Home

should i go get checked out

Posted By: 208trapper

should i go get checked out - 12/03/11 03:31 AM

so the other day i got back from checkin my line ended up pulling a few rats well while i was skinning a quick slip of the knife left a pretty deep gash in my finger since i was just about done i let my swear word fly finished up and washed my hands with warm soap and water i than went to bed thinking nothing of it well the next day i woke up with some substantual (spellcheck) pain and stiffness in my pinkie finger on the same hand it has been cold and i have broke that pinkie finger before so again thought nothing of it well now my throat is hurting im coughing and now three fingers on the same cut hand are stiff and hurting i have health insurance so going to the doc wont be so bad but i dont want to go in if im over reacting what do you guys think
Posted By: Adam H

Re: should i go get checked out - 12/03/11 02:36 PM

I would go. The risk of infection due to germs on a skinning knife getting into a cut is significant. Better safe than sorry.
Posted By: Budfish

Re: should i go get checked out - 12/04/11 05:01 AM

If you haven't gone yet, you should go now. After hours clinic or ER if you have to.
Posted By: Tsarevna

Re: should i go get checked out - 12/08/11 08:46 AM

Did you get checked out? How are you feeling now?
Posted By: G-Trapper

Re: should i go get checked out - 12/09/11 03:26 AM

go to the doctr!!!
Posted By: 208trapper

Re: should i go get checked out - 12/11/11 03:00 PM

fingers are fine, they were hurting due to inflamation in the joints. cough is still here but the soar throat is down to nothing but a itch in the back of my throat. doc says im fine although maybe a little paranoid lol. sorry it took so long to respond.
Posted By: decoy

Re: should i go get checked out - 01/16/12 04:02 PM

Last year working on a kitty I cut my thumb knuckle really BAD. Had no choice about going to ER after the wife seen it :-)
Glad I did, got tetnus shot and they bufferflyed it and used 50' of wrap after a really good washing. We all examined what is in the thumb as it looked kinda like a 3D pix. :-) Now a year later and my wak job is still red and sensitive if rubbed on.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums