Home

Got a few ingredients

Posted By: DirtyD

Got a few ingredients - 03/28/24 04:12 AM

So I have 10 coon worth of glands, 6 coon worth of testicals, some coon fat, and some lard and tallow I've been keeping from cooking... never done any lures.. what yall think u should make with all this? I've been reading up a bunch on here, so I got some ideas, but I want to see what yall will share with me on the combo I got.. feel free to pm if you don't want to share publicly.
Posted By: Guss

Re: Got a few ingredients - 03/28/24 03:10 PM

I never had any luck with dead coon or fat .
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Got a few ingredients - 03/28/24 05:23 PM

No experience with the coon parts but as a whole I haven't found much attraction to fat, lard or grease in predator formulations unless it was bacon grease but that wasn't overly attractive by my standards. Can have some value as a conditioner in a formulation if needed. Though there are other ingredients that can be used as conditioners that can bring more attraction to the table.
Posted By: E.J. Kelley

Re: Got a few ingredients - 03/28/24 08:33 PM

Keep the glands and testicles. Throw the other stuff away. Put the glands and balls in a jar. Let em set until you can just tell that they are starting to turn. Mix in a bit of fresh coon urine and add an equal amount of glycerin. Preserve with sodium benzoate, methyl paraben and zinc valerate. Grind once or twice through a fine plate. Raccoon gland lure. Id wait till you have a bit more glands than you have to make it worthwhile in your efforts.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums