Home

anyone ever get an MRI?

Posted By: patch

anyone ever get an MRI? - 02/18/12 06:03 PM

wow do those suck! i didnt think i was clausterphopic, but after about 10 minutes in there, i told the guy that it was time for me to come out.

he thought i should try a sedative and come back next week, but im not sure i want to...LOL!!!!!
Posted By: Pasadena

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 02/19/12 03:19 AM

I fell asleep when I had my knee done. When I had my wrist done that was a different story. Had to lay down almost like in a prone shooting position for an hour with my arm in the machine.
Posted By: patch

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 02/19/12 12:20 PM

it was my shoulder they were looking at so i had to be all the way in the machine, i tried to close my eyes and go to sleep....that didnt work very good for me...lol!!!
Posted By: Adam H

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 02/19/12 01:53 PM

Went through MRI's 3 times for my whole body. The hardest part was to remain still since one of the symptoms of my affliction was muscle twitching. I also had 4 EMG's which made the MRI's a pleasure.
Posted By: ponyboy

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 02/19/12 11:20 PM

Breathe............. Don't Breathe........... Breathe......
Posted By: southermn

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 02/20/12 05:51 PM

Its just like shooting a deer when you go in think about sitting inyour deer stand when he tells you to take a breath you will start seeing that big buck and when he tells you to let it out you have pulled the trigger.It helped my son when he had a couple of them done
Posted By: Kirk

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 02/22/12 04:54 AM

till this year Iv been getting at least 2 r 3 a year since 07
Posted By: Silly Goose

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 07/25/12 09:06 PM

I recently had to be sedated to go through with it. Part of the problem was the position I had to maintain, it hurt pretty bad. So, a couple pills later, I didn't care what happened.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 07/26/12 11:58 AM

I've had 3 so far. "
Funny, how every thing itches when they tell you, to lay still...
Posted By: mulberrygal

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 08/16/12 02:57 AM

I had to have some for work related back injury. I am claustrophobic so I had an open MRI, much better.
Posted By: TNDadx4

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 08/16/12 03:28 PM

I've had to go through a few. The open MRIs are a lot better and easier to deal with. Ask if that is an option.
Posted By: charles

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 08/16/12 07:46 PM

I've had about five. No problem until the last one on my shoulder. The tech put my arm in sort of a tray and it was at a painful position. Took an hour. About 45 minutes into the procedure he stopped the scan and told me that if I would not be still, he would have to start all over. Shoulder was very painful and I could feel the tendon tearing (I thought). I told the tech that if I could just walk around and move my shoulder a little, we could continue. That was not an option, so I had to tolerate it for 15 more minutes. I am convinced that my surgery was worse because the MRI tech did as much harm as mother nature had done. The tendon was torn completely into.

I've had three rotator surgeries for the exact condition - complete separation of a tendon.

Getting a new knee on 9/6. Everything diagnosed from x-rays so no MRI is needed. Praise the Lord, Medicare doesn't have to pay for an MRI.
Posted By: BamaTrapper1923

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 12/01/12 01:58 AM

I've had MRI's PET's and CT's when they diagnosed me with non- hodgeskins lymphoma last year. I think the PET sucked more due to the mental aspect of them bringing in a needle wrapped in lead and inform you that they are gonna inject you with "slightly" RADIOACTIVE liquid!!!! They told me the majority would come out during my first urination...I halfway expected it to be green...lol
Posted By: Okie1

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 12/30/12 02:34 AM

I've had many off and on over the years on my back, knees, ankles and shoulders since 1979 but mostly for my lower back. The first one for me was really tough but each one got easier. Now they have "Open MRI's" which are a lot better just tell your Doctor you want to do an Open MRI so he can set you up. They have a lot more today than they had several years ago but since I've had two major lower back fusions were they placed metal plates in fusing all but L1 & L2 in my lower back I have to do a LUMBAR MYELOGRAM.
Posted By: Birdman1947

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 12/31/12 11:40 PM

I have had two in 2012. They put me under for $1495.00. If they wanted a good picture you better put me under so they did. I was going to have a back fusion on L3 and L4 but the surgeon said if it was his back he would not do it, so i did not do it. Instead i said lets fix my hips, so May 23rd my left hip was replaced and Nov 28th the right hip, back pain is almost gone. Then nov 17th I had a stroke and recovering from that. My nerves in my upper shoulder are driving me nuts, not that I was before. The muscles keeps tightening and pulling so today they said lets try heat. When the pain hits it makes you just cringe and wait for it togo away. I am Lucky to be alive, they cleaned out the cortaid artery on the 19th. I am Larry Jungwirth- birdman
Posted By: white17

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 01/04/13 09:42 PM

Lost count of how many I've had. Not nearly as bad as the cancer they were trying to locate. Consider the alternatives.
Posted By: Birdman1947

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 11/11/13 03:08 AM

They had to put me under to get a good picture of my back.
Posted By: Ms.Miss

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 11/11/13 02:13 PM

had shoulder looked at in MRI. they gave me head phones and i listened to music. having shoulder in the tray was worst part cause they dont put it where its comfortable. i did fall asleep though. may want to take a muscle relaxer or something before. ya just have to keep breathing regular and not move. hope everything works out for ya
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 11/26/13 06:16 AM

I've made it through 2 MRI's without to many problems other than darn near falling asleep the milagrams weren't any fun at all this was to fuse my neck twice . CT scans aren't to bad either , my last one was a year ago they removed my appendix a couple hours later before it went south in a hurry lol
Allan
Posted By: Buzzzzz

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 12/05/13 04:25 PM

i have had countless mri's. I fall asleep almost every time.
Posted By: okie4570

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 01/16/14 05:16 AM

Have had a couple for my right shoulder.......and I don't fit in there very well in the shoulder area. Managed to fall a sleep both times.
Posted By: langenc

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 05/06/14 03:42 AM

Im on the big side and the last one was tight and the bed NARROW and no place to put my arms..
Posted By: cohunt

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 11/11/15 11:05 PM

When you have an MRI with contrast they use a substance call gadolinium. It is really bad stuff if it does not get out of the body. It is very smart to ask for a bag or two of saline in an IV to force the kidneys to flush it out. Read about gadolinium poisoning if you want a real scare.
Posted By: 1st Timer

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 08/27/17 04:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Adam H
Went through MRI's 3 times for my whole body. The hardest part was to remain still since one of the symptoms of my affliction was muscle twitching. I also had 4 EMG's which made the MRI's a pleasure.
EMGs really suck. They stuck me 22 times. The MRIs that I've had are a breeze compared to that.
Posted By: WyomingWoodsman

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 08/29/17 02:42 AM

imake appoint now of staying up all night before hand, thenI'm so tired I doze off in them, the one time I was awake and alert it was hard to tolerate, im s large as you can be and go in them here, its tight. go sleepy and you wont mind as much.
Posted By: TimmyNY

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 09/02/17 12:02 PM

Numerous CTs a couple MRI a PET. They were nothing. 2 Bleeding scans shoot you up with radioactive stuff and lay under x-ray scanner for 4 hours not moving. Worst by far was the CT assisted needle biopsy. Stab you in the back with a long needle then send you Through the CT to see if it's in the right place. 7 times. "This is going to hurt but you probably won't remember it" yeah right
Posted By: bhugo

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 11/30/17 11:51 PM

Several, they suck when you are in pain and have to stay still.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 08/19/18 01:35 AM

ive had 3...didnt bother me a bit...all the way in head first
Posted By: Trapper155

Re: anyone ever get an MRI? - 12/01/18 02:56 PM

Had 2 CT and an MRI, they are really no big deal, the noise of the MRI kind of gave me a headache the rest of the day. Scariest feeling for me was once when they took an x-ray at the urgent care and told me I had a fractured L5 vertebrae and that I needed to walk across the street to the ER and get a CT to see if it was stabile or not. I ask why happens if it’s not stabile and they tell me if I move wrong it could paralyze me, talk about try to not stub your toe on the curb or trip!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums