Home

TIA

Posted By: hampshiretrapper

TIA - 05/13/12 07:38 PM

I'm 44 and last weekend while at work, suffered a TIA (mini stroke). Lasted for about 12 minutes, during that time I was unable to speak or write. After alot of tests at the hospital, they discovered I had a PFO (hole in heart). Unsure if that is what caused the TIA, but I'm only on a baby aspirin per day and thank god I have no lasting side effects from the TIA. Plus the smoking is no more, it's only been a week and the difference is unreal. I'm looking forward to trapping places I had given up on because of the walking distance (LAZY...lol). Sure scared the crap outta me, guess God was giving me a little: Hey buddy, appreciate each day and don't procrastinate. Hampshire Trapper out......thanks.

Re: TIA - 06/07/12 03:18 AM

One month smoke free!
Posted By: Jude

Re: TIA - 06/07/12 05:40 PM

Congrats!!! Keep it going...
Posted By: roostermandave

Re: TIA - 06/23/12 11:05 AM

pROUD OF YOU ,Keep up the Great Job my friend.

Re: TIA - 07/19/12 03:22 AM

2 1/2 months smoke free and no longer using the nicotine patches

Re: TIA - 08/03/12 05:09 AM

3 months smoke free
Posted By: sdco300

Re: TIA - 08/08/12 02:33 PM

Keep the streak going, it does get easier. I've got asthma use to be real bad. Doc said absolutely no smoking. He said I had to quit or I wouldn't make it. that was 30 years ago. quit cold turkey and am now 65 and loving life. So DON'T LOOK BACK LOOK FORWARD
Posted By: charles

Re: TIA - 08/16/12 08:32 PM

67 years smoke free. Never started. Lost 35lbs since April. Need to loose 50 more. Will power is the secret and its tough to hold on to.

Re: TIA - 09/04/12 02:44 AM

4 months smoke free, no more shortness of breathe after any type of activity. I feel great and can't wait to put some steel in the ground.

Re: TIA - 10/10/12 04:49 AM

5 months

Re: TIA - 11/01/12 10:02 AM

6 MONTHS!!! and still goin' strong
Posted By: yaaintdeadyet

Re: TIA - 11/22/12 01:00 PM

Good job hamp. I enured a couple of months worth of TIA's a decade ago. I didn't stop smoking then. Less than 6 months later I had a massive heart attack. Don't ya love how doc's use bloated adjectives to describe a medical incident? Guess that's better than the clinical description. At any rate, with no cessation of smoking my condition worsened. The heart attack supposedly killed the bottom third of my heart. I was active hamp. Played inline hockey a couple of times a week. Smokin did me in. Along with genetics. Stubborness danm near killed me then. I waited another 3 months before going into an ER. Then it was a double bypass. Granted not smoking called for a bigger belt it was important. Thank God. Keep us tuned in.
Posted By: coontrapperchad

Re: TIA - 11/29/12 08:22 AM

Keep goin Hamp!! I quit 2 1/2 yrs ago and I used to smoke 2 1/2-3 packs a day for twenty years. I HAVE FAITH IN YOU- YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! Chad

Re: TIA - 12/02/12 06:46 PM

Thanks for the encouragement guys....7 months (well in 2 days, but close enough).
Posted By: white17

Re: TIA - 01/04/13 09:44 PM

Good for you ! It gets easier every day. 33 years and one month smoke free here.

Re: TIA - 03/11/13 09:27 PM

9 months! Closing in on that year mark.

Re: TIA - 06/16/13 06:44 PM

13 months!!!
Posted By: MAAA

Re: TIA - 06/18/13 09:17 PM

51 years old soon to be 52 in July never smoked or dipped a day in my life. I had to throw that out there, couldn't pass it up. LOL ! Not tring to be a smart a-- I just never have figured out why anyone would smoke to begin with. When i met my wife 14 years ago she smoked when we first met. Other people smoking never really bothered me i guess because i could always get away from it, but could'nt my wife because she was always with me. My truck started smelling like cigerett smoke. I could not handle riding in her car with the windows rolled up. She knew that her smoking was going to be a problem between us early in our relationship and was curtious enough to not smoke in my house and tried to keep from smoking alot arround me and decided on her own to try and quit. She tried just cutting back to only smoking a few cigeretts a day but that was only driving her up the wall. So one day she was telling me that she was really tring hard to quit which i knew she was, so i told her i knew of an real easy way for her to quit. She asked how that was and i said it is real simple. I said give me that pack of cigeretts which she did. I then threw them out the window and looked at her and said see you just quit now don't buy anymore. LOL ! Which she didn't and has not smoked since.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums