THANKS FOR YOUR TIME,IF I EVER FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST PICS I WILL TAKE SOME AND PUT THEM ON HERE.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums