Home

I need to quit smoking

Posted By: Muddy Boots

I need to quit smoking - 11/08/12 09:37 PM

I'm 29 years old and smoke darn near a pack of marlboros a day
Posted By: coontrapperchad

Re: I need to quit smoking - 11/09/12 08:42 AM

One thing I can assure of is this: unless you are 100% ready to QUIT; you will fail. You have to WANT to quit before you can quit; I know. I smoked for twenty years 2-3 packs a day and have been smoke free for two years and four months; quit cold turkey. Smoking is nothing but a HABIT. If you can find something else to take your mind off of the URGE to light one up; you will have a better chance of quiting. Good luck. I BELIEVE YOU CAN QUIT!!!!! Chad
Posted By: 208trapper

Re: I need to quit smoking - 11/17/12 04:58 AM

i have tried many times and failed many times.
im in the same boat as you with the exception that im a camel guy myself.
Posted By: put'n the dog on

Re: I need to quit smoking - 11/18/12 01:08 AM

Recently quit. 30 yrs old started having chest pains. Scary. Smoked a pack and a half of marlboros a day for fifteen years.. Try that Chantix. It worked for me. no nightmares like everyone said. Took about a week and a half and I just didn't want to smoke anymore. Been two months now. smoke free. Good luck to you. Stay strong you'll get through it. Greg
Posted By: mn rookie

Re: I need to quit smoking - 12/14/12 02:24 AM

I used Chantix too. Its been 7 months for me.
Posted By: MossCreekMonster

Re: I need to quit smoking - 02/21/13 08:16 PM

I used Chantix, and every morning when I woke up my arms would be sore. Then i realized that I was having nightmares everynight about my wife cheating on me. I had to stop taking it. I stopped for a while then had a life changing tragedy and started again. The chantix stuff worked, but it really messed with my head.
Posted By: Redneckwannabee

Re: I need to quit smoking - 02/22/13 12:59 PM

E-cigs. NJOY brand carried at 7/11. Very good.
Posted By: Taiga men

Re: I need to quit smoking - 04/17/13 02:26 AM

Read the book "Easy Way to Give Up Smoking" and you will be exempted from cigarettes
Posted By: Nathanfalls116

Re: I need to quit smoking - 04/17/13 10:37 AM

I quit smoking about a year ago I just convinced myself I didn't want to smoke anymore and finally was so disgusted with every one I smoked I had to quit because I just felt so dirty for doing it... Those e cigs and chantex can't beat your own free will if you don't want to do it make a conscious decision to just rid yourself of it but one thing I haven't really got over is carrying a lighter a trusty bic remains in my pocket on most days...
Posted By: Old Hunter

Re: I need to quit smoking - 04/23/13 09:00 PM

Cold turkey 4 years ago after smoking for 40 years . 1 of the best things I have ever done hang in there it can be tough but it can be beating .
Posted By: Kristen🦊

Re: I need to quit smoking - 04/24/13 01:55 AM

Judas Priest! ? One pack + a day ??
Its alot of psychological and some physical.
If you are ready to quit, then you will be successful. Find a new little hobby...something simple yet enjoyable, and do that whenever you have an urge. Keep busy! Also, visit your doctor, he/she can give you prescribed or OTC suggestions.

I work in surgery with vascular patients, and 80% of them are amputees or will be due to smoking. You really are damaging so much of your body, not just your lungs.
Posted By: cyacoyote

Re: I need to quit smoking - 05/06/13 01:16 AM

i am trying e-cigs now... tried the chantix, worked for a few days...
tried cold turkey, but got really fowl tempered...

i may be able to do it with the e-cigs... same motions and all, and
keeps my hands busy. i was not as bad as some, usually only 1/2-3/4
pack a day, but weekends were 1+...

hoping all of us who are trying succeed!
Posted By: jbell

Re: I need to quit smoking - 07/01/13 01:01 PM

I tried the chantix a few yrs ago and had the cepression and nightmare thing. As of now, I'm smoke free for 2 months. I used the nocorette lozenges for a few weeks then switched to tic tacs. Now to get off the tic tacs!
Posted By: trapperman83

Re: I need to quit smoking - 08/15/13 01:42 AM

I used the patches but I was on them for way too long I was stuck on the last patch for months. But I have been chew free for over a year
Posted By: SteveP

Re: I need to quit smoking - 08/15/13 02:56 PM

E-cigs for both the wife and I. Worked really well and we even dropped the E-cig after about 2 months.

Steve
© 2024 Trapperman Forums